News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Html code for comments on site?

Started by heather garcia, May 08, 2012, 01:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heather garcia

Hi freinds,
i dont have much knowledge on html programming i am creating a small mobile site i want to get comments from the visitor via email or any other method can any one plz. Give me source code in html thank U..

Elmacik

No way that it could be done using only HTML. You should check ssi_examples.php and ssi_examples.shtml in your forum directory. Run it from a browser and you will see some examples you can use in your web site.

For accepting comments via e-mail has been done years ago in SMF as an unofficial effort but it has never ported to a real system; I think you'd better request it in mod requests board.
Home of Elmacik

Colin

I don't think the OP is looking for anything within SMF. Are you looking for a form where it emails you when visitors submit it?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Elmacik

Right, I missed the board the topic was opened in. I guess he needs a script to handle incoming e-mails to parse comments in it. (And it was discussed for SMF too. I suppose one of the old customizers team member attempted to do it and succeded for a quite old version of SMF)
Home of Elmacik

Advertisement: