RSS Feed Poster

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 11, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

distante

ebinum1983

i have used this mod and i set up 2 feeds and thats it it wont let me setup any more feeds keeps coming up with an error on different lines

vbgamer45

Depending on the error might be caused by the feed itself.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

tacticalguy

Okay, I just had the automatic update to 2.0.3 done over the Christmas holiday, Since then, my RSS Feed poster stop working. When I go into the package manager to re-install it, I get this, "You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!"
I have all of my permissions set to write. I went into my FTP manager and checked those permissions for the RSS and it shows that it's set to read and write. I don't have it inheriting any permissions, though. Ideas?

gregm99

This mod is great, but is there a way to make it fetch contents of the "permalink" instead of only displaying the rss exerpt in the post?

IchBin™

It's an RSS feed poster. So it posts only what is in the RSS feed. If you want anything else you'll have to get something coded to work for you.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

ivansgarage

I have tried to install this and even changed to emulate version 2.0.2  this is the errors it comes up with.
After unzipping the files, I ftp the hole folder to the packages folder and then use SMF package installer.

Any suggestions?????    Yes I did the upgrade on SMF  2.0.3 still shows 2.0.2 database

Ivan

http://ivanbennett.com/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install2;package=rssfeedposter;pid=0Database [nofollow] Error: SQL logic error or missing database
near "NOT": syntax errorFile: /home/content/i/v/a/ivanb/html/forum/Packages/temp/FeedPostersql2.php
Line: 33

QL logic error or missing database
near "NOT": syntax error
File: /home/content/i/v/a/ivanb/html/forum/Packages/temp/FeedPostersql2.php

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.3, while your database is at version 2.0.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Kindred

why are you unzipping and using ftp?

keep the package zipped and use the package uploader in the package manager
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ivansgarage

Quote from: Kindred on January 01, 2013, 07:29:40 AM
why are you unzipping and using ftp?

keep the package zipped and use the package uploader in the package manager

Ok I will try that.

ivansgarage

Still the same..

1.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php   Test successful
2.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php   Skipping file
   3.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/languages/ManageScheduledTasks.english.php   Test successful
   4.   Execute Modification   ./index.php   Test successful
   5.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Admin.php   Test successful
   6.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ScheduledTasks.php   Test successful
7.   Extract File   ./Sources/FeedPoster2.php   
8.   Extract File   ./Sources/Subs-RSS2.php   
9.   Extract File   ./cronrss.php   
10.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/FeedPoster2.template.php   
11.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/languages/FeedPoster.english.php   
12.   Extract File   ./Themes/default/languages/FeedPoster.english-utf8.php   
13.   Execute Code   FeedPostersql2.php

SQL logic error or missing database
near "NOT": syntax error
File: /home/content/i/v/a/ivanb/html/forum/Packages/temp/FeedPostersql2.php

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.3, while your database is at version 2.0.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ivansgarage

ivansgarage

Any ideas guys?  that was one of the mods I really needed on my forum.
so I can get EVDL news.

Thanks  Ivan

http://ivanbennett.com/forum [nofollow]

vbgamer45

At this time the mod only supports MySQL and not sql lite.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ivansgarage

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 02, 2013, 10:54:35 AM
At this time the mod only supports MySQL and not sql lite.

Is it possible to change SQL lite to  MySQL  doesn't that have to do with
my provider  godaddy.com  ??????? I don't know enough about this...

Ivan

vbgamer45

Maybe ask in the general support area for SMF.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bangrim

Hi,

at the moment we have some problems with the mod.

80% of the posts are normal, but 20% are empty.

You can see which feed he tried to get, but no title, no text, no link..nothing...and i don't know what i can do to fix it...

Pictures:

It's not limited to one feed, i think every feed had a few empty posts now...some more others less...

I'm using a Cron Job to update the feeds ( curl ) ...

popxunga

Quote from: graaywolf on June 10, 2012, 04:55:12 PM
Quote from: chuck23322 on June 09, 2012, 01:23:10 PM
Quote from: graaywolf on June 09, 2012, 12:04:09 PM
The mod is working fine except it don't post the latest feed it only posts the second to the last post from the sites... How would i configure it to post the latest post from the other sites?

{Make sure, first, that you are saying in the feed config, that you want more than 1 post to be pulled each time...  The system will not double-post -- it keeps a MD5 hash in the MySQL table of every post to make sure it doesn't double post -- so even if you say post 10 each time, if 9 of them have been posted before, it will post only the new 1, because there is no MD5 match to previous posts -- all my feeds say pull 15 posts -- I think that's the max}

Did that it's posting 3 at a time... but once it catches up to the second to the last posts it stops, and doesn't post till another post is made then it posts the second to the last on only.

I was able to solve this issue by remarking the following code line in Subs-RSS2.php:

$context['feeditems'] = array_reverse($context['feeditems']);

So now it looks like this:
                  // $context['feeditems'] = array_reverse($context['feeditems']);

Didn't notice any secondary effects from this modification so far.

--------------

However I have a different issue related with à or À character.
Whenever this character exists in the feed text and the feed is html enabled, my post body gets broken and I just see something like this:

[ html ] some text ....

The same character in the post title doesn't break anything.
I've changed this code line too:

//   $xml_parser = xml_parser_create("ISO-8859-1");
                                     $xml_parser = xml_parser_create("UTF-8");

... which does not solve  the à or À character issue but helps to better translate other characters.

lurkalot

Thanks for this great mod, works well apart from it won't show the images from the feed.  Is it supposed to ?

At the moment I'm trying it out on my test site, and the feed I'm using contains images, and they show fine if I view it in a different reader, but when this mod makes a post I get a red X where the image should be. Here's an example http://cctestsite.info/forums/index.php?topic=113.0

It's adding my site address to the beginning of the image url and also adding a ' at the beginning and end of the image address, for some reason.like,

http://cctestsite.info/forums/'http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/m/mONz--7jvc7M_acULwhErSw/140.jpg'

instead of http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/m/mONz--7jvc7M_acULwhErSw/140.jpg

Any ideas on a workaround please?

lurkalot

I'll take that as a no then.  :)  It's a shame though, as this would be ideal if I could get the images working.  :(

Advertisement: