News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Global Headers and Footers

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 02, 2006, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iomega0318

So I know this mod obviously needs some work lol, but it also has one thing missing that bugs the crap out of me.. it's not super important but still lol.. It is missing an icon in the menu, in FF and Chrome they do a nice job "hiding" that it's not there but if you use IE it shows up in the menu as a broken image.. so I fixed it by changing this:

'globalhf' => array(
                    'label' => $txt['globalhf_title'],
                    'file' => 'globalhf2.php',
                    'function' => 'globalhf',
                    'custom_url' => $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=globalhf',
                    'icon' => '',
                    'subsections' => array(
                        'view' => array($txt['globalhf_settings']),
                    ),
                ),

to this:
                'globalhf' => array(
                    'label' => $txt['globalhf_title'],
                    'file' => 'globalhf2.php',
                    'function' => 'globalhf',
                    'custom_url' => $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=globalhf',
                    'icon' => 'news.gif',
                    'subsections' => array(
                        'view' => array($txt['globalhf_settings']),
                    ),
                ),

All I did was add "news.gif" into this line:
'icon' => '',
UOFreeshards.net
UOFreeshards.net 2.1 Aplha Test Site
"I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun...
not because I see it but because by it I see everything else."
C.S. Lewis

Heed what I say, for it shall be mentioned only once.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Nitesh Kunnath

How to uninstall this ?

I need to re-install this mod (fresh) after uninstalling.

Kindred

you may have to manually uninstall it.
That error actually means that you have permissions issues on your server and will likely encounter other mod-install/uninstall issues.

make sure that your Packages/temp directory exists, is chmod 755 (maybe 777) and is EMPTY before you try to install or uninstall mods.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nitesh Kunnath

Quote from: Kindred on April 24, 2012, 11:51:04 AM
you may have to manually uninstall it.
That error actually means that you have permissions issues on your server and will likely encounter other mod-install/uninstall issues.

make sure that your Packages/temp directory exists, is chmod 755 (maybe 777) and is EMPTY before you try to install or uninstall mods.
Thanks, it worked :)
THere wasn't any folder as Temp inside the package folder...I created one and then it listed out the file errors which I manually edited the code as per the info :)

Matthew K.

Going to be updating this modification very shortly. Thank you for the patience :)

What's going to be in the next update...

• Ability to add global head (<head></head>) content
  • Improved Model-View-Controller (MVC)
  • BBC Support - Ability to toggle BBC support on or off for both header and footer content.
  • Increased Portal Compatibility
  • Error Handling - Logs an error if crucial files are missing
  • Admin Icon Added

Matthew K.

Global Headers and Footers 2.0.1 released! Provides multiple new features and many enhancements!
Quote from: ReadmeChangelog:

v2.0.1 (r5.10.12):

• Complete rewrite for both SMF 1.1.x and SMF 2.0.x.
  • Head Support Added.
  • BBC Support Toggles.

Link to Modification

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

rickmastfan67

Labradoodle-360, is there any way to get the "Global Footer Content" to show up on the "Board Index" below the "Info Center" completely instead of being put inside of it like in the old version?

If you look at this site that is running the old version of 2.0, the Global Footer was placed below the Info Center.

Here's what's happening in a test offline forum: (modified "Core" theme)

As you can see, (the test forum is using 2.0.2), when I place something in the "Global Footer" box, it's putting it in the Info Center at the bottom, and not outside of it.  Because of that, the normal color (white) I'm using for it to show up on the other pages doesn't show up here (I took that part of the code out so it could be readable in the screenshot).

If you're dead-set on putting the footer in the Info Center on the Board Index, maybe you could put an option in to allow people to allow it to show up outside of the Info Center?  Or can you maybe please give me a suggestion on how to fix this on my end?

Thanks.

EDIT: Hmm, seems to be conflicting with the Users Online Today Mod as I un-installed that mod and the Global Footer is showing up on the board index like the site I linked above....  That, or my custom code to get the "Users Logged In Today" to work properly in "core" themes is causing this problem as in the "Default/Curve" theme, this problem doesn't happen......   This is going to be fun. :(

EDIT #2: Yes.... It's my code. :facepalm:  Going to post my problem in the proper thread now.

rickmastfan67

Ok, I've installed this mod on a site that we've just upgraded from 1.1.16 to 2.0.2.

So, the install of the mod works just fine, but when I go into it an attempt to put stuff into the "Global Footer Content:" section and hit the save button, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: file_put_contents() in /*/*/*/*/aaroads.com/forum/Sources/smfhacks_source/global-hf.php on line 64

What do you think might be the problem?

SMFHacks.com Team

Your site has installed a very old version of php. Contact your host and see if you can upgrade to PHP 5.
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

rickmastfan67

Quote from: SMFHacks.com Team on May 30, 2012, 01:25:32 AM
Your site has installed a very old version of php. Contact your host and see if you can upgrade to PHP 5.

Thanks for pointing that out.  We've got it fixed with the webhost and now the mod has been re-installed and is working perfectly. :)

Draffi

I use an older Version for Global Header & Footer.

All was working fine, but then i add some SWF-Content, i can see this on the main page of my forum and on the message index from a board.

When i enter a topic for reading, the SWF-Content is missing - only an empty place is showing.

Have somebody an idea?

Thank you in advance

lampshad3

okkk, here is my problem, i have installed this mod, im using the default theme, the mod works correctly, i can add text just fine to my headers and footers, but i am trying to add google adsense ads into these, i put the code into the admin area of this mod, and nothing appears when i save it. HELPPP..

Dealah

please give me a link where i can download the old version, i mean version 2.0 plz. Help me out

Dealah

Av searched all the forum, just trying to download the old version of global header and footer 2.0 not 2.0.1.
Plz post the link where i can download it. Plz i need the old version

SMFHacks.com Team

Why do you need the old version? The new one should do everything the old one did.
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Dealah

the new version doesn't show on wap2, dats why i need it. Plz post d link. Plz. Av tried everything possible to make it show on wap2.

vbgamer45

Quote from: Dealah on June 17, 2012, 02:25:07 PM
the new version doesn't show on wap2, dats why i need it. Plz post d link. Plz. Av tried everything possible to make it show on wap2.
Might have it at
http://www.smfhacks.com/hacks/Global-Headers-and-Footers.html

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: