News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Embed chatGPT x SMF 2.1

Started by Edwar Colt, March 26, 2023, 06:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davo88

I have found chatGPT very useful for creating summaries of long topics. A summary gives new readers the ability to quickly get an overview of a long and complicated thread without having to wade through every post. If the thread contains the material they are seeking, they can then read the topic in full.

Kindred

Except chatgpt makes crap up that wasn't part of the original content. So anything written by ai is suspect (and generally poorly written to boot)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

davo88

That hasn't been my experience. However if your prompts are not well written, you may get unsatisfactory results.  

Kindred

I get unsatisfactory results every time ai dies anything.  Pictures or writing -- its not up to snuff yet, and I (personally) feel that anyone who uses it to write or to draw is either lazy or cheap
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

davo88

I haven't had much experience with image generation yet. But as I learnt to write very specific prompts describing exactly what I was submitting (eg a forum discussion about blah) and exactly how I wanted the it processed (ie summarised), the output improved enormously.

Submitting clean, well laid out text also helps the AI engine understand what it has to process. To generate well laid out text from the forum discussions without URL's, BBcodes, special characters and so forth, I had to export directly from the database and then do quite a bit of processing in Excel. So the text submitted to the AI engine was very clean with the title and author names for each post.

Then specifying the format of the output you require needs to be very precise too. Things like the total number of words you want for the whole summary, for each bullet point, how you want author names handled, the level of language used and so on.

I was working on about 370,000 lines of text spanning 20 years in one batch so the processing was manageable. But there is good potential for a mod to do all this pre-processing on smaller quantities of topics.

gorbi

How to understand that your forum content is being used for ChatGpt training? Maybe by ip?

Arantor

Quote from: gorbi on April 26, 2024, 03:15:09 AMHow to understand that your forum content is being used for ChatGpt training? Maybe by ip?

Look at the user-agent. It'll contain GPTBot if it's the OpenAI main crawler, or ChatGPT-User if it's a ChatGPT-based bot using ChatGPT plugins.

Advertisement: