Board Notify and Poll in SMF 2.0 RC3

Started by Venu, March 23, 2010, 08:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Venu

Using the latest 2.0 RC3 build. Everything seems to be working fine except these 2 issues
1. If I click on a board and select "notify" I am automatically logged out
2. If I access a Poll post, the same thing happens - I am automatically logged out

Is this a known bug? Or is there some configuration not done to get these 2 features going
Thanks
Venu

Chas Large

Hi Venu,

Apologies for the delay in responding.

I can state that this is not a known bug as I have three 2.0 RC3 forums running and no members have reported this issue.

Have you already resolved it in some way or is it still a problem?

If solved, please mark the topic solved by clicking the button bottom left.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Venu

Hi Chas,

I found out what the issue was.
The forum was initially created without a "www" prefix. The sitemaps MOD also generated URL's without "www" prefix
When I created a domain on Google webmasters I created with "www" and google did not like URL's without this prefix

To fix this, I went into SMF Server Settings -> Database and Paths -> Forum URL ; here i added a www prefix.
After this, I saw that for certain posts, I was being logged out when I tried to modify/reply etc and for certain, it was allowing me to reply.

Then later I enabled "Use subdomain independent cookies" and everything started working fine !

Chas Large

Great new Venu, glad it's all working OK now, that's an interesting point to note for other members who may do something similar. Thanks.

I'll mark this topic as solved then.

My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Advertisement: