News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Paid Subscriptions

Started by Grudge, August 12, 2006, 06:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

It should be in your profile and under "Configuration" in the admin panel.

tansu

Hi again,
someone please tell me what to do about this:
I want the subscription end after 1 post, or 2, 3 posts, not after one day or week. What must I change? or which file should I look at?
Thanks

72dpi

Hi Bigguy,
Thanks for your response.

Nope, it doesn't appear there. IU even installed a brand new SMF on my server, uploaded the latest paid subs mod, and nothing, it just doesn't appear.

=( I really hope I can see what is going wrong. Can someone plz post up a screenie of where it is meant to be, it might help!

Regards,

very strange...

SRaven

Make sure that you have added the modifications amnually to the theme you are using. installing the mod only modifies the default theme. so, if you are using a different theme, you need to make the modifications to the themes you are using yourself.
The 'Paid subscriptions' tab not showing might indicate that Modifications.english.php for your theme has not been modified.

72dpi

Hi Sraven,
Thanks for that heads up. I am using default6. The last test, was on a SMF install straight from Fantastico via Cpanel. perhaps i will blow this one away and do it manually, thisd may be worth a try.
I checked, there is an over-write of the Modifications.english.php, with backup, and is 777.
man, this truly is odd, and very sad, i so badly ned this to work =(

TYhanks for your interest, i know how hard it is to offer suggestions when U can't see the server.

RebelRose

Can a picture be added to the subscritions?

Ryan

Add pictures like this:
Just add normal html image tags in your subscription description. haha sounds odd but right :)

quattrohead

Can I second this request ?
Ta.

Actually, to add a full request  :)
I would like this mod to allow a forum member to buy the ability to pay for and place an ad in a board specifically for listing stuff for sale.
I think I can see where the time frame is set in the code and could set a new time frame for 5 mins  :P

Quote from: tansu on March 28, 2007, 06:59:16 AM
Hi again,
someone please tell me what to do about this:
I want the subscription end after 1 post, or 2, 3 posts, not after one day or week. What must I change? or which file should I look at?
Thanks

SerjTech

I have just installed this mod and it works just as I want but have two questions I hope someone can answer.

1) Is there anyway to alter the mod/code so you can set up a subscription group where the users can pick how much they want to pay per month/year, ie they go to paid subscriptions in their profile and theres a place there to enter $  per month etc. Then that amount is passed to paypal for payment or is this too much work?

2) I want the script to handle my subscriptions/features on my website which our users pay for to use. What I want to do is the ability to add my own php code to the script so when a payment/subscription is taken my own code is run and adds them to other databases on other parts of my site and when their subscription ends they get removed via my code.

I have all the code to do the adding/removing from my features but where is the best place to place this code in this mod?

I thought of adding the add to feature code into the paypal IPN file so when the payment is confirmed by paypal the user gets emailed the payment details and then I run my code to add them to other databases. Would you recommend this?

Also where best place to handle removing user from feature at end of subscription?

Hope someone can help me and thanks for taking the time to read this  

alo

can you add E-gold to payment list? i think people do like e-gold than other payment processors now.

Joe1221

Was hoping to get this added to my forum but having trouble with the chmod thing.

When I try to apply the mod in package manager I get "FTP Information Required - Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable." Can someone PM me if you don't feel like explaining here how I fix this problem?

Where do I go to edit the chmod so I stop getting this message?

spottedhog

I had that problem......

The problem appears to be that some webhosts, like Servage, have some kind of Apache code put in so that any files named "temp" are not created or allowed permissions to allow files to be extracted to it.

A workaround is to open the Sources/Packages.php file, and replace /Packages/temp/  with: /Packages/tmp/ or something similar.

Hope this helps......

Joe1221

I changed every instance of packages/temp to packages/tmp and I am still having the same problem.

If it helps I am running my own server called WAMP.

Any other ideas?

QueenTiye

OH boy!  This is a 31 page thread! Can someone summarize where we are now?

1. Are we still in beta, or is this an actual release?  Does it work for SMF 1.1.2?  How about for TinyPortal & SMF together?

2. What is the current feature list/description? 

3. What I want to do with a mod is have users above a certain level of posting enabled to share a revenue pool - so I want to pay my "subscribers."  Can you tell me if this modification can do this (share out a pool of money amongst all subscribers?) Can I tell it how much to share at each level? I.e., can member group 1 get 50%, member group 2 15% and member group 3 10%? 

Thanks!

QT

RebelRose

Yes it works in SMF and Tiny Portal.

Can the layout be modified, if so what template would I modify?

FMSUser

QuoteOH boy!  This is a 31 page thread! Can someone summarize where we are now?

1. Are we still in beta, or is this an actual release?  Does it work for SMF 1.1.2?  How about for TinyPortal & SMF together?

2. What is the current feature list/description? 
I'll second that request, although I will be adding it to a test install to see what it is like anyway. :)

Best regards,
FMSUser.

RebelRose

Quote from: RebelRose on April 21, 2007, 07:29:12 PM
Can the layout be modified, if so what template would I modify?

I would really like to know if the layout can be modified and if so what template would I need to edit for modifications.

Soulgirl

Super super modification!  I just hope people use it :D

kroxx

Hi there,

When trying to install this mod I get the following error:
Fatal error: packageinstall() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'C:\xampp\htdocs\forum/Packages/temp/./paidsubsdb.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\Sources\Packages.php on line 552

I've tried with a completely clean install of 1.1.2.
Tried changing php from 5.x to 4.x

Nothing works.

After it gives that error I'm no longer able to install or uninstall any other mod. Gives me the following error:
"You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!"
But everything is writeable, believe me.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
kroxx

3mrhythm

i have a question..

i have a group called ASM (annual supporting members)  and i just spear headed  my asm mafia .. basically a group within the  asm group to help police the forum and such.. without extra privies  just that they are kinda there to mediate.. but i want to have a special logo for them  different from the asm logo that i have now.

I have setup a seperate membergroup "asm mafia"

so when a member is inducted into the mafia i put thier name in that member group and make that group thier primary group. However i want thier paid subscription to still end  a year from when they started and  if they are in this new group (based off of the asm group) its not a paid subscription.. is there a way to link the new group to the  original asm group so that when thier asm subscription is up or not renewed that it will bump them from the asm mafia group as well?

thanks.. hope that makes sense
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

Advertisement: