Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

@ SiNaN

Thank you so much for your help, now it works great as it supposed to do.  :D
Thank you from Deb :)

worthog

Quote from: Kindred on September 22, 2009, 12:49:23 AM
worthog....   no, that is not possible with the mod as designed... and doing so would involve a coding to add another field for each entry, including database read and writes as well as the selection...   so, not a minor task.
OK, well thanks for the quick response.  I will rethink my strategy.

Kindred

LOL!    I told you I might have misread it.   I completely missed the comment //

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

heavensculture

Help!

I just installed this package and I loved it until I noticed that whatever info people have used to login, it didn't show on the profiles so I uninstalled it and installed it again. Now I get a fatal error message that goes something like this.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare modifyprofilesettings() (previously declared in /home4/lifemode/public_html/heavensculture/Sources/ModSettings.php:334) in /home4/lifemode/public_html/heavensculture/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 344

I looked through other posts to resolve this matter but I didn't know what to do with the modsettings.php file.

heavensculture

I was able to fix the error but for some reason, it is not allowing me to choose the "check box" and "selection box" and also, the info is not showing on the profiles upon registration, which makes filling out the info pointless.

Please help because I depend on this mod.

Kindred

you seem to have installed the mod twice (hence the redeclare error)

It probably has other duplicate code which is interfering as well...   you will have to go through the manual install instructions to find all of the places where themod edits code and make sure only one edit was made in each place.

(and FYI: Your original question has been answered in just about every mod thread on the board...)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rahmetli61

Hello, I have same problem with one person who wrote here, and didn't get any answer:

QuoteI've set up two custom fields which appear on the registration screen as mandatory fields. This works fine, and the fields show up in the user's profile - but they're blank. The information doesn't get transferred from registration to profile.

What might I be doing wrong? I'm using SMF 1.1.10, and I had to install the mod manually.

I tried switching back to the default theme, which seems to be the answer to a lot of problems, but no joy.

So, after registration, smf_themes table is not being updated, and I can't see written informations on the person's profile. What might the problem be?

Wish you will reply soon, thanks a lot.

Thanks!

Arantor

rahmetli61

Quote from: Arantor on September 27, 2009, 03:52:26 PM
So how did you install it?

At first, I installed with package service, and it was working until some mods I installed. So, I saw that you are telling to install it manual under this topic. I deleted the mod and installed it manually, but it didn't work. These are mods I installed:
1.Count unread topics on index    1.1 
2.Custom Action Mod    2.04 
3.SMF Media Gallery    1.5.6 
4.SMF Arcade    2.0.18
5.Users Online Today Mod    1.4.0     
6.arcwdm_v2.3

Arantor

If it was installed manually, likely that means one or more of the edits was missed, which is probably why it fails to work as intended.

rahmetli61

I'm sure nothing is missing cause I reinstalled a few times carefully. Anyway, thanks for help.

rahmetli61

By the way, I didn't solve the problem, continues. So, I'm waiting for somebody's help still.

Rhyme

Quote from: rahmetli61 on September 28, 2009, 07:07:16 PM
By the way, I didn't solve the problem, continues. So, I'm waiting for somebody's help still.

Are you using a text field, drop field, or what? I was just messing around with this, and I don't have it as mandatory for registration, but the text field I added works fine.  I'd try to make it not mandatory just for the time being and see if filling it in after changes anything.

rahmetli61

Quote from: Rhyme on September 28, 2009, 07:48:49 PM
Quote from: rahmetli61 on September 28, 2009, 07:07:16 PM

Are you using a text field, drop field, or what? I was just messing around with this, and I don't have it as mandatory for registration, but the text field I added works fine.  I'd try to make it not mandatory just for the time being and see if filling it in after changes anything.

I use mandatory text fields. Why?

Garou

Just test it out please, if it works with out the mandatory fields it might help us to figure out what is causing the problem.

DaBrute

can this make certain fields a requirement?

Rhyme

Quote from: DaBrute on September 29, 2009, 05:59:42 PM
can this make certain fields a requirement?

Yes it can.  When you go to use the mod you can choose whether or not you want it to be mandatory.

DaBrute

DaBrute

after installing this and clicking on features and options  it went blank index.php?action=featuresettings

I uninstalled and tried to click it again and now its a blankscreen.

Arantor

So, what's in the server error log?

A blank screen means an error. Only the server error log will tell us where.

Advertisement: