Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

CountryFlags

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 14, 2006, 01:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueSatan

Quote from: hadesflames on June 29, 2007, 01:37:16 PM
update for 1.1.3 coming soon?

Your posting suggests that you didn't try using the mod before making it!

The mod is already compatible with SMF 1.1.3

hadesflames

i did try using the mod with 1.1.3 and it didnt work for me.

Pox

This is awesome! It even works with 1.1.3!

Make sure you get the most up to date fix for the Mod and it should work just fine.

Thanks for this Jay! You rock.

TrueSatan

Quote from: hadesflames on June 29, 2007, 04:19:57 PM
i did try using the mod with 1.1.3 and it didnt work for me.

Your bug report gives no clue as to what problems occured when you tried to use the mod so there's no advice I can offer you to resolve them.

hadesflames

!!Error in Package Installation

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test failed

TrueSatan

The problem you have quoted is not an issue, a bug or an error with this mod it merely means that another mod you have already installed has edited a file that this mod seeks to edit and thus you will have to perform a manual installation.

Please read http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

hadesflames

yea i figured that out, but i hadnt before cuzz i just saw the error and i didnt bother reading it ^_^

sixu

I have a problem, I have no error messages during installation, it's just that nothing shows up afterward.

It is meant to show up next to the "Karma" link in "features" right? If so, there's nothing there. :(

I'm on tiny portal 0.9.8 and SMF 1.1.3

TrueSatan

QuoteIt is meant to show up next to the "Karma" link in "features" right?

Wrong! Look in ACP>Features and Options>Basic Features

brianjw

TrueSatan is right. You have to turn Countryflags mod on to work ;)

folkandfaith

Can we change the flags already in use in it or add other, more decentralised countries yet?

TrueSatan

If you wish to make custom edits to the code you have always been able to do so....your "decentralised countries" would appear to come under this heading...likewise you can make custom changes to the flags for your own use.

djrichards

When I first installed this mod it worked great and the users of my international forum loved it. However, somewhere along the way with one of the SMF upgrades it ceased to work and doesn't even show up on the options page (The database settings are still in place).

When I reinstall, everything seems to go OK but it doesn't work at all. When I try to uninstall I get erros on numerous files.

Any suggestions?

brianjw

You say nothing appears, have you turned on the mod in the Features and options? Extract the zip or targz file (whatever it is) and open the Package-info.xml file - see if it has 1.1.3 listed anywhere in there, if it doesn't.. it hasn't been updated for 1.1.3. You can manually install if you would like by going to the other xml file. And following what file to open up. What to search for and what to add before, after, replace ;)

TrueSatan

Please don't do what Brianjw has suggested. This mod is not version specific thus it already supports SMF 1.1.3 and thus the advice given is incorrect and inappropriate. This compatibility with SMF 1.1.3 was stated, by me, in earlier postings above.

@ djrichards

The SMF 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 upgrade appears to have overwritten some of the edits this mod makes...as you, correctly, say in your posting. Unfortunately the course of action you took to remedy the problem has only made it worse.

Had you not tried re-installing it might be more likely that uninstalling the SMF upgrade would let you sort this out more easily.

You should have backed up your files and database prior to adding or removing any mod or theme (especially an SMF upgrade)...had you done so then reverting to the backup would have let you uninstall this mod, install the SMF upgrade and then reinstall this mod...all would then have been well.

Given the situation you are now in you should follow the advice from the official SMF documentation and do a manual installation of this mod ensuring that you don't have multiple copies of the code from this mod edited into your files. You should then find that it will work properly again.

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

folkandfaith

Quote from: TrueSatan on July 03, 2007, 03:59:20 AM
If you wish to make custom edits to the code you have always been able to do so....your "decentralised countries" would appear to come under this heading...likewise you can make custom changes to the flags for your own use.

Can you tell me how I do these things please? Sorry if it is covered in the previous posts. I didn't see it.

TrueSatan

You would need to add suitable lines to the array the mod adds to Subs.php and add any new flags images of size 25x15 px to the flags directory naming them with a two letter designator the same as you specify in your addition to the array.

JOSHSKORN

I've installed this mod on my SMF 1.1.3 forums w/ TP 0.9.8.3.  It seems to work fine, BUT, in previous experience w/ this mod before the release of 1.1.3, I was able to click on a country and it showed the flag.  Now, it just flashes it on the screen on the next line instead of next to it and then the image goes away.

Can someone help?  I'll post whatever files are necessary.

TrueSatan

I've just set up a fresh install with the configuration you have stated and the problem you report did not replicate in it. I suspect that you have either got corrupt files somewhere (probably in a theme) or a clash with another mod.

I have seen instances where the upgrade to SMF 1.1.3 has caused problems so that may be at the root of your issue.

You might try the configuration you report in a fresh test forum for yourself to prove the point if you wish.

If you have some file corruption then a replacement of the files of your forum might be the best route...you could replace the theme files but to be certain you'd probably be best to replace all the SMF installation files (meaning not replacing directories added by mods such as arcade or gallery or tp-downloads etc)...you must also not replace Settings.php or Settings_bak.php in the forum root. You would replace all the other main SMF directories and files with those from the SMF 1.1.3 installation pack.

This would not affect your database to no posts would be lost...you would, however, need to add all your mods and themes again.

This process would give you a completely fresh set of main files.

I'm quite certain that the mod does work properly with SMF 1.1.3 and TP 0.9.8.3

tupaz

i get error when i try to install it :

Execute Modification     ./Sources/ModSettings.php     Test failed

Advertisement: