News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Hide a theme?

Started by Chas Large, December 27, 2013, 07:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chas Large

I'm working an a theme for my forum which I have tested on a local copy but need to test on my live site. However I do not want members to be able to select it. They have the option to select their own theme but I need to hide this one from them for now, until I know it works right. If possible, I'd like Global moderators to select it so I can get their feedback.

Anyone know of a way to hide a theme from users but allow Admins / Global Mods to use it?
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

kat

Hmmm... A "Hide theme from selected member groups" would be a useful mod, methinks.

Kindred

maybe?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1422

I know that I have a mod installed like this (not sure if it is this exact one) because my users only see 2 theme options, despite the fact that I have 6 themes loaded
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

OO! Well spotted, that man!

Illori

admin -> themes and options click show the list of themes uncheck any themes you dont want your users to be able to select. admin of course can use all themes no matter what is selected. of course save the page.

no mod required.

Kindred

that doesn't allow global mods though...  just admins. :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Chas Large

Quote from: Kindred on December 27, 2013, 08:05:51 AM
maybe?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1422

I know that I have a mod installed like this (not sure if it is this exact one) because my users only see 2 theme options, despite the fact that I have 6 themes loaded
Excellent, thanks. Shoulda gone to specsavers (Brit humour !)

Quote from: Illori on December 27, 2013, 08:13:02 AM
admin -> themes and options click show the list of themes uncheck any themes you dont want your users to be able to select. admin of course can use all themes no matter what is selected. of course save the page.

no mod required.
OMG! I missed that but as K@ says, only members affected. Still worth knowing all the same, thanks.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Advertisement: