News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SgtMic

Quote from: Skhilled on January 20, 2008, 07:12:00 AM
You do not need vps or dedicated to run the arcade. 1000's of users run the arcade with shared (including myself) with no problems. Here is the zlib site: http://www.zlib.net/

Your host does not want to install zlib for some reason or another. This will also cause problems with other mods that are compressed. I'd ask why they do not wish to do this install another library that will use compressed files which are very common for websites.

I realize I don't need those options to run the Arcade. It is just my host won't run zlib because of this:

Note that we cannot recompile the php on this server because it will effect all the accounts on the server which we cannot allow. The new settings may cause large number of the websites on this server to malfunctions.
There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

rider

QuoteNote that we cannot recompile the php on this server because it will effect all the accounts on the server which we cannot allow. The new settings may cause large number of the websites on this server to malfunctions.
can you unzip the games put them in the games directory unzipped?

SgtMic

I can do that via ftp.
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

clanny

After i download the aracade file it says the file has been currupted so i can't open it.
Do you know why? or can i get the working arcade file from someone emailed to [email protected]

Thanks.

rider

Quote from: clanny on January 23, 2008, 12:55:29 AM
After i download the aracade file it says the file has been currupted so i can't open it.
Do you know why? or can i get the working arcade file from someone emailed to [email protected]

Thanks.
Click the link in my sig and d/l a copy from there and try it.

clanny

Quote from: rider on January 23, 2008, 01:04:44 AM

Thanks.

Hello,
Thanks yeah, but it says

SMFArcade 1.3.2
106 Kb
This version is 1.3.1 just updated to work with SMF 1.1 and 1.1.1. This is Niko's last 1.x version.

This only works for sm f1.1 and 1.1.1 and thats the only version created by niko in there.
Don't look like there any arcade mod for 1.1.4

rider

Quote from: clanny on January 23, 2008, 10:00:11 AM
Quote from: rider on January 23, 2008, 01:04:44 AM

Thanks.

Hello,
Thanks yeah, but it says

SMFArcade 1.3.2
106 Kb
This version is 1.3.1 just updated to work with SMF 1.1 and 1.1.1. This is Niko's last 1.x version.

This only works for sm f1.1 and 1.1.1 and thats the only version created by niko in there.
Don't look like there any arcade mod for 1.1.4
You just didn't bother to look did you.If you had looked at SMFArcade 2.0 in the downloads you would have found this.http://www.smfarcade.info/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item141

clanny

Hello,
Oh i just figure out that I couldn't see what you told me to do in guest. All this time i saw it in guest until the link you just gave me above said i can't view it so i register and i click on "downloads" it shows stuff.

Thanks so the newest version for 1.1.4 is 2.0.12 instead of 2.0.11 which is in the simplemachines.org modfication system at http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=36

rider

Quote from: clanny on January 23, 2008, 10:47:17 AM
Hello,
Oh i just figure out that I couldn't see what you told me to do in guest. All this time i saw it in guest until the link you just gave me above said i can't view it so i register and i click on "downloads" it shows stuff.

Thanks so the newest version for 1.1.4 is 2.0.12 instead of 2.0.11 which is in the simplemachines.org modfication system at http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=36
The mod version here needs to be updated.So you know incase you have any trouble.the site I sent you too is the offical support site for the arcade.There you can get games for it and all the support you'll need.Sorry if I came across as rude.I got my coffee now so I'm better.lol.

clanny

Oh nono.
Wasn't rude at all, you helped me, i should thank you so much for that lol.

So when i installed the arcade mod it doesn't have any default games or anything at 1st i need to install them at the offical arcade site for them right? are the games hard to install , its like a mod too right?

SgtMic

Rider, is there a way to turn off the messaging when your high score gets beat by someone else?
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

rider

Quote from: SgtMic on January 23, 2008, 11:27:18 AM
Rider, is there a way to turn off the messaging when your high score gets beat by someone else?
Yes there is.Profile>personal messages option>uncheck the box pretaining to Send a PM when your highscore is beaten?

rider

Quote from: clanny on January 23, 2008, 11:18:24 AM
Oh nono.
Wasn't rude at all, you helped me, i should thank you so much for that lol.

So when i installed the arcade mod it doesn't have any default games or anything at 1st i need to install them at the offical arcade site for them right? are the games hard to install , its like a mod too right?
No.Download the gamepacks from smfarcade to your pc.Then goto admin>games.install and use the zipfile upload option.Another way to install the games is to upload the gamepacks directly to your games directory via FTP or Cpanel.

clanny

The 1st way to install the game

Download the gamepacks from smfarcade to your pc.Then goto admin>games.install and use the zipfile upload

I don't need to edit any of the files or parser any of them right? since its game file, and its for my custom theme

SgtMic

Quote from: rider on January 23, 2008, 11:33:22 AM
Yes there is.Profile>personal messages option>uncheck the box pretaining to Send a PM when your highscore is beaten?

Don't have that option. I'm using Version 2.0.11
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

rider

Quote from: clanny on January 23, 2008, 11:47:48 AM
The 1st way to install the game

Download the gamepacks from smfarcade to your pc.Then goto admin>games.install and use the zipfile upload

I don't need to edit any of the files or parser any of them right? since its game file, and its for my custom theme

There's no need to edit anything when installing that games.It doesn't matter what theme you use when installing games that only makes a difference whn installing mods.Then you should be using the default theme for that.

rider

Quote from: SgtMic on January 23, 2008, 11:56:12 AM
Quote from: rider on January 23, 2008, 11:33:22 AM

Don't have that option. I'm using Version 2.0.11
That option is with every version.Another place you can look is in admin>arcade settings and see if the option to enable pms is there.Can you post a link to your site.I know you've had some problems so its time to fix them.

SgtMic

Checked there also. No go.

http://www.thesquadbay.com/forums/index.php

Check your PM for user and pass. This is a closed forum.
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

clanny

Hello,
i have installed the smf arcade mod 2.0.12 into my 1.1.4 smf forum , everything is working but not showing in the menu.
its showing in my default theme but not in my custom theme and i edited these files below in my custom theme.

can anyone help?

I've edited

$themes_dir/default/index.template.php
$themes_dir/default/languages/Modifications.english.php
$themes_dir/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php

Oldiesmann

if($context['allow_arcade'])
echo ($current_action=='arcade' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '' : '' , '
<li class="' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? 'current' : '' , '"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=arcade">Arcade</a></li>';
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: