Code Block Scrollbars

Started by 1979Z28, April 25, 2004, 02:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1979Z28

Meh, seeing as how I've seen a few odd signatures around with scrollbars on them, and taking a look at some huge-ass code listing in the code function, I'm gonna make the suggestion, of adding the scrollbars to THAT part of the code, somehow, if possible. It's really annoying to have somebody post up something huge, and then have to use the scrollbars to read the rest of the posts...  :'(

[Unknown]

Umm... scroll bars... are used.  I'm nto sure what you're talking about.

-[Unknown]

A.M.A

testing

i guess like this one :)
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

1979Z28

Get what I mean now? ;)

Would it be possible, to somehow detect and add a scroll bar to posts go excessively too far to the right, thus screwing up the rest of the posts on that page of the thread?

A.M.A

Quote from: 1979Z28 on April 25, 2004, 03:14:08 AM
Get what I mean now? ;)

Would it be possible, to somehow detect and add a scroll bar to posts go excessively too far to the right, thus screwing up the rest of the posts on that page of the thread?
??? they do got a scroll bar 
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

1979Z28

Fneh.

I see that the browser automatically adds a scrollbar when somebody posts something huge, like I just did.

What I MEAN, is ON THAT POST, to add a scrollbar. If you check my forum (http://www.ufba.org/forum/index.php), you'll see that in cases of an avatar that is slightly too big, it will have a scrollbar added to it. It keeps the post, and other posts resized the same, and it also allows people to view the whole avatar, if they wish.

Was just thinking that this might be transferred over to the message body, such as in cases of huge-ass code listings.

1979Z28

Ugh, I'm an idiot, heh.

Sorry Unkown and AMA :P Didn't notice that the default theme already had this enabled. Since I'm using the old YaBB SE theme, I didn't think of checking the other one... :-X

This 'idea' has already been added with the default template shipped out.. :-X

Any chances of adding it here, like to the default YaBB SE Theme? ;)

Sorry :-X Go ahead and lock this if need be, a suggestion/idea that's already implimented..

A.M.A

in Display.template.php look for
// Show the post itself, finally!
echo '
</td>
</tr></table>
<hr width="100%" size="1" class="hrcolor" />
', $message['body'], '

and replace it with
// Show the post itself, finally!
echo '
</td>
</tr></table>
<hr width="100%" size="1" class="hrcolor" />
<div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;">', $message['body'], '</div>

1979Z28

Hrm. Is there any other bit of code that would do that? Just added it to somebody's Blue theme (that's somewhere in the graphics board), and it still doesn't work :-X

[Unknown]

You also need to modify the code class in style.css...

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: