News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Calendar mods

Started by Chris Curran, January 21, 2006, 11:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poreman

Nearly hate to interupt yawl's discussion But I am getting an error only on guest

Quote from: SMF ERROR Log
8: Undefined index: poster
File: /home/MySite/public_html/forums/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 589

$this_event['can_edit'] = allowedTo('calendar_edit_any') || ($this_event['poster'] == $ID_MEMBER && allowedTo('calendar_edit_own'));

If you got time to look it over
Thanks
Poreman
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
Isaiah 43:11

TrustingJesus

SchaOn

Thank you VERY MUCH Chris & Anroth...

I replaced the Calendar.php file... and BAM... it works!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) <<<----- very happy... LOL.
"'God' brings us into each others lives for a reason and purpose that we may never know until the end. But every interaction that we have - even if just a simple smile, is a catalyst for something bigger, with a positive or negative outcome, so you must be aware of yourself so you can help another when it is needed." ~SchaOn

anroth

I'm happy as well - I transferred all changes to my files and even managed to do a translation. :)

[nofollow]

Thanks a lot for your time, Chris, now we can plan our observing sessions and guest visits according to the moon phases finally, without the need of an external source. :)
Regards,
Andreas

Chris Curran

Quote from: Poreman on May 14, 2007, 06:51:31 PM
Nearly hate to interupt yawl's discussion But I am getting an error only on guest

$this_event['can_edit'] = allowedTo('calendar_edit_any') || ($this_event['poster'] == $ID_MEMBER && allowedTo('calendar_edit_own'));

If you got time to look it over
Thanks
Poreman

This appears to be bug in the original code. That'll take longer to track down...

Chris Curran

Yep - this is a bug that exists in the 1.1.2 codeset (probably prior versions too - I didn't check). Is there a procedure here at SMF, or do I just fix it (I already have the fix)? I don't want to step on any toes....

cheers,
me

Kindred

you can make a post in the bugs board along with your recommended fix. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

anroth

Sorry to bother you again, but I ran into a small issue. At first, I thought it was because I missed something when copying your code, but I tried it on the board where the installation went successfully, and I had the same problem. So here it goes:

I use the calendar with "Show days as links to 'Post Event'" enabled, and I created a separate board for calendar events, because I usually provide some additional information that wouldn't fit in the calendar overview. "Default board to post events in:" is set to the calendar board. After installing your mod, the calendar board isn't selected anymore when posting new events, but the first board in the board overview (the one at the top). I can still select any other board, but it's rather annoying to do so.

I assume that's why you added the "Force default board in events:" option, which disables the drop down box in the "post event" dialogue, but it's not the calendar board that is selected, but still the first board in the overview. I thought "fine, so let's move the calendar board to the top", and now it was selected as desired. But to my surprise, I wasn't able to edit events anymore, the board told me that they were off-limit to me (being admin with all permissions!). The only way to get rid of them was deleting them manually from the database with phpMyAdmin.

For now, I leave my calendar board at the top, so it gets selected automatically in the drop-down box, and disable the "Force default board in events:" option. Does anybody else have the same issue? As I said, it happens with the board where the mod got properly installed, and it's the same with the board that I modded manually. Or is it related to the bug posted above? As usual, it's all gibberish for me again. ;)
Regards,
Andreas

Poreman

I seem to have the same problem, I have the "Default board to post events in" set to "Informational - Events" which I had created for the Events, I checked the "Force default board in events" If the Forced default is checked it doesn't go to the selected default, in my case it was "   ID_BOARD = 0" which is a non=existant board it should have read if it had put the event to the chosen board "   ID_BOARD = 24" the id of the events board.  This is why you got the error it was trying to access something that wasn't there.  I unchecked the "forced default", which lets you manually select where you want the event posted, that will work for me until a solution is posted.  It seems to be a problem assigning the event to the chosen board for the event in default mode.

Thanks
Poreman
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
Isaiah 43:11

TrustingJesus

Chris Curran

Andreas & Poreman,

I can't reproduce your reports. I tried it with different boards in both IE and Firefox. Everything appears and operates as expected. All db files are in expected state (no 0's in board column). Dunno what to tell you to try next...

Kindred

I will install v.1.2.4 tomorrow and test on my site...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

johnburkett

Hi Guys

Hope I am in the right place for help on Chris's Repeating Events Mod.

I have a virtually brand new install of SMF 1.1.2.&nbsp; Have installed the Repeating events mod (1.2.6) via the package manager.&nbsp; The problem is that no labels are displaying for any of the new fields added to either the Add Event page or Calendar Admin page.&nbsp; Also on the Add Event page nothing is coming up in the drop down lists for setting up recurrences, although the boxes are there.

Clearly something is not right.&nbsp; I have uninstalled and reinstalled the mod but with same result.&nbsp; Any pointers or fixes very much appreciated!

Thanks
John B

Kindred

1- uninstalling and reinstalling will not do anythign different.  Computers don't learn by repetition...

2- Are you using a UTF-8 language?
Слaва
Украинi

johnburkett

Thanks Kindred

1 - True, but sometimes I do! (mega newbie at this stuff).

2- Yes

John

Chris Curran

Quote from: johnburkett on May 15, 2007, 11:54:40 AM
2- Yes

English? If yes, then PM me the page source.....

Kindred

UTF...   that's the problem.

The mod (and most mods, actually) only installs strings in the *.english.php files...
Слaва
Украинi

johnburkett

Default Forum Language is set to 'English-utf8'

Is there another setting I should try?

I have sent Chris the page code.

John B.

Chris Curran

Q: Should the attendee logic apply to repeating events with no end date?

In my use of repeating events, these types of events aren't the kind that requires management of attendees (club meetings, board meetings, etc). Allowing folks to 'attend' a never-ending event sounds like a problem waiting to happen. Non-repeating and repeating events with an end date seem like the only event types that should allow attendee management... Yes, no?

cheers,
me

Kindred

That brings up an interesting point...   

What happens if you choose to attend a meeting that is recurring?

I asusme, the current design adds you as an attendee for all recurrences.
What if you only plan to attend ONE of the meetings?

Is that possible, or is the logic to handle that just not even present in the SMF event code?
Слaва
Украинi

johnburkett

Kindred/Chris

Enlightenment has dawned!  Changed the setting to 'English' and all is well.

I will now disappear back into my novice user corner!

Many thanks
Regards
JohnB

Chris Curran

Kindred,

Good point. That level of granularity isn't present at this time. Maybe later... It would only work for recurring events w/ end dates... The general strategy might be to determine date range, populate a combox box with those dates, allow user to select one or more, save those selections for later reaction... I think.

Advertisement: