News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Nova

Started by rocknroller, August 10, 2012, 06:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocknroller

Link to the theme

- Nova -
Free theme for SMF® 2.0 and newest.
More details: HERE

Please, uninstall old Lgf Mod and install new version. LGF Mod Download is HERE
it's required for showing avatar feature.

Hope you like it, 8 styles are included with possabilities to can be bright during a day and dark during a night with auto switching options.

Nova Theme have tons of options integrated, just go to admin panel and look at theme options.

some of it:

Day and night auto switching mode
You can put your Ads in lots of places
Custom copyright box
Social network fan page Icons
Social network share buttons
Custom Extra Menu with ability for 5 tab buttons and 5 dropdown menu links for each of them. *avatar on board index and message index
Custom footer menu (space for 15 footer links)

Theme using CSS3 and there is a possibility that they will not show correctly in older browsers.

ARG01

Not bad. One thing that I did notice is that the info area at the very bottom seems to end abruptly. Maybe some sort of bottom border would give that area a more finished appearance. Jmo.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

maxg

Well I've been around for a log time and I have seem many great themes, and this has got to be one of the Best Free themes ever!
It has lots of admin options to work with, and very user friendly! 

Second to none in my book!

Great Job Rock!

regards,
Maxx

rocknroller

@ARG
Thanks, :) Maybe I'll do it for next upgrade.

@Maxx
Thanks, Maxx :) You know well, lasted long while we made it without known bugs and errors.

Skhilled

Great job, Rock!

Stay tuned everyone...more are on the way! ;)

rocknroller

Thanks, Skhilled :)

My modesty know it's great  ;D

Also I want congrats to all team members on that hard job they done, to bring this theme on this level.  :)

tMicky

This is a very nice theme. However, I noticed the forum statistics still show on the site index, even when the do not show statistics tab is unchecked under current theme. How do you remove this from the front page, thank you.

Also, is there a way to remove the big white bar on the top that has buttons for unread, replies, search etc.

tMicky

no solutions or suggestions, about removing the big white bar and not showing statistics on the board index.

Auburn

Hi! I am loving this theme - absolutely genius.

But ...I think I found a bit of an issue/bug when it comes to avatar sizes. When I try to enlarge the avvy limit, I get this:

...help? =c
maybe there's some tweaking of the css pages that I could do to fix it?
very much looking forward to your solution! (but yes, definitely among the best themes i've seen so far, aside from this bug)

armada1987

Good theme, but on this theme my image resizer dont work :(
Nije zlato sve sto sja.

WantSome

I am loving this theme, Thanks!

I have one issue, though.  Is there a way to show the user welcome area in the header?  I.e. the user avatar beside the buttons that say 'show new replies', 'search' and 'PM x/y'?

WantSome

I guess not.  Not biggie.

Is there a way to allow users to switch between the day & night modes?  There is a style switcher option for the colour themes, but not the day or night mode which would be fantastic as well.

Any tips would be appreciated!

rocknroller

hi,

Thank you.  :)
There is no option for switching day&night mod for regular members only admin can set it in admin panel.
Avatar is not predicted to be in header on this theme.

We are also doing custom paid works and we can do all kinda stuff, look on our official site.

LogoOff Team

This theme has been updated.

melanie1986

we have just installed the Nova theme and it is great. But some of our members have issues with screen widths, I asked at Dream Portal and this was his answer http://www.sf-planet.com/lw2/index.php

OK, let me explain.

People have different screen resolutions. You can see the current statistic's here: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_display.asp

As you can see, roughly 9% of your visitors will have a resolution of 1024x768. Meaning if your site is wider than 980px(account for the width of the scrollbar), they will end up with a horizontal scrollbar(at the bottom). This makes it hard for user's navigate and read content on the site, because they have to scroll vertically and horizontally.

For a theme like the one you are using, it does not reduce in width, even if you decrease the size of the header image. I have looked at it already. For some reason, your theme is gets pushed off to the right when you reduce the wrapper size. For example, go into your "admin > current theme > forum width", change 90% to 960px. See how it creates a scrollbar at the bottom, as well as being pushed off to the right? This is what your visitors with low resolution screens are seeing.

Advertisement: