Set one group permission to post when others can only view in specific forums.

Started by BigBopper, January 11, 2013, 11:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBopper

Hey!

I love Simple Machines Forums but I am having a dog of a time figuring out my specific permissions problem.

I want to have one forum on my board that regular users can view but not post.  But I am trying to set a custom profile that is inherited from Default permissions that can also post in that forum.

So default permissions group can only read it, and 'default2' can post on it.

Kindred

permissions profiles combined with membergroups...

there is a standard "read only" profile which already exists.
copy that and make it "some read, some post" and the assign the proper permissions to the membergroups in that profile.
(members who should be able to post will have to be assigned to a different membergroup from the ones who are restricted)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

BigBopper

Thanks Kindred.

So to understand you correctly I have created a new permission profile from read only, clicked on this new permissions profile child (some read some post) in Edit Profile, and then click on buttons that say post etc. for the some read some post permission profile. Then assign that to the target forum.

I think I have it now...it makes sense.

BigBopper

OH YEAH! Business!!!

Reggie in Default member  group can read but not post
Special1 can make, modify, remove etc. own posts!

Awesome, thanks again!

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: