News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

WoW - World of Warcraft Tooltips

Started by Garou, March 28, 2009, 04:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stfox100

This may have nothing at all to do with it but, my servers recently updated to PHP3. At which time some of my clients mods quit working. So I rolled back a version. Might be worth a try. But I can't keep running the older version for too long.

bigguy_132

Managed to get everything working. It took some fighting uninstalling, reinstalling, modifying but by God it works. Please ignore my post! Thanks!

Night09

Quote from: stfox100 on September 13, 2010, 06:03:05 PM
This may have nothing at all to do with it but, my servers recently updated to PHP3. At which time some of my clients mods quit working. So I rolled back a version. Might be worth a try. But I can't keep running the older version for too long.

PHP3 ? Please tell me thats a typo lol.

Its not the software old its your PHP if its not a typo,PHP is at version 5.3.3 now iirc.

AllanD

need some help here and please understand i'm not good with codes lol

I installed this mod and put everything where it says to put and the text doesn't change color to match the item level. the only hover that works is
[wow]http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30987[/wow]

it i just add an item number or the name of item all it does is make a link that goes to an error message.

here is a link to the site so you can check out the error message   Link

the only thing i think could be wrong is where i added the code in the /index.template.php  i'll post where i put it at for ya.

thanks for the all the help
oh using a custom theme Darkbreak
// The main sub template above the content.
function template_html_above()
{
   global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings;

// Show right to left and the character set for ease of translating.
   echo '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"', $context['right_to_left'] ? ' dir="rtl"' : '', '>
<head>
   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=', $context['character_set'], '" />
   <meta name="description" content="', $context['page_title_html_safe'], '" />', !empty($context['meta_keywords']) ? '
   <meta name="keywords" content="' . $context['meta_keywords'] . '" />' : '', '
   <title>', $context['page_title_html_safe'], '</title>';

// Please don't index these Mr Robot.
   if (!empty($context['robot_no_index']))
      echo '
   <meta name="robots" content="noindex" />';

// Present a canonical url for search engines to prevent duplicate content in their indices.
   if (!empty($context['canonical_url']))
      echo '
   <link rel="canonical" href="', $context['canonical_url'], '" />';

// The ?rc3 part of this link is just here to make sure browsers don't cache it wrongly.
   echo '
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/index', $context['theme_variant'], '.css?rc3" />
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/css/print.css?rc3" media="print" />';

// Show all the relative links, such as help, search, contents, and the like.
   echo '
   <link rel="help" href="', $scripturl, '?action=help" />
   <link rel="search" href="', $scripturl, '?action=search" />
   <link rel="contents" href="', $scripturl, '" />';

// If RSS feeds are enabled, advertise the presence of one.
   if (!empty($modSettings['xmlnews_enable']) && (!empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) || $context['user']['is_logged']))
      echo '
   <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="', $context['forum_name_html_safe'], ' - ', $txt['rss'], '" href="', $scripturl, '?type=rss;action=.xml" />';

// If we're viewing a topic, these should be the previous and next topics, respectively.
   if (!empty($context['current_topic']))
      echo '
   <link rel="prev" href="', $scripturl, '?topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.0;prev_next=prev" />
   <link rel="next" href="', $scripturl, '?topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.0;prev_next=next" />';

// If we're in a board, or a topic for that matter, the index will be the board's index.
   if (!empty($context['current_board']))
      echo '
   <link rel="index" href="', $scripturl, '?board=', $context['current_board'], '.0" />';

// Some browsers need an extra stylesheet due to bugs/compatibility issues.
   foreach (array('ie7', 'ie6', 'webkit') as $cssfix)
      if ($context['browser']['is_' . $cssfix])
         echo '
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/css/', $cssfix, '.css" />';

// RTL languages require an additional stylesheet.
   if ($context['right_to_left'])
      echo '
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/rtl.css" />';

echo '
   <script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/scripts/script.js?rc3"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['theme_url'], '/scripts/theme.js?rc3"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
      var smf_theme_url = "', $settings['theme_url'], '";
      var smf_default_theme_url = "', $settings['default_theme_url'], '";
      var smf_images_url = "', $settings['images_url'], '";
      var smf_scripturl = "', $scripturl, '";
      var smf_iso_case_folding = ', $context['server']['iso_case_folding'] ? 'true' : 'false', ';
      var smf_charset = "', $context['character_set'], '";', $context['show_pm_popup'] ? '
      var fPmPopup = function ()
      {
         if (confirm("' . $txt['show_personal_messages'] . '"))
            window.open(smf_prepareScriptUrl(smf_scripturl) + "action=pm");
      }
      addLoadEvent(fPmPopup);' : '', '
      var ajax_notification_text = "', $txt['ajax_in_progress'], '";
      var ajax_notification_cancel_text = "', $txt['modify_cancel'], '";
   // ]]></script>';

// Output any remaining HTML headers. (from mods, maybe?)
   echo $context['html_headers'];

<script src="http://www.wowhead.com/widgets/power.js"></script>
<script src="wow/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>
<script src="wow/wowhead_linker.js"></script></script>

echo '
</head>
<body>';
}

Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

AllanD

just wondering if anyone could help with this
KnD Hosting

stfox100

Quote from: nightbre on September 15, 2010, 07:48:46 PM
Quote from: stfox100 on September 13, 2010, 06:03:05 PM
Yes, that is what I meant, 5.3.3. I just shortened it assuming everyone would know it was the 5.x.x series.

Its not the software old its your PHP if its not a typo,PHP is at version 5.3.3 now iirc.

Night09

QuoteYes, that is what I meant, 5.3.3. I just shortened it assuming everyone would know it was the 5.x.x series.

Sorry for not realising you shorened it, It just seemed like you said it was 3.0.0 ish. ;)

stfox100

Quote from: nightbre on October 24, 2010, 05:35:28 PM
QuoteYes, that is what I meant, 5.3.3. I just shortened it assuming everyone would know it was the 5.x.x series.

Sorry for not realising you shorened it, It just seemed like you said it was 3.0.0 ish. ;)
I don't even know how long ago that was .... LOL   ;D

AllanD

is anyone able to help out with my problem.
KnD Hosting

Aoife

Quote from: CrazieGrafix on October 30, 2010, 11:57:34 AM
is anyone able to help out with my problem.

I'm not sure if I can help or not, but it sounds like you're having the same issue we were having on our forums. I spent several hours trying different things to get the dang mouseovers to work. I ended up putting the wow folder in every directory that could possibly be referenced:  root directory for the main domain, root directory for the specific domain, and then the forum and relevant subdirectories of the forum.  I also went to WoWHead and made sure the scripts were all up-to-date and put all relevant scripts in the Themes/..../scripts  folders.

I hope this helps you somehow.

AllanD

thank you very much i will try this
KnD Hosting

Navox

Using SMF 1.1.12

I was looking for an alternative to wowitemstats since its no longer supported.

I installed World of Warcraft Tooltips and I ran into an issue.

Here is a link to the website's dev site where I am trying to troubleshoot the issue before I push it out to the live site.

hxxp:www.controlthechaos.net/dev/ [nonactive]

Notice how the link inside the [wow] [/wow] shows the item but when you hover over it nothing happens. When you click on it you receive an error.

The regular html link works fine.

Garou

Quote from: Garou on March 28, 2009, 04:31:05 AM
Known Issues:
For some users, if your forum is not in the root directory for your website this mod may not work correctly. Copying the wow folder found in yoursite.com/yourforum/wow to yoursite.com/wow will fix this in many cases.

Some hosts for security reasons will require you to set the file permissions (chmod) for the wow folder and the files within to 644 or rw-r-r.

Having Search Engine Friendly URLs turned on can cause the mod to fail.

Many web-hosts are using a utility known as ModSecurity to help protect the sites they host from hackers. Unfortunately ModSecurity is made overly secure and often can create false positives for many web programs including this one. You have have to contact your host and have them read http://blog.modsecurity.org/2007/02/handling-false.html. It will help them to create a personal rule for ModSecurity that recognizes the files in the wow folder as safe.

Looking at your site it is most likely either a permissions problem or mod_security. Try playing around with your permissions on the wow folder and the files within. Some host require them to be either 644 or 655. If that doesn't work its probably an issue with mod_security, you'll have to talk to your host on that as I cant find a way around a couple of the custom rules that some hosts choose to use for that.

Navox

Tried the above troubleshooting step with changing the permissions on the website and still no go.  Anybody else successfully get this working with 1.1.12?

stfox100

Check the last option, that Garou suggested. It's most likely an issue with mod-security, in which case you'll have to convince your host to disable a certain rule for your account.

Navox

Thanks do 10001110101 for the suggestion on editing the Subs.php and finding href="wow/wowhead_wrapper.php?item=$1" and changing it to href="../wow/wowhead_wrapper.php?item=$1". That fixed it for me.

now. maybe an easier question, anyway to change the background color of the wowhead links?

<a class="wowhead q3" href="hxxp:www.wowhead.com/item=52204 [nonactive]" style="background-color: rgb(48, 48, 48);">[Adept Ember Topaz]</a>

Again.. from my website. you can see the links and the background color is 48 48 48. Id like to make it transparent or just black.

Thanks!

found the solution in this thread... thanks gang

Snuffsis

I'm having the problem everyone else seems to have, the links won't work.
When i click the wow button or [wow]Elementium Deathplate[/wow] it only shows as gray and there is no tooltip and the url is weird. if i however open the link in a new tab it looks like this:
359359Epicinv_chest_plate_raidwarrior_i_01Chesthttp://www.wowhead.com/item=55060
And alot of other ******, basically the tooltip information with all the coding and the stats of the items appears like code on a blank tab.

It does however work with the normal way of linking just the wowhead link and naming it.
But how do i fix the easy way?
libcurl is installed on the server so it should work.
might this have something with me running 2.0 RC4 on the site, since it says it's not supported?

Garou

The mod works fine on the current versions of SMF and should work with all future versions of SMF provided that they don't do anything weird.  I haven't bothered to change it on the downloads page or update the content of the mod because I haven't had to change any code in the mod.

There is never an easy fix for this mod as not all websites work the same. It depends on what software the host is running. Read the first post as most the most common issues people have with the mod are listed there.

SunKing posted a fix he found at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=301619.msg2148803#msg2148803. However that doesn't work for all sites either.

Through trial and error this mod can be made to work provided you dont have a host that is using mod_security.

HellSpawnCometh

Ok... so I am trying to get your MOD working on the WoW-DK custom Theme in SMF 1.1.12...

I'm not sure if libcurl is available, but from what I see in the php config for my host, fopen should work fine if it's not.

Open the themes /languages/Modifications.english.php
and add...
$txt['wow'] = 'WoW Tooltip';>
before...
</?>

In the Modifications.english.php file for WoW-DK, I could not find </?> anywhere in the file... I saw in one of your other posts that all this does is give the tool-tip when you mouse-over the BBCode button, which I'm not really all that worried about... But if you get around to taking a look at this particular theme if you could figure out where I should put this code I would appreciate it... I tried putting it in right before the "?>? at the end of the file, but that actually broke the theme. I had to replace the file with an original copy to get it working again.

The bigger problem I am having is that when I use the BBCode links, The item name shows up in green regardless of item rarity, the tooltip does not show up, and clicking the linked item brings me to an error page that says the following (Note: I changed the URL)

XML Parsing Error: junk after document element
Location: http://web.address.net/wow/wowhead_wrapper.php?item=Healing%20Potion
Line Number 3, Column 1:<script type="text/javascript" src="http://analytics.hosting24.com/count.php"></script>
^

The tooltips work fine if I simply use a direct link to wowhead such as:
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=76464 or [url=http://www.wowhead.com/spell=76464]Item[/url]

I've tried reading through the myriad posts in this thread, but have not found anything that is helping me to find a solution for this.

Any ideas on how I can figure out if mod_security is enabled on my host? I didn't see anything about it in the php info I was able to look at... Would that even be the problem?

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated...

Garou

Typos on my part and looks like one in your file as well. Every php document should end with  ?> it designates that its the end of the php code. Just before that add $txt['wow'] = 'WoW Tooltip';

However that is not your problem. The bit about analytics shouldn't be there, did you add it into the scripts someplace?

Advertisement: