Previous topic - Next topic

pkclary

I received one also.
Quote-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 2:21 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: preCharge & SMF Forums

Hello PKC Direct,

My name is Robert Jennings and I am the Forum Director at preCharge Community Forums. I am pleased to inform you that preCharge has acquired SMF Forums. We have decided to fully integrate SMF into preCharge Community Forums located at hxxp:forums.precharge.net/ [nonactive]

For those members of SMF, please take a moment to reset your password by clicking on the following link:
hxxp:forums.precharge.net/login.php?do=lostpw [nonactive]

All of your old account information, profiles, private messages and post have been transferred over automatically.

We welcome you to the world of preCharge.

For those of you who are already members of preCharge, please take a moment to say hello to all the SMF members hxxp:forums.precharge.net/ [nonactive]

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you.

Robert Jennings
preCharge Forum Directory
preCharge Community Forums - hxxp:forums.precharge.net [nonactive]

P.S. For all those members wondering, our contest live on. Find the latest here! Win up to $2k just by posting! hxxp:forums.precharge.net/announcements/1678-precharge-contest-live.html [nonactive]

Chipfryer

Don't panic I just got a polite reply after complaining to the people concerned.
Please write to them if you were a member and ask that your address be removed ok.

Sorry this is so OT but it annoyed the heck out of me.

Best.

H

-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Chipfryer

I think its worth reporting and blocking after reading that thanks for posting those. Actually with hindsight the polite reply could have been smarmy too which ever way you look at it?

SMF Rocks and its my chosen software. Good on ya guys!

precharge

The email is real. preCharge acquired www.smfusers.com [nofollow] yesterday.

We were unaware of the unhappy users but we accept it. We honored the remove request after 10 seconds of receiving it. Rest assured preCharge is a legitimate operation and is here to stay.

If you received the notice in error, we apologize. If you would like to have your account deleted, simply contact [email protected] and your account will be deleted immediately without question. Please make sure to include your username and/or related email so that we can find your account.

We are sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

precharge

We were unaware of the unhappy users but we accept it. We honored the remove request after 10 seconds of receiving it. Rest assured preCharge is a legitimate operation and is here to stay.

If you received the notice in error, we apologize. If you would like to have your account deleted, simply contact [email protected] and your account will be deleted immediately without question. Please make sure to include your username and/or related email so that we can find your account.

sawz

cool, how about you remove the user "sawz" and all posts made by me.
keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

precharge

sawz

Quote from: precharge on August 02, 2006, 06:56:25 AM
The email is real. preCharge acquired www.smfusers.com yesterday.

posting the same message in different threads is frowned upon here.

precharge

We are trying to set the story straight.

sawz

Quote from: precharge on August 02, 2006, 06:57:12 AM
The email is real. preCharge acquired www.smfusers.com yesterday.

this is the 3rd thread you posted the same message, big no-no

-MunDy-

Anyone else find it incredibly dodgey that this "Anusha" just like... manipulated us all to make herself some money?

precharge

I don't show a username by the name of sawz. Could it be under another name?

sawz

Quote from: -MunDy- on August 02, 2006, 07:05:58 AM
Anyone else find it incredibly dodgey that this "Anusha" just like... manipulated us all to make herself some money?
she should buy coffee and doughnuts for everyone. 8)

H

Threads locked and merged before things get out of hand.

In summary:

- smfusers and precharge are not affiliated with smf

- SPAM was sent by smfusers.com from e-mails they collected in this forum

- When precharge aquired smfusers they sent an e-mail to everyone in the SMFusers.com members database.

- If you wish to be removed from the precharge e-mail list e-mail [email protected] or PM precharge
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Oldiesmann

In light of these developments, a new SMF users forum has been set up at http://www.smfuser.com. I can personally assure you that this one will not get bought out as vbgamer45 and I won't let that happen (he owns the domain, and I'm hosting it on my account).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: