New package update will not install

Started by cerbopoli, December 23, 2011, 04:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cerbopoli

I have run the 2.0.2 patch and the file downloads correctly, but when I attempt to Install Mod I get this error: You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

Yet all of my appropriate folders are set Writable (777).  Any ideas how I can remedy this?  I have had problems with installing other mods in the past on this server and needed to install them on a separate server and then move them to this one, but that is a pain in the a$$.  Any ideas what could be causing this issue on the server?  I have 11 forums to upgrade on the same server and I hate the idea of having to move each to a different server, install the upgrade and then move back over.  Is there a manual install I can do instead of running the patch, or a setting that I can change on the server that might be causing the issue?  Might be quicker :)

kat

Two things to try:

1) Upload the file http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/downloads/smf_patch_2.0.2.tar.gz using FTP, into your Packages directory and go to Package Manager to apply it.

2) Dearchive the tar/gz file and rearchive it to a zip.

2) worked for me.

cerbopoli

Those tips did not resolve the issue, but trying to upload a zip file did lead to an error that lead me to a possible solution. 

For some reason, I did not have a temp folder in the Packages folder.  I created one then chmod 777 and then it appears I was able to install the patch, however, when I go back to the Package Manager is still shows the link to upload the new patch and on the main Admin panel it still shows that I am using 2.0.1.  So clearly, that fix did not work either.  This is very similar to the issue that I have had with all Mods I have tried to install.  I am sure it is a server issue, but not knowing what to look for, I have no way to remedy the issue and since this is a company server, I cannot just go to a different ISP.   

Please help.

Illori

in the admin panel go to scheduled tasks find the Fetch Simple Machines Files task check run now and click run now. the patch should have installed fine unless your files are not writable as well.

cerbopoli

I tried this and still see this when I go to the Admin page:

Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0.1
Current SMF version: SMF 2.0.2
(more detailed)

The files are set to be writable.  The Package directory has permissions of 777 and the index.php does as well.  When I view the root directory I notice that index.php has not been modified, but there is an index.php~ which has today's date as the modification date.  subscriptions.php is the same, there is a subscriptions/php~ that was modified today, but the file without the tilda following was not modified.

Can I replace those two files with the content from the files with the tilda following?

Illori

are the files in the Sources folder writable? i would think they are not.

cerbopoli

OK, that worked.  I needed to change the permissions of files inside of the Sources folder as well.  Thank you.

k4c

Trying to update with the patch but getting an error.   Replace   ./Sources/Load.php   Test failed

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

SMF Ver. 2.0.1

TinyPortal    1.098

Are there a manual install instructions?

Illori

please open a separate thread for your issue this thread belongs to someone else and is marked solved. also there is a parse on the mod site under upgrades

Advertisement: