AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

Do ya mean so it shows on the page itself?

stkee

I've tried all means of getting the chat and shoutbox to work on my smf2 RC3 forum. Now I've given up all hope of getting it to work. Unless there is some new upgraded version.
I've tried to install it even on a freshly installed smf, but it still doesn't work properly.
Anyway, thanks for all the help given.

TheListener

Any errors on install?

Which version are you trying to install?

mrtrc266

Quote from: ricorico on April 04, 2010, 05:12:02 AM
My chat and shoutbox both give this error
Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/www/www.site.net/chat/lib/custom.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /directories/public_html/chat/index.php on line 17
i cant find a fix for it, i just checked and unchecked different ones because it wasnt working *newest rc3 curve version*
and then it shows that. I cant even uninstall to re-install because it cuts off the page data it just shows the top menu shoutbox (being blank) and then thats it...
anyone have a URL to uninstall link or anything?
EDIT - Fixed. I just FTP'd and removed the chat * shoutbox folders and re uploaded them. Now they both work, however when i type nothing happens, it goes through but it doesnt show anything on shoutbox or the chat.
also the chat doesnt show online users either.    i tried searching the thread, but it doesnt seem to work right now, can anyone direct me to the answer? im sure its been answered before.

Have you tried the Fixes in the FAQ's?
QuoteHere some known issues and fixes caused by either other Mods or some servers

If you install the Mod and it looks like it installs fine but the shoutbox and chat room are blank please READ THIS

If you get a 500 Connection error you might have to set your file permissions as well.
There are 2 folder for the AJAX Chat Intergration Mod "Chat" and "Shoutbox".
For AJAX Chat Intergration Version 3 be sure to change the file permissions (CHMOD) /chat/index.php and /shoutbox/index.php to 755
This could possible be the solution for this as well.... "If you install the Mod and it looks like it installs fine but the   shoutbox and chat room are blank"

mrtrc266

Quote from: Spark753 on April 04, 2010, 09:03:21 AM
Hey guys can you help. Im running Ajax Chat in RC3 with Simple portal and it works great in the curve theme but in my custom theme (Mystic jade) its just blank and i cant post and iv already CHMOD and .htaccess so can anyone help?

Did you do all the manual edits to your custom theme?

mrtrc266

Quote from: minuway on April 05, 2010, 11:52:31 AM
When i installed this and I successfully installed it but, when i try to chat my chat doenst appear on the chatbox and when i click "chat"on the meno and login after few sec it automatically logouts. im usting 2.0 rc3

Did you read the FAQ's to try and fix your issue?

mrtrc266

Quote from: Saxon044 on April 05, 2010, 05:28:21 PM
Hi Guys,

I have installed this version into SMF 2.0 RC3. It works perfectly, but only for my two admin usernames. All other forum usernames do not get passed through to Chat, and it will not allow manual entry of usernames (even though Guest access is allowed). I just get the Login screen with "Invalid username." below the entry fields and immediately under *Registered Users.

I haven't been able to find this error anywhere on this forum or on SourceForge. Any ideas anyone?

You have your  member group permissions set properly?

mrtrc266

Quote from: stkee on April 05, 2010, 06:25:36 PM
I've tried all means of getting the chat and shoutbox to work on my smf2 RC3 forum. Now I've given up all hope of getting it to work. Unless there is some new upgraded version.
I've tried to install it even on a freshly installed smf, but it still doesn't work properly.
Anyway, thanks for all the help given.

PM me a temp admin account and some FTP details and I'll see what I can do to get this going for you.

NoFeaR / NFSMW

i am trying to put it on the main page. but with no luck.

Spark753

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 05, 2010, 08:59:27 PM
Quote from: Spark753 on April 04, 2010, 09:03:21 AM
Hey guys can you help. Im running Ajax Chat in RC3 with Simple portal and it works great in the curve theme but in my custom theme (Mystic jade) its just blank and i cant post and iv already CHMOD and .htaccess so can anyone help?

Did you do all the manual edits to your custom theme?

Yes i read your FAQ and did the modification to the index.template as stated by the package parser but there was no edit to any style.css??
"Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back."

ricorico

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 05, 2010, 08:57:47 PM
Quote from: ricorico on April 04, 2010, 05:12:02 AM
My chat and shoutbox both give this error
Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/www/www.site.net/chat/lib/custom.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /directories/public_html/chat/index.php on line 17
i cant find a fix for it, i just checked and unchecked different ones because it wasnt working *newest rc3 curve version*
and then it shows that. I cant even uninstall to re-install because it cuts off the page data it just shows the top menu shoutbox (being blank) and then thats it...
anyone have a URL to uninstall link or anything?
EDIT - Fixed. I just FTP'd and removed the chat * shoutbox folders and re uploaded them. Now they both work, however when i type nothing happens, it goes through but it doesnt show anything on shoutbox or the chat.
also the chat doesnt show online users either.    i tried searching the thread, but it doesnt seem to work right now, can anyone direct me to the answer? im sure its been answered before.

Have you tried the Fixes in the FAQ's?
QuoteHere some known issues and fixes caused by either other Mods or some servers

If you install the Mod and it looks like it installs fine but the shoutbox and chat room are blank please READ THIS

If you get a 500 Connection error you might have to set your file permissions as well.
There are 2 folder for the AJAX Chat Intergration Mod "Chat" and "Shoutbox".
For AJAX Chat Intergration Version 3 be sure to change the file permissions (CHMOD) /chat/index.php and /shoutbox/index.php to 755
This could possible be the solution for this as well.... "If you install the Mod and it looks like it installs fine but the   shoutbox and chat room are blank"

yes sir i followed the FAQ, i ended up removing everyhting and doing a brand new clean install and same thing . the shoutbox options are all checked, and the shoutbox just looks like

(                                                               ) -that small no text. and when i click Chat it gives me the error:

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/www/www.sitename.net46.net/chat/lib/custom.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/a2487869/public_html/chat/index.php on line 17

*using 000webhost, only free one i could get that had a lot of space and mysql tc..)

mrtrc266

Quote from: Spark753 on April 06, 2010, 05:00:59 AM
Yes i read your FAQ and did the modification to the index.template as stated by the package parser but there was no edit to any style.css??

AJC Provides it's own .css I have it installed here using your theme and it works fine http://monsters-mansion.com/testsmf2

Kinda weird that it works fine on curve but not mystic Do you have any other theme's installed that you can switch to to see if it's only not working on mystic?

mrtrc266

I noticed you have problems with other Mods as well.

Quote from: ricorico on April 05, 2010, 03:11:49 PM
I cant seem to get this to work, i CHMOD the   required things it asked too:

"this album's directory couldn't be   properly created, please make sure mgal_data/ and mgal_data/albums/ are   chmodded to 0777 or 0755."

im not sure if its my host or   not, i just set up a new thing at 000webhost (anyone have a better   place? I keep getting database connection errors.)

The only way to tell really is try another free hosting service and see if everything you want works there. This is the one I used when I first started and I never had any problems at all. 3 times as much data and twice as much bandwidth that what your current host has.

http://xtreemhost.com/plans/

Post a link to your current site or post it when you get done if you decide to switch hosts.

Saxon044

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 05, 2010, 09:02:29 PM
Quote from: Saxon044 on April 05, 2010, 05:28:21 PM
Hi Guys,

I have installed this version into SMF 2.0 RC3. It works perfectly, but only for my two admin usernames. All other forum usernames do not get passed through to Chat, and it will not allow manual entry of usernames (even though Guest access is allowed). I just get the Login screen with "Invalid username." below the entry fields and immediately under *Registered Users.

I haven't been able to find this error anywhere on this forum or on SourceForge. Any ideas anyone?

You have your  member group permissions set properly?

Oh so simple! I didn't realise an option was added in member permissions. DOH!

Cheers mate  :)

Console Network

Hello all i just installed this Mod on my forum (1.1.11) And i installed with the Package Manager but when i try to test the shoutbox it isnt posting anything then it says this error in the shoutbox (15:26:42) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 0 Help please. Also i am running on 000webhost if that makes a difference?

mrtrc266

Quote from: Console Network on April 06, 2010, 06:29:40 PM
Hello all i just installed this Mod on my forum (1.1.11) And i installed with the Package Manager but when i try to test the shoutbox it isnt posting anything then it says this error in the shoutbox (15:26:42) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 0 Help please. Also i am running on 000webhost if that makes a difference?
Do you have any other Mods installed?

Find these 2 files and change the permissions (CHMOD) them to 755. See if that helps
/chat/index.php
/shoutbox/index.php

TheListener

The error message is harmless.

Have a look at the FAQs in mrtrc266s posts.

TheListener

Console Network

Quote from: mrtrc266 on April 06, 2010, 06:39:07 PM
Quote from: Console Network on April 06, 2010, 06:29:40 PM
Do you have any other Mods installed?

Find these 2 files and change the permissions (CHMOD) them to 755. See if that helps
/chat/index.php
/shoutbox/index.php
Did that nothing happened.  The Mods i have installed are:

1.     SMF Articles      1.0.2      
2.    EzPortal    0.3.9b    
3.    RSS Feed Poster    
4.    RSS Feeder    1.1.4    
5.    AJAX Instant Quick Reply    1.0.3    
6.    AjaxChat Integration    3.2.1    
7.    Hack's Park Shoutbox    2.0.2    
8.    nneonneo's AJAX ShoutBox    1.22    
9.    SimplePortal    2.3.2

mrtrc266

You have 2 other shout boxes installed.

Make sure that you COMPLETELY Uninstall Hack's Park and  nneonneo's.

That should do it, another use had the same problem a few pages back and it was because there were still remnants nneonneo's in the index.template.php file.

Advertisement: