News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ultimate Profile

Started by JovanT, March 12, 2009, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webfan

Hi,
the mod is working, but I cannot upload pictures.
http://www.startforum.de/profiles/webfan-u1.html

When I click on "my pictures" and then when I click on the "add picture" link, nothing happens.
Please help, thanks.

MrDby

Wish the comments area had smilies and bbcodes.

JulesW

comment do support smilies, but you have to know the code for it (like ": )" for :) )

Edit: same holds for bbcode
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17

CerebralJam

That is a really useful tip... thank you... now, about my problem (GRIN).

JulesW

If I would have know the answer to that one, you would have gotten it from me :) unfortunately I have no Idea how to solve that one...
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17

CerebralJam

Heh.  That's okay, I was only teasing... like I said I can get a second media box with duplicate stuff to work, but nowhere can I work out how to make a new second media text field box because I don't know where this information is held :D

Trial and error... but fun!  Someone will know.  I'll keep opening files until I see it.

Paul Cull

Now that RC 2 is out to charter members, has anyone got this mod working with it?

ExWizzard

is enabling html for everyone in the profile safe?

Yağız...

Quote from: Paul Cull on October 05, 2009, 10:17:25 PM
Now that RC 2 is out to charter members, has anyone got this mod working with it?
If JovanT doesn't have time to update, I'll try to update.

foxchild

Quote from: Yağız... on October 07, 2009, 12:38:55 PM

Will there be any chance that the issue with the buddies would be able to get fixed at the same time?

Yağız...

Quote from: foxchild on October 07, 2009, 12:40:28 PM
Quote from: Yağız... on October 07, 2009, 12:38:55 PM

Will there be any chance that the issue with the buddies would be able to get fixed at the same time?
What's the problem? I didn't read the topic for a while :)

foxchild

It was back around here...  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=298641.840

Basically, the buddies aren't showing as being buddies in the online list in the info center nor are they showing in the member list, but they do show in the member profiles.  Apparently it a coding issue, but no one has been able to figure it out.

Any help you could provide would be really appreciated.

TwitchisMental

Okay I finally got someone who knows alot about smf to get this installed.

It works great now,but I can't seem to add a project playlist to my profile :(.

flutter

I have this mod working well on another site.  I've just built a new fprum and am trying to get this to work on there.

I can see he files for it where they are supposed to be but can't get the ultimate profile controls up in the admin area.

The site is version 1..10 and I'm using a custom theme, can you tell me if any of the files should be moved to the custom theme instead of default?

I tried opening profile.php to start trying to manually instal this but right away I found I couldn't find the permissions line as you had it in the parse instructions, I have show permissions but it's different to what you had.

Can you help me out here please?

Mick.

Anyone tried replacing the profile pictures for smf-media gallery mod?

cazisk

HI,

thank you for your time to read my problem.

I have SMF 2.0 RC1.2,  running:     
1.    Advanced Reputation System    1.7.5   
2.    Ultimate Profile    0.9

and hosting is with just host.

basicly i've checked the path is correct to my knowledge, permision is set correctly for profile_pictures folder and I yesterday enquired to my host and they said they do support gd2.

when i upload a photo it comes up with the thumbnail and name, etc. but when i click on the thumbnail to get the bigger pic, it doesnt have the bigger pic . I looked in profile_pictures and theres only the thumbnail there, so somewhere along the way the original pic is lost?

the error im getting is always the same

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL  bla bla bla/index.php?action=profile;area=pictures;u=1;add2
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
2: rename(/home/stinkin1/public_html/4wd/profile_pictures/tmp_1_thumb,/home/stinkin1/public_html/4wd/profile_pictures/1_1255011715.jpg) [<a href='function.rename'>function.rename</a>]: No such file or directory
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/stinkin1/public_html/4wd/Sources/Profile-Pictures.php
Line: 198

Again, thank you for your time to take a look at my problem. I hope we can figure this one out.

4b11l

Quote from: gbsothere on September 18, 2009, 07:57:13 AM
Quote from: 4b11l on September 18, 2009, 12:35:22 AM
Hello,

Quick question. Did a search and looked through the faq, but couldn't ifnd it.

How can I make the profile show more pictures? Currently, it only shows 6 pictures, I can't seem to make it so that more pictures are available. More specifically, I want to show 9 pictures instead. (this is not referring to how many pictures I can add in settings. I know I can change to 9, but these 9 pictures seem to rotate in showing only 6 at a time)

Also, how can I space out the pictures? I have them centered, but they are all in the middle since it only shows 3 across each row.

You can increase number of displayed pictures. Open Sources/Profile.php.
Code (Find) Select

$request = db_query('SELECT ID_PICTURE, time, title, filename
FROM ' . $db_prefix . 'profile_pictures
WHERE ID_MEMBER = ' . $memID . '
ORDER BY RAND()
LIMIT 6', __FILE__, __LINE__);

and replace  6   with  10.

Hello,

Can someone tell me now where this code resides in smf 2.0? I recently upgarded and this code doesn't seem to exist in profile.php anymore.

JulesW

QuoteHello,

Can someone tell me now where this code resides in smf 2.0? I recently upgarded and this code doesn't seem to exist in profile.php anymore.

It's in /sources/profile-view.php

before
Quote// Are there things we don't show?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on October 07, 2009, 04:22:53 PM
Okay I finally got someone who knows alot about smf to get this installed.

It works great now,but I can't seem to add a project playlist to my profile :( .
*bump*

Any ideas? :).

mcgovery

A little assistance needed please fellas :)

I install it just fine on version 2 but I get the following error when trying to view my profile:

Unknown column 'com.time' in 'field list'
File: /home/mcewc/public_html/forums/Sources/Profile-View.php
Line: 228

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Advertisement: