News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Subscription Payment going to wrong PayPal

Started by emmanova, October 11, 2011, 09:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emmanova

@IchBin - I do appreciate the confidence and the good word your are giving me about Krash. I do appreciate the help he is giving me and that is why I am working with him. And I am more than glad that I found someone that is willing to help me figure it out this. I always try to figure it out things on my own or research but this time i had to post in the forum. I am willing to post as much information I can to help krash help me. if at the end we can figure it out what is the problem this thread will help others.

@Krash - You not only got it correctly you got it exactly at what the problem is. I search the database looking from where is getting those old emails. Even on smf_settings and I couldnt find anything. I will slap my face if now I see it. I look that table like 4 times. But I will do that right now.

emmanova

Quote from: Krash. on October 12, 2011, 02:38:00 PM

Thanks for that paid kind endorsement.  ;)

Ok, if I understand the problem correctly, this is what we have:

- In Admin -> Paid Subscriptions -> Settings the 'Paypal email address' is  ******@xecofl.com.
- When you subscribe, the 'Order' button lands you at the ******@gmail.com account at Paypal.
- Payment is successful, but subscription fails.

Next thing to do is:

- Get into phpmyadmin from your cpanel.
- Load the forum database, and select the smf_settings table.
- Look for paid_email_to and paypal_email fields.  What are the values?
- Search the database for ******@gmail.com.  Make sure you search the entire db, not a selected table (click on the db name at top of page).

Correction. I did search there but not since I didnt find the gmail account I assume that wasnt the right database. OK I found paypal_email and it says xecofl.com and paid_email it says 1. I dont have paid_email_to.

This is the Search Result:

1 match inside table smf_invites
2 matches inside table smf_log_errors
1 match inside table smf_members
2 matches inside table smf_personal_messages
3544 matches inside table smf_messages

emmanova

I was just browsing those tables where the gmail account showed up. And I just though on something. I am the main administrator of the forum and my email is the gmail.com

Do you think the forum is ignoring the email under Paid Subscription and sending the payment to the main admin which is me and is the same gmail account?

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: emmanova on October 12, 2011, 07:16:42 PM
Do you think the forum is ignoring the email under Paid Subscription and sending the payment to the main admin which is me and is the same gmail account?

No, that's not how it works.  Paid Subscriptions should be using the Paypal account that's in Settings.  Just looked through the Treasury mod code, and that's the most likely suspect at this point.  It creates it's own tables, which will not affect subscriptions, but also makes changes to smf_settings.  It does not modify any of the subscriptions scripts.  You have the correct email address in one of the fields in smf_settings, but I'm not sure why the others are different.  Treasury appears to have it's own handler to process Paypal IPNs (ipntreas.php). 

A few more questions:

- Which Paypal account is Treasury using?
- Do you have Paypal IPN enabled?
- What is the notification url?
- Did you have the 1.1.1x subscriptions mod  installed before you upgraded to 2.0?
- Which invitation mod are you running?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

emmanova

Quote from: Krash. on October 12, 2011, 08:55:24 PM
Quote from: emmanova on October 12, 2011, 07:16:42 PM

No, that's not how it works.  Paid Subscriptions should be using the Paypal account that's in Settings.  Just looked through the Treasury mod code, and that's the most likely suspect at this point.  It creates it's own tables, which will not affect subscriptions, but also makes changes to smf_settings.  It does not modify any of the subscriptions scripts.  You have the correct email address in one of the fields in smf_settings, but I'm not sure why the others are different.  Treasury appears to have it's own handler to process Paypal IPNs (ipntreas.php). 

A few more questions:

- Which Paypal account is Treasury using?
- Do you have Paypal IPN enabled?
- What is the notification url?
- Did you have the 1.1.1x subscriptions mod  installed before you upgraded to 2.0?
- Which invitation mod are you running?

What I can try to do is disable the Treasure completely and see if that fix it. Thanks for the answer, thats the only thing I was thinking because other than messages is the only place that has that gmail account. Yes Treasury has is onwn handler and dont even use the return URL so I can use the one for subscriptions.

Treasury is using the xecofl.com PayPal. Members have been paying trough there and it goes to the right PayPal account.
Yes IPN is enable. I do know that Treasury and Subscriptions need the IPN enabled.
The notification URL is the one listed under Subscriptions http://xecofl.com/forum/subscriptions.php
Treasure use its own but i dont know which one. This is what they say in their ReadMe:
"The URL you set here is NOT important as Treasury operates from its own Notify and Return URLs which ignore, and are independent of, your PayPal settings.
• Why? If you already have an IPN setting activated for some other program, it will continue to function for that program.
• Example? If you have already set your IPN URL so that you can use, say, Paid Subscriptions, then you can leave the URL on PayPal as it is, and still use Treasury."

Im sureThe URL you set here is NOT important as Treasury operates from its own Notify and Return URLs which ignore, and are independent of, your PayPal settings.
• Why? If you already have an IPN setting activated for some other program, it will continue to function for that program.
• Example? If you have already set your IPN URL so that you can use, say, Paid Subscriptions, then you can leave the URL on PayPal as it is, and still use Treasury.

I dont remember if I had version 1.1 before I upgrade I think at one point I had to removed it  completly and reinstall it to make it compatible.
I was using an invitation mod but I no longer use it since is not compatible anymore with the latest SMF version, I still went ahead and changed the email to xecofl.com unless I can delete that database section?

I will be leaving on vacation tomorrow so I will not be able to continue troubleshooting this until I come back Tuesday. But you can still help me since I can check on my phone.

Thanks a lot for this time that you are spending to help me resolve this issue.

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Actually, I'd already been there.

Two things are wrong here, separate but related:

1. Your order button is going to a different account than the one configured in settings.  The database value is correct - paypal_email is the Paypal account setting, and Subscriptions-PayPal.php will go there even if it's an invalid account. 

2. Subs are not activating.  Doesn't matter which Paypal account you put in Settings, could be mine, anybody's, and it doesn't matter what the IPN settings are, your subscriptions.php should receive a valid IPN and activate the sub.  This is exactly what the allow_guestAccess bug does, but you're not disallowing guests from browsing forums, so it shouldn't affect you.

First thing to do is upload clean files, straight out of the large upgrade package.  Replace /subscriptions.php, /Sources/Subscriptions-PayPal.php, and /Sources/ManagePaid.php, then check the subscriptions Paypal account setting.

- R. Waters

emmanova

Wow Krash I guess you don't sleep lol. I do appreciate what you are doing. Take a break. When I come back Tuesday ill upload those files. Thanks.

Sir Osis of Liver

Enjoy your vacation.  PM me when you get back, so I'll know to pick this up. 

- R. Waters

emmanova

Quote from: Krash. on October 12, 2011, 11:08:23 PM
Enjoy your vacation.  PM me when you get back, so I'll know to pick this up. 

Thanks. I will :)

emmanova

Ok Im back. Krash again thanks for everything.

OK I was going to see which version of SFM I have and to see if there is any update before I download a package to extract the files you mentioned. I found something interesting and I dont know if it has something to do with it.

When I went to the Admin to check the version I see this:
Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0
Current SMF version: SMF 1.1.15

My current version is 2 but my SMF version is 1? How that happened or this is normal? Then I clicked on Details and I saw this:
SMF File                          Your Version    Current Version
SMF Package             SMF 2.0                  SMF 1.1.15
Sources                           2.0                  1.1.15
Default Templates         2.0                  1.1.12
Language Files               2.0                  1.1.15

Now the version I have is 2.0 but I see there is a security patch 2.0.1 Should I upgrade first to 2.0.1 and then install clean files? Thanks in advance.

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't know where the Current Version info is coming from, but Your Version is correct.  If you haven't done a lot of manual edits, d/l the 2.0.1 large upgrade package and run the upgrade.  You'll have to reinstall mods and themes with 2.0 compatible versions, but that'll clean up your install and make it easier to isolate the problem.  Backup your db in phpmyadmin before you start.

- R. Waters

emmanova

Quote from: Krash. on October 19, 2011, 08:26:20 PM

Don't know where the Current Version info is coming from, but Your Version is correct.  If you haven't done a lot of manual edits, d/l the 2.0.1 large upgrade package and run the upgrade.  You'll have to reinstall mods and themes with 2.0 compatible versions, but that'll clean up your install and make it easier to isolate the problem.  Backup your db in phpmyadmin before you start.

Ok I will work on it

emanuele

You can always download the patch and try to use it before do a large upgrade. ;)

The "current version" comes from smf.org, you may want to refresh the local cache by going to maintenance > scheduled tasks and running the "Fetch Simple Machines Files" task.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't think the patch will tell us anything.  Something is sending the subscribers to the wrong Paypal account, even though the account setting is correct, and the smf_settings field is correct.  It doesn't get that value from anywhere else, so where is the wrong account value coming from?  Need to eliminate the possibility that a file edit was done that hardcodes the old account into the script.  Looks like Subscriptions-Paypal.php sends the subscriber to Paypal, but I don't see the query that retrieves paypal_email, and am not sure which other files are involved.

- R. Waters

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emmanova

OK Large Upgrade Done. Now at least I get the right versions:

SMF File                              Your Version    Current Version
SMF Package                SMF 2.0.1    SMF 2.0.1
Sources                              2.0.1                  2.0.1
Default Templates            2.0                  2.0
Language Files                 2.0                  2.0

Now I just need to wait for a member to renew or register. If that doesnt happen in a week I will create one and do it myself.

Sir Osis of Liver

Do a subscription yourself.  Click the 'Order with Paypal' button and see where it takes you.  You can bail without hitting the 'Pay' button on Paypal.

- R. Waters

emmanova

Quote from: Krash. on October 23, 2011, 12:16:44 AM

Do a subscription yourself.  Click the 'Order with Paypal' button and see where it takes you.  You can bail without hitting the 'Pay' button on Paypal.

Ok I did a subscription myself but I had to continue all the way to the end because even tho it was showing it was going to Xtreme Events it didnt show me the paypal email account so I went a head and pay for it and good news. It activated the account and the money went to the right PayPal. So far the large upgrade fixed whatever was wrong there, now I need to see the old memberships if they follow the same route.

One of the old accounts is coming due now in October 30th. If that pass I can consider this problem fixed :)

Advertisement: