[Solved] File editing, question

Started by ScarMix, October 29, 2008, 04:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScarMix

Hello everybody

I have a question about the themes-file-manager. It's like this, I made a new theme then I edit some code and I wanted to reset it so I went to my ftp and uploaded the index.template.php over the old one so the theme went back to original also I uploaded BoardIndex.template.php and Who.template.php  so I could make changes to them as well because I want them to look different from what they do now. Any ways I did this so I went back to the file-manager to open the code-editor. But the files where not bold as the index.template.php was before and I can't press the files to edit them.

Is there a way I can edit them on the forum again or do I have to upload new files after I have edit them on my computer.

Thanks in advance

Cheers,
ScarMix

Ps. using 2.0 beta 4

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Go via FTP and then click on View/Edit option in the right click over that file. That should let you edit the file.

That is the best way by which maximum of the users do so that they can undo the changes on spot if anything has gone wrong.

ScarMix

Thanks for the suggestion.

But I solved it another way.

I went to cPanel marked the folder and then I found a button name Change Permissions. I found out that the folder had 755 and not 777 so I just changed it.

Cheers

Advertisement: