News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

webinstall

Started by MistaObvious, June 12, 2011, 08:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MistaObvious

I was attempting to upgrade from 2.0RC5 to 2.0 using the webinstall.php file located on the downloads page.  I made sure that I grabbed a fresh one from that page, so I know it's not an old one.  In any case, after downloading the files successfully to the server I get an error...  url shows step 3:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aaf_admin/allaboutthefight.com/webinstall.php:2) in /home/~snip~/webinstall.php on line 916

I'm going to just use upgrade.php and hopefully that will solve my upgrade issue, so I don't expect any direct response to this thread.  But I did think it was worth mentioning in case anyone wanted to look into it.

Norv

Thank you, looking into it.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

MistaObvious

No prob.  And just to clarify, upgrade.php worked fine.

PerM

Same issue here (downloaded webinstall.php today). Calling upgrade.php worked fine for me too.

Alexthebest

emanuele

The issue could be that the webinstall.php starts with an empty line...

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Illori

the webinstall.php in svn does not have that space at the start of the file....

Joshua Dickerson

The webinstall.php that is linked to from the download page DOES have a blank line. Need Norv to repackage that.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Joshua Dickerson

Sleepy fixed it on the site and as emanuele said, it is fixed in trunk. Resolved :)

Illori

i just downloaded the webinstall and it is not fixed, moving back until we can confirm it has been fixed and updated as this version is still 2.0 RC3 version [unless mirrors still need updating]

Joshua Dickerson

Advertisement: