i am getting errors with upgrades and have another problem

Started by turbobikes, November 21, 2008, 04:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbobikes

i just download it to the forum folder right?
or is there a way to get it to relace things properly?
i am not sure i am doing this correctly it does upload the files but doesnt seem to correct things?

Antechinus

Yes to the forum folder.

When you say it doesn't seem to correct things: can you be more specific?

turbobikes

ok it shows as a folder in the forum folder in my control panel as upgrade 1.1.7
am i not doing things right?
my permissions setting is 755

turbobikes

stil no site but i am lost
it uploaded 1100 files (is this number right?)

turbobikes

should i be uploading a whole new forum file instead up the upgrade? which exact file should i be uploading

Antechinus

Quote from: turbobikes on November 21, 2008, 07:46:02 PM
ok it shows as a folder in the forum folder in my control panel as upgrade 1.1.7
am i not doing things right?
my permissions setting is 755

I think what you have done is to select the folder on your desktop which contains the extracted upgrade files and you have uploaded that. Wont work. You need to open that folder on the desktop side so you can see all the files and folders inside it. Then you need to select all of those and upload them. If you have all the files and folders on your desktop side highlighted then when you initiate transfer your ftp will automatically upload them in the correct order.

turbobikes

ok site is back up but i get this warning what am i to do now?

MAJOR SECURITY RISK:
You have not removed upgrade.php!

Antechinus

turbobikes

it says i am upgraded on my site now??
what other steps are ther to do
i am lost
i uploaded everything and the site came back and it says i am using the 1.1.7 now at the bottom and the admin page

Antechinus

After uploading all the files the next step is to run upgrade.php, which is the file you are being warned about. You do this by entering this link in your address bar: http://yoursitename.org/forum/upgrade.php

That will bring up the upgrade screen. Have you seen that before?

turbobikes

no never seen that before
it says

The upgrader found some old or outdated language files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme.

Click here to try again.

Antechinus

Usually you'll see a screen that asks you for your cpanel login and runs you through a brief upgrade process. If all the files uploaded correctly there shouldn't be any outdated language files.

Mind you, a lot of the time they will only be languages you never use anyway. 

How does your admin error log look? Is it pretty clean or all messed up?

turbobikes

i keep getting this error
MAJOR SECURITY RISK:
You have not removed upgrade.php!

and it says my language files are 1.1 and out dated
but all else looks good
how do i correc tthe rest of the issues?

Antechinus

Ok, if everything seems fine then use your ftp to delete upgrade.php.

If it turns out the upgrade process was incomplete you can always upload upgrade.php again, but deleting it in the mean time closes a security hole. Keep an eye on your error log in case something turns up.

You can check the language files in your admin center under "Maintenance".Same page you do backups from. If the outdated files are languages you don't need then personally I wouldn't worry about them. If they are ones you want then just get a copy of them and upload them to the right folder.

turbobikes

Antechinus

Cool. My test site files have uploaded now (slow connection) so I'll go do mine.  :D

Post again if you hit any glitches.

turbobikes

all is good now (i wont mess with the laguages thing yet
there is some mod english the need updated but ill attempt that another day
enough drama for today lol
ill mark as solved
thank you again

Advertisement: