News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Manually reloading the members from outside script

Started by hidendra, June 28, 2009, 06:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hidendra

Hi,

I currently have a site and it is to be linked to the forums directly to allow for one account to be used on the forums/site and in the game client (it is Java). It works perfectly and all, just one problem: When registering manually via client or the site (which both go through a php script), SMF does not acknowledge the new users that were not made with SMF (either as a latest member or where it says "x posts by x members".. it sees them in the member list, though.

So what function does SMF use to reload the users? I looked around the source and didn't see anything too specific that would help.. The info being inserted into the tables in question is identical to what would be inserted as if it was registered via forums, so as far as I know that is not the issue.

Thank you.

hidendra

I sort of fixed it, but with a dirty hack/way of doing it.

If anyone reads this, any reason why, even though Subs.php is loaded in SSI.php, it can't find the function updateStats (that is in Subs). I was going to try just using SSI to execute the update, but then I did it another way (since error).

Advertisement: