RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scimmiotto

i dunno why it doesn't work on my forum...i've made the following:

i've created a newsbot giving it administrator group

i've inserted the edilio feed (what link do u use for edilio?), and enabled html on his feed

but it doen's work....

p.s. i've encountered worng caracters as in your post...is there any way to fix this at least? tnx for your support.
Loop code example:
The following statement is FALSE
The previous statement is TRUE.

LP

Quote from: scimmiotto on December 15, 2009, 04:33:59 PM
i dunno why it doesn't work on my forum...i've made the following:

i've created a newsbot giving it administrator group

i've inserted the edilio feed (what link do u use for edilio?), and enabled html on his feed

but it doen's work....

p.s. i've encountered worng caracters as in your post...is there any way to fix this at least? tnx for your support.

Have you enabled basic HTML in posts (Admin > Forum > Posts and Topics > Bulletin Board Code) ?  And made sure the "html" tag is enabled in the checklist below?

I made some more changes to the Subs-RSS.php and Subs-RSS2.php files to help with bad characters for my forum.  See if they help any on yours.

EDIT:  This is the link I used for Edilio:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/edilio

SAFAD

Thx Vbgamer
But
This Grabs Only A Title And A Link To Source
I Wana Grab Full Article
What Shoul I DO ?
Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer @ Electron Inc.

nitroglicerino

In my case all the feed I'm getting is summarized, instead being complete. The feed comes from a wordpress based blog, and all the options there are turned to "feed complete" instead of summarized.

Which could be the problem?

vbgamer45

This mod only fetches the title and description and link from the post
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

nitroglicerino

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 17, 2009, 08:59:26 AM
This mod only fetches the title and description and link from the post

Is there a mod that fetches the same way this does, but the complete post?

vbgamer45

Complete post would be hard to do. You would have to new another request then parse the page and that would be custom for each feed/page
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Have recently upgraded from SMF 1.1.11 to 2.0 RC2 and have reinstalled several mods that are supposedly compatible with 2.0 RC2...

Have reinstalled new version of RSS Feed Poster, but am very confused as to why the cron daemon would report this error in the email it sends me at each run (hourly), why it would attempt to execute Sources/twitter.php is beyond me, twitter.php has a seperate compatibility issue that I will be taking up with it's author after I finish this post...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

vbgamer45

Make sure you are passing it to cronrss2.php in the cron
Twitter mod might be injecting into the files used for SMF but I would check the cron job is pointed to the smf2 version

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Mark Walter

Howdy,

I've been trying to use this mod as well in SMF 1.1.11.  I'm also having the html code issue.  http://dragstory.com/forum/index.php/board,15.0.html 

Is there anything I can do to fix this?  I've got the html enabled and I'm the poster and forum admin.

Thanks,
Mark

LP

Quote from: Mark Walter on December 19, 2009, 11:01:57 AM
Howdy,

I've been trying to use this mod as well in SMF 1.1.11.  I'm also having the html code issue.  http://dragstory.com/forum/index.php/board,15.0.html 

Is there anything I can do to fix this?  I've got the html enabled and I'm the poster and forum admin.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark,

Make backup copies of the Subs-RSS.php and Subs-RSS2.php files in your Source directory and then try the attached versions instead.  I have gotten HTML working and cleaned up some of the special characters for my forum and it might work on yours as well.  You may need to clear your file cache after uploading the new versions before it will work properly.

Mark Walter

vbgamer45

You would use Subs-RSS.php for SMF 1.1.x

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Mark Walter

Ok...still no change, or do have have to wait for a new feed to post to see if it worked?

vbgamer45

Yeah you would need to wait for a new feed.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Mark Walter

OK, anyway to force it or do I need to be patient?  :o

mghq

Is there a way to make it not link to the feed page, i just need it to post when i update twitter and i do not need a link to go to my twitter page

LP

Quote from: Mark Walter on December 19, 2009, 04:29:15 PM
OK, anyway to force it or do I need to be patient?  :o

You could delete the entries in the feedbot_log table in your database, then hit the chronrss page.  It will make new posts that duplicate your old feed posts, but they will (hopefully) be fixed.

Mark Walter

Are you talking about the button on the setup page?

Mark Walter

Update, when I try to run croncss.php, I get the following error: Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /hsphere/local/home/j-angel2/dragstory.com/forum/Sources/Subs-RSS.php on line 266

Advertisement: