News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Global Headers and Footers

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 02, 2006, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmcintosh

Mod works great.

One question, how would I center like the copyright and page load, if there is mention of it in this topic I missed it, centered when in board index and topics, but not centered in admin or profile view (looks rather ackward).

Or better yet, have under copyright and page load.

Harvester

May I please get someone to help me with the manual install of this mod? The parser keeps telling me it wont work with my version 1.1.7 and therefore does not show me the changes i need to make in the files.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Harvester

hmm... I have a problem. I installed mod via the "install" in the packages screen on a test forum which I just installed.. 1.1.7  I saw no sign of the mod... not in the admin panel... nowhere. so I then downloaded the files the mod modified (via my ftp to my pc) according to Sleepy's parser and everything seems to be in place when i view the files in dreamweaver and check them against the mods the parser calls for. However I still see no sign of the mod in the admin panel or on the forum itself. The forum is set to use the default theme... SMF Default Theme - Core and that is where I found the modified Modifications.English.php so I am pretty positive I have the right theme up.

Now I am confused as to why I am not seeing this mod in anyway shape or form.

Please help me.

Harvester

Scratch the above problem... I found out that SMF by default installs as English UTF8. I changed it to just "English" and all is good so far :D

Read IS fundamental lol

wmcintosh

I looked at the parser page as well, and its seems to be no way to move global footer elsewhere, or is it even possible, I much rather have it placed below copyright/page load.

Most mods allow you to easily alter to ones preference, but this one does not.

Oh, not a big deal, by the way, just asking if there is a way.

vbgamer45

You would need to place the code then in theme file itself but it would no longer by global across all themes then.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

wmcintosh

In that case will leave as is, besides its a great mod and quite useful.

thetomlin2

Is it possible to have more than 3 images across the bottom?  I am trying to put links to affiliates across the bottom using images (100x40 px) and the 4th link always is put down a line.  Any idea?

sreisenb001

Quote from: thetomlin2 on January 29, 2009, 10:23:04 PM
Is it possible to have more than 3 images across the bottom?  I am trying to put links to affiliates across the bottom using images (100x40 px) and the 4th link always is put down a line.  Any idea?

here is the link to our site to see what he means.. thanks ;D
http://www.mnsportscentral.com/community/index.php

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sreisenb001

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 29, 2009, 10:31:05 PM
Yes it is you can do it with html code

I am just learning HTML any idea what i would use.. I should be getting a copy of Dreamweaver Friday and I hope that will help me with it.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

thetomlin2

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 29, 2009, 10:45:12 PM
Read over html code
hxxp:w3schools.com/html/default.asp [nonactive]

I found the error in our html ... thank you

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sreisenb001

Okay it was working and now I am getting this error when I try to load something.,.

Can not open/hsphere/local/home/sreisenb001/mnsportscentral.com/community/smfheader.txt.

any idea on what i need to do? thanks

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

sreisenb001

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 31, 2009, 07:32:31 PM
Check that the file exists and is writable.

Thank you that worked.. I love this site.. you guys save my ass all the time.. :-[

acewashere

In future updates would it be possible to add some way to control text size/wrap width/etc right in the settings page for the mod?

vbgamer45

Maybe but the main thing that page was for people to paste html code. Including javascript I could stick an editor on that page though.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: