News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

PDX-DK

Started by padexx, July 18, 2006, 06:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars_n

Hellooooos =)

awesome Theme ! Thanks a lot :) Me got one question please. I want to expand the width of the forum, which is wrapped and bridged into a Joomla!, to 98% of the available space. How do i do that ? I allready tried to do it in the style.css of your theme but that didn´t helped.

/* overall width of forum */
#wrapper {
padding:0% 0 0 0;
margin:0px auto;
width:90%;
text-align:left;
min-width: 900px;
}

It looks like shown on the picture. I want to expand the forum so that it covers the space, where i made those "red snakes" :D

It stays the same :( Would you please give me a hint ?

Thankies ^^

[EDIT] I discovered, that the width is related to the bridge itself :( So it´s not a Theme-related thing. Sorry! Me thankfull for any hints anyway ^^

padexx

Hi lars!

the code snipped you posted above is the right place to start.

padding: 0;
margin: 0;
width: 100%;

also have a look into the /maincolorcsss/ * _ie.css files (special definitions for IE)

change (or delete if you use the forum only "wrapped") #wrapper in in these files, too.

Do you still have any space arround the forum?

lars_n

Quote from: panic on October 16, 2006, 06:05:41 AM
Hi lars!

the code snipped you posted above is the right place to start.

padding: 0;
margin: 0;
width: 100%;

also have a look into the /maincolorcsss/ * _ie.css files (special definitions for IE)

change (or delete if you use the forum only "wrapped") #wrapper in in these files, too.

Do you still have any space arround the forum?

That did it, thanks Panic ! I removed :

#wrapper {
padding:2% 0 0 0;
width:98%;
width: 900px; /* IE doesn't know min-width :( */
}

from the default_ie.css (because i only use the yellow theme) and the :

/* overall width of forum */
#wrapper {
padding:0% 0 0 0;
width:100%;
min-width: 600px;
}

from style.css. Looks okay now :) Will check it some more later on.

Thanks !

Lars

Nordoelum

Thank you for a great theme :D But I wondered if you got the SDK for the buttons?

padexx

Nordoelum please have a look into the readme.txt comming with the theme (in the theme archive)

Nordoelum

Thank you :D Just applied the norwegian buttons..

Ed1t: I got this error with Firefox 2.0:

padexx

because of your long forum name you have to change the min-width if the #wrapper in the styles.css of the theme and maybe the width of the #wrapper for IE in the maincolorcss/*_ie.css files

lars_n

Oooos Hellooos =) Me confused :/ I want to add a link to my portalsite at SMFs Menu but it´s ..... geeez .... it confuses me a lot. Could you please explain me how to add a new button to my SMF Forum ? I want to place it where ..... [HOME] [HELP] [SEARCH] yada yada and so on ... is placed :)

I remember that it´s quite easy but in your template it looks very difficult. Thanks in advance =)

padexx

look for the tab section in the index.template.php.

The code for your own tab is:

// custom tab
echo '
<div class="maintab_back">
<a href="http://www.example.com">example tab text</a>
</div>
<div class="seperator"><!--no content--></div>';

lars_n

That did it :D Thanks a lot ;)

dutchmamber

In the readme file iread the following:

EXTRA HOME BUTTON:
You are able to set a link back to your homepage in the main tabs.
If a url is set in the admin interface it gets assignt to the "home" button and a "forum" button replaces
the current "home" button.

The problem is i can't find where i can put my link to my homepage, only a link for the forum.

padexx

QuoteThe problem is i can't find where i can put my link to my homepage, only a link for the forum.

Admin - configuration - current theme - URL for button that returns to the main (Home) page :

below the color selection options.

dutchmamber

Thanks, simple is you now where to look  :D

Superdaantje

I just comment the following out off the Display.template.php. How do I make the space between the Pagina's text en the footer Smaller (it is still the same after commenting it out) Does any one know where  I can find this.
This is the site where I am playing with this template

SOLVED

Greetz
Superdaantje.nl

Joomlabridge.org SMF Bridge Support, Downloads and Joomla Video Tutorials

BigMatt

Absolutely wonderful theme!  We are definitely going to use it for our forum.  Two questions though:

1. Would it be possible to have the theme use a sans serif font (arial, geneva, etc.) instead of the current one?

2. Is there a version with the mods for the Ad Management and Avatars @ Index included in the template files?  I tried to install them but I'm somewhat new to PHP and I'm afraid I couldn't get either one to work.

Thanks!

Superdaantje

You can define the font in the Css files

and you will find a lot off info about installingen Mods on this forum
Greetz
Superdaantje.nl

Joomlabridge.org SMF Bridge Support, Downloads and Joomla Video Tutorials

BigMatt

I have read a lot of posts about it but for this theme it seems like some of the things that I was supposed to be searching for are different or not present, that's why I was asking for help.

padexx

@BigMatt

fonts: all defined in the styles.css

Ad Management: I did a theme version a few month with this mod included. A lot of changes had to be done and it was a hell of a job ;) Had to include the code of the mod and rewrite parts of the theme. All but one ad-postion did work but I will not update this mod (theme version RC3). Anyway I can send you the theme files if you want.

age and Avatars @ Index: could you explain this please?

BigMatt

If you could send me the modified files for the ad management mod that would be great!

Avatars @ Index is a mod that puts a small version of the posters avatar into the index.  I tried to install it into your theme but unfortunately I'm not versed enough in smf/php or the themes to figure out exactly what I need to do.

padexx

a email address would help  ;) (for the ad-management mod)

Advertisement: