RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaXiForum.cz

Ou yes :)
Thank you ;)

vbgamer45 help me please...

vbgamer45

I don't think I can don't know enough about utf8 issues and I think it is an issue with the xml parsing function in php has to have the right character set defined. I have it set up as one of the ISO standard ones.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

MoreBloodWine

Hey VB, did you get that condensed bug PM I sent you the other day ? I suppose I could have sent this question via PM but I don't wana fill up your inbox ne more than I already have heh.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

MaXiForum.cz

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 27, 2010, 06:47:55 PM
I don't think I can don't know enough about utf8 issues and I think it is an issue with the xml parsing function in php has to have the right character set defined. I have it set up as one of the ISO standard ones.

Hmm :(

MaXiForum.cz

I tried RSS Feed Poster on all czech servers what I know and the same end...
Czech characters are not supported :(

vbgamer45 check this for example there:
http://www.stahuj.centrum.cz/direct/rss/stahuj-novinky-hry_a_zabava.xml
(big company)

An0nymousHelper

Can someone please help me! I really need too get this working but for some reason i get this error :(

Table 'an01033408395132.smf_feedbot' doesn't exist
File: /home/content/a/n/0/an0nymoushelp/html/forums/Sources/FeedPoster.php
Line: 57

Thanks in advance!!

vbgamer45

You have to install the database tables run the install script in the root directory of your forum.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

An0nymousHelper

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 30, 2010, 05:43:04 PM
You have to install the database tables run the install script in the root directory of your forum.
I'm sorry i'm fairly new too this. Could you please explain a bit more on how to do this.
I've read this http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402 and searched for a long time on this but i can't find anything. I no it's not hard but i am just very confused, i really don't want too screw anything els up. Any help and i would appreciate it lots! Thanks.

EDIT: Figured It out..

MaXiForum.cz

Quote from: MaXiForum.cz on December 28, 2010, 11:16:20 AM
I tried RSS Feed Poster on all czech servers what I know and the same end...
Czech characters are not supported :(

vbgamer45 check this for example there:
http://www.stahuj.centrum.cz/direct/rss/stahuj-novinky-hry_a_zabava.xml
(big company)

vbgamer45 UP
Check it ...
Thank you

abraamz

@ MaXiForum.cz
i dont know about your language but we have problems with characters in greek too. So one thing i found out is that all data should always be treated like utf8 or like iso in all files. One different setting and everything is messed up.
So maybe you can change in this mod the settings "ISO-8859-1" to "UTF-8" or "utf8" and see what happens
you can find  that in file         Subs-RSS.php (1 hits)    Line 208:       $xml_parser = xml_parser_create("ISO-8859-1");
and in file                              Subs-RSS2.php (1 hits)     Line 207:         $xml_parser = xml_parser_create("ISO-8859-1");

I am no expert but that might help (maybe editing just one of those files would be enough, not sure)

MaXiForum.cz

Very nice man!
UTF-8 works!!!
Thank you! :)

boutiqueshops

I'm getting the following error on my SMF 2.0RC4 forum when trying to add another feed:

XML error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2587

I have quite a  few feeds from the same domain ~ all of them working.  Just can't add these two I have.

1.  Is there a limit to how many feeds we can add?

2.  They are set to use fake cron job & update every 30 minutes.  Is this too much for the mod with 14 feeds already added?

If there were a problem with the feed itself, all the feeds  would fail.  They all come from the same place. 

Any insight?

Thanks for your help & a great mod,
Sylvia

An0nymousHelper

i need too add about 5 feeds but only one of my feeds worked and all the rest gives me this error

XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1

any help is well appreciated!

Thanks

vbgamer45

That error can't be fixed that means feed is not well formed for system to pick it up.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

There is no way to figure it out you have to test and see if error or not.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

An0nymousHelper

hmm well i just added my final feed to it when it then it refreshed the page and now this happened! http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=415566.0

What can i do to get my forum back i need it up asap! Please please help me..

EDIT: Thankfully after hours of work Bigguy fixed the issue for me :) you should really fix this problem before it happens to anyone els though. Because i really don't want to install it if this is going to happen again.

xseaplus

Facebook Feeder is reading and writing my feeds but this RSS Feed Poster does not...

XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 8

Any solution?

rakicko

can with this mod..see a full post(i think that i use rss feed from other type of forums)..and without a link to it?

vbgamer45

This mod does not fetch full post.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Saftek

I'm getting html codes in the feed posts. Anyway to correct this? Using administrator user as poster, have html (2.0rc4) turned on in bbc config.

Advertisement: