News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

IPB Convert Problem

Started by NoS-GR, August 15, 2006, 09:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoS-GR

Hello team, i had IPB2.1.4 version and i get this error at convert:

QuoteConverting...
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT
    t.tid AS ID_TOPIC, t.pinned AS isSticky, t.forum_id AS ID_BOARD,
    t.starter_id AS ID_MEMBER_STARTED, t.last_poster_id AS ID_MEMBER_UPDATED,
    pl.pid AS ID_POLL, t.posts AS numReplies, t.views AS numViews,
    MIN(p.pid) AS ID_FIRST_MSG, MAX(p.pid) AS ID_LAST_MSG,
    t.state = 'closed' AS locked
    FROM (`karvouna`.ibf_topics AS t, `karvouna`.ibf_posts AS p)
    LEFT JOIN `karvouna`.ibf_polls AS pl ON (pl.tid = t.tid)
    WHERE p.topic_id = t.tid
    GROUP BY t.tid
    HAVING ID_FIRST_MSG != 0
    AND ID_LAST_MSG != 0
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 't.tid' in 'field list'

Converter asks for table "ibf_topics" that doesn't exist in 2.1.4, so i renamed ibf_messages_topics to ibf_topics but i get this error.. any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

NoS

青山 素子

Probably because the table structure is different. I've been messing with IPB conversions recently, so if no one else has time, I might be able to help out fixing the converter. (I'm really really busy right now, so it might be a bit.)
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

NoS-GR

thank you man,

If someone else can help me please do it, because it's a big problem ;)

NoS-GR

I forgot to say that my IPB version is 2.1.4,

Thanks in advance,

NoS

青山 素子

Ah, the lovely 2.1.4 version. The IPB folks changed code in 2.1.3 so older 2.1 converters wouldn't work (I see no oher reason for their changes). I'm actually working on the convrter for that, so give it a spin. You can find my 2.1.3 changes in this thread. Make sure to use the convert.php in the stickied RC2 thread.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

NoS-GR

I did all the things you said, but again i got the same error.. here is the error msg..:

Invision Power Board 2.1.3 to SMF Converter
Converting...
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT
    t.tid AS ID_TOPIC, t.pinned AS isSticky, t.forum_id AS ID_BOARD,
    t.starter_id AS ID_MEMBER_STARTED, t.last_poster_id AS ID_MEMBER_UPDATED,
    pl.pid AS ID_POLL, t.posts AS numReplies, t.views AS numViews,
    MIN(p.pid) AS ID_FIRST_MSG, MAX(p.pid) AS ID_LAST_MSG,
    t.state = 'closed' AS locked
    FROM (`karvouna`.ibf_topics AS t, `karvouna`.ibf_posts AS p)
    LEFT JOIN `karvouna`.ibf_polls AS pl ON (pl.tid = t.tid)
    WHERE p.topic_id = t.tid
    GROUP BY t.tid
    HAVING ID_FIRST_MSG != 0
    AND ID_LAST_MSG != 0
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 't.tid' in 'field list'
Waiting for your updates ;)

青山 素子

* Motoko-chan sighs

Stupid IPB. Confirm you are using 2.1.4 and if so, send me a db dump from it. Once I get the 2.1.3 one working, I'll start on yours.

Right now, I'm only getting fre dev time on the weekends, so I may not have updates on your situation until Sunday (unless I can find some free time at the office).

Do NOT post a link to the dump in this thread.
Motoko-chan

NoS-GR

what do you mean with "dumb?" a backup of my site?

青山 素子

Just a copy of the database for IPB.
Motoko-chan

NoS-GR

You have a pm with db.. Please let me know the proggress of your work,

Thanks in advance,
NoS

NoS-GR

青山 素子

Quote from: Motoko-chan on August 16, 2006, 12:31:09 AM
Right now, I'm only getting fre dev time on the weekends, so I may not have updates on your situation until Sunday (unless I can find some free time at the office).

Please note the above quote. Don't worry, I have this thread marked so I won't forget it.

Anyway, I just finished with the modifications for 2.1.3 yesterday (I had some time), so you are next in line.
Motoko-chan

NoS-GR

OK man, i am waiting for your news ;)

Thanks a lot ;)

青山 素子

Your db dump was incomplete. It looks like there were some problems on export.

Can't open file: 'ibf_task_logs.MYI'. (errno: 145)

BTW,

MySQL error code 145: Table was marked as crashed and should be repaired

You'll want to run a repair on the database tables before trying another export.

I'll work with what is still good, plus a clean copy of the IPB table strucure for now.

Update: Actually, the dump failed before it got to the topics table, so I'm thinking that is likely the reason you are having conversion problems. Repair the tables and then run the 2.1.3 converter again.

Update 2: Based on experiments, it looks like some of the post code for IPB changed again.... *sigh*. I'll need data to test against.
Motoko-chan

NoS-GR

I cannot understand what i have to do now.. :/

(I have another backup from IPB CP, if this could help)

Otherwise, how can i repair my sql? Just with a repair tool?

P.S. You know any good repair toolkit to download?

青山 素子

Do you have access to phpMyAdmin from cPanel? If so, use it, then select the database (if it isn't already selected). You will see a list of tables on the right part of the tool. Scroll down to the bottom, and click the "Check All" link. Then, in the dropdown to the right, choose "Repair Tables".
Motoko-chan

NoS-GR

i don't have cpanel, i have access in phpmyadmin directly. So i will try your way and i will message you..

After the repair i will use 2.1.3_to_smf.sql or something else?

NoS-GR

I did the repair, it didn't repair anything..

青山 素子

You sure? If all is well, it should have simply said "ok" on repairing that table.
Motoko-chan

NoS-GR

Yeah, it had an "ok" next to the table..

So?.. what i have to do now?

青山 素子

Do an export now and send it over.
Motoko-chan

NoS-GR

NoS-GR

青山 素子

I'll be working on it as soon as I can. I have a project deadline on Monday the 28th, so my attention is focused on the work that keeps a roof over my head and an internet connection to my machine.
Motoko-chan

NoS-GR

OK man, im waiting for your news.. you know the db is from a gaming site and it's offline for 1 + 1/2 weeks so... :/

Advertisement: