News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How to know the SMF version of a forum ?

Started by Akrso, October 14, 2015, 08:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akrso

How to know the SMF version of a forum ?
Also will this mod work with SMF version 2.0.10 or 2.0.11 + ?

Illori

usually the SMF version is listed in the footer of your forum.

Steve

The easiest way to tell if it works with your version is on the mod's page, use the dropdown on the right to select your version and then click 'parse'. If it parses, it should work. The mod you linked to does parse.

I don't know that this is foolproof but it's close. Plus there is always emulation which can allow you to use mods you normally wouldn't be able to (again, not 100% of the time but extremely often).
DO NOT pm me for support!

Illori

Quote from: Steve on October 14, 2015, 09:36:59 AM
The easiest way to tell if it works with your version is on the mod's page, use the dropdown on the right to select your version and then click 'parse'. If it parses, it should work. The mod you linked to does parse.

all that does is tell you if the author of the mod included that version in the list of versions that the mod should work with. that does not mean anything else. if a patch changed the same code or another mod it could still fail. even if it does not parse due to the version not being listed that does not mean the mod will not work.

Akrso

Thanks guys.
I knew the SMF version of the forum 2.0.11 and fortunately the mod worked on it as a guy tested it and posted in the other topic.

Advertisement: