News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

No alerts and email notifications

Started by tkaiser_ikoffice, April 24, 2024, 08:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkaiser_ikoffice

Hi there,

i'm running a SMF 2.14 on a debian 11 server with php 8.2. I've configured exim and the sendmail function so that php can send emails. The testmail via smf is recieved correctly.
I've checked the database "smf_user_alerts_prefs" has all the flags set for my test users, but the "smf_user_alerts" table is empty. I also tested it manually (i created answers and new topics, so that users normally would get alerts and notifications).

I'm a developer myself with some php experience and i have read some of the older topics adressing this issue. None of them had a solution, it just seems that your mailing system is broken.

Is there a common fix?

Thanks in advance  :)

Kindred

Alerts are not normally emails in 2.1.x....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tkaiser_ikoffice

Let's focus on the email notifications first.
Do you have a recommendation what i can do here?

shawnb61

Any errors in the smf error log?
The apache error log?

Have the users opted in to receiving emails?   (The very first box on the notifications form?)

Have the users subscribed to receive emails for any topics or boards? 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Kindred

Also, Have you correctly configured your server with DMARC and other DNS settings?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: