News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF 1.1.13] Membergroup problem

Started by sikkens1997, October 27, 2011, 09:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sikkens1997

Hey, everything worked fine, till now.

I tryed adding a new member to an existing membergroup that worked before! There is another Member in the gorup, it works fine for him. But when I add a new Member to the group, it doesn't show the Crown and they can't use the permissions.

How can I fix this?

Illori

how are you adding the user to the group? in what way can they not use the permissions?

sikkens1997

For example, they can't edit posts which I did give permission to the Membergroup for. Ive tryed all the adding methods. In admin panel, at profile then Forum Settings, nothing works. =/

Illori

if you go to the users profile and click on show permissions does it show any permissions are denied? does it show any permissions given by the user group you are trying to add?

sikkens1997

Matthew K.

I would upgrade to SMF 1.1.15 first of all...

Illori

if it shows the permissions then what exactly is not working?

sikkens1997

Quote from: sikkens1997 on October 27, 2011, 10:33:55 AM
For example, they can't edit posts which I did give permission to the Membergroup for. Ive tryed all the adding methods. In admin panel, at profile then Forum Settings, nothing works. =/

The permissions are not working. She has the permissions, but can't use them. + The crown does not show.

Illori

what permissions are not working? you are not telling us any details, you have not told us EXACTLY how you are adding the user to the group and what you have done.

sikkens1997

Apprearently the commands somehow got removed from Mod....  :o ??? I did see them, because I also have her Jr. Mod so she can use commands. Only problem now, is that the crown does not show.

I use Mod 'Crown'. Crown does work on other member, with the same Membergroup.

THIS IS NOT RIGHT. IM CHECKING IT NOW DOWN REPLY YET PLEASE!

So I looked, it doesn't work for the other Member with same Membergroup. It did work before, wtf I seriously dont get it...  :o

sikkens1997

Solved. If I name the group 'Moderator' it does not work, 'Mod' does work. Weird? o.O

Advertisement: