Split Forum Mod

Started by dougiefresh, May 27, 2014, 07:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Quote from: JerzyLS on March 08, 2016, 03:46:17 PM
There's no "like it" button in posts and don't display likes count under avatar on subforums.
On the root working fine.
On my localhost forum, I've installed both mods and they appear to install fine side-by-side without issue.  I had to set the permissions and which boards it is active in so that the "Like" button appears underneath the posts.  Have you done that yet?  Those settings are under Admin -> Configuration -> Like Posts....

Just a reminder: You may have to repeat the "selecting boards" action for every subforum....

Falcomfr

Quote from: dougiefresh on March 08, 2016, 04:04:57 PM
That's pretty much SMF's unread and unreadreplies function....  I can't explain why it does what it does....

I just can see my primary forum with unreadglobal

JerzyLS

Quote from: dougiefresh on March 08, 2016, 04:26:50 PM
Quote from: JerzyLS on March 08, 2016, 03:46:17 PM
There's no "like it" button in posts and don't display likes count under avatar on subforums.
On the root working fine.
On my localhost forum, I've installed both mods and they appear to install fine side-by-side without issue.  I had to set the permissions and which boards it is active in so that the "Like" button appears underneath the posts.  Have you done that yet?  Those settings are under Admin -> Configuration -> Like Posts....

Just a reminder: You may have to repeat the "selecting boards" action for every subforum....

But if I'm checking the boards on the first subforum, It's going to disabled on other.

chuman

Hello I know in the settings it ays you can restrict the who's online based on subforum however i was wonering if there was a way to show posts on all forums, like the newst post on any sub forum an on the main forum, I could not find it in the settings and I searche the thread and did not find it there either.

Also, when I go to change the subforum url from domain.com/forum1 [nofollow] to domain.com/harrypotter [nofollow] it gives me an error and says the url cannot be found, are these changeable or do I need to do something special.

dougiefresh

Quote from: chuman on March 23, 2016, 10:45:11 PM
Hello I know in the settings it ays you can restrict the who's online based on subforum however i was wonering if there was a way to show posts on all forums, like the newst post on any sub forum an on the main forum, I could not find it in the settings and I searche the thread and did not find it there either.
There is no way to do that currently in the mod.....  Hypothetically speaking, where would you envision this taking place?  On the Board Index?

Quote from: chuman on March 23, 2016, 10:45:11 PM
Also, when I go to change the subforum url from domain.com/forum1 to domain.com/harrypotter it gives me an error and says the url cannot be found, are these changeable or do I need to do something special.
It should be changeable.  I'll look into this bug report.....

JerzyLS

How about LikePosts?

Does Split Forum Mod will suport SSL certificates?

-Rock Lee-

Really great job thanks for the effort @dougiefresh :D also as usual here I leave translations to the Latin Spanish :laugh:

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

dougiefresh

@Rock Lee [BC]: I've added the translations to the mod for the next version!  Thank you again!

Quote from: JerzyLS on April 08, 2016, 11:59:19 AM
How about LikePosts?
:o  Damn....  I had forgotten about the LikePosts mod request!  I'll try to get that working for you....

Quote from: JerzyLS on April 08, 2016, 11:59:19 AM
Does Split Forum Mod will suport SSL certificates?
Um....  Good question....  Let me look into how the mod handles that, cause it's been a LOOOONG time since I've dealt with that code....

Daegaladh

Hi, have you figured out how to make the Alias Boards mod work between subforums? If so, when will it be available? Thanks!

dougiefresh

Quote from: Daegaladh on April 09, 2016, 02:10:09 PM
Hi, have you figured out how to make the Alias Boards mod work between subforums? If so, when will it be available? Thanks!
I'm not going to attempt to make Alias Board mod version 1.x work with the Subforum mod, mostly because the way they work is incompatible with the Subforum mod.....  I've been trying to get the version 2.x editions to work with the Subforum mod, without success so far....

dougiefresh

UPDATE: In my test forum, I've got 2 boards: "Original Board" in subforum 0, and "Board Alias" as an alias to "Original Board" in subforum 1.  Currently, I can pull up the topic listing for "Original Board" from subforum 1.  However, when I try to view the topics, I get an error message indicating the board is on another subforum....  Getting closer and closer....

UPDATE 2: Fixed error message previously mentioned....  8)

UPDATE 3: compatibility with HTTPS protocol for redirection to another subforum should work with the latest version (unpublished as of right now).  Unfortunately, I have no way to test whether the functionality works as expected on my test forum....  All other HTTPS functionality should work as expected....

UPDATE 4: Bummer.... Wrong categories are shown in subforum 1 when clicking on any topic in the aliased board....

dougiefresh

UPDATE:  I've dropped support for the Alias Boards v1.x mod and have got everything working with the Alias Boards v2.x mod, with exception of the Manage Boards UI.  I'm gonna try to get it operational later today, but it might be tomorrow, as I have a family get-together to go to this evening....

dougiefresh

UPDATE: With the latest unpublished version, the Alias Boards mod now works properly with the Split Forum Mod.  I'm now looking into compatibility with the Likes mod....

JerzyLS

Ok.

How can I move links from "sister sites" to "home" as sub_buttons?

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.33 - April 19th, 2016
o SMF 2.0: Added full support for Alias Boards v2.x mod to this mod.
o Removed support for Alias Boards v1.x mod from this mod.
o Added option to move Sister Sites menu under the Home link in top menu.
o Added option to include current subforum in Sister Sites menu.
o Added support for Likes Post mod so that boards in all subforums are selectable in primary subforum.
o Added Spanish Latin translation by Rock Lee [BC]

Quote from: JerzyLS on April 22, 2016, 01:24:09 PM
How can I move links from "sister sites" to "home" as sub_buttons?
This update should take care of this particular request.  Thank you!

Quote from: Daegaladh on April 09, 2016, 02:10:09 PM
This update addresses this particular request.  Please note that it is Alias Boards mod version 2.x, not the 1.x series!!  Thank you!

JerzyLS

Dougiefresh, thanks for your attention.

I just found the important issue: When I switch on the cache on my board, to change for example the news I must clear the cache (main forum works fine in every time).
When I switch it off, it's working. Immediately.

garyee

Hi,

I installed the mod (as the first mod)on a clean and fresh installation of the latest version (2.0.11) of SMF.
When I installed it there was an Error (in the ManageBoards.template.php file). I suspect that it is due to the compatibility to the Board alias mod, but I am not sure.

And secondly I created a first subforum, but there was no folder nor index.php created.
In the description it says "This mod can create the folder and generate an "index.php" if required"
What can I do to make it create those two? Or how can I do it manually ?

JerzyLS

Ignore this.

It's doesn't important for you, it's from Alias mod.

garyee

Quote from: JerzyLS on April 26, 2016, 04:41:13 AM
Ignore this.

It's doesn't important for you, it's from Alias mod.

okay and thanks for the quick answer.
And for my second problem? Is there somewhere I can get a sample index.php for my subforum.
Or how can I make the mod generate the folder and the file for me ?

garyee

Hi,

so I solved the "issue":
If one want's to have a subforum like "mydomain/specialForumName", one must not forget to change the "Path to the sub folder" ( in the "DON'T change these settings unless.." section),
or the .htaccess accordingly. If not the standard folder name (forum1) will be applied and if there is no .htaccess, mydomain/specialForumName will gibe a 404 HTTP Error.

But now there is another Problem. I changed the the URL of my root-Forum  from mydomain/ to mydomain/specialForumName.
If I want to change any setting now, it won't work (even for some core stuff like  "Default time format" ).
Does anyone have an idea?

Advertisement: