News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Global Announcements

Started by JayBachatero, August 15, 2006, 02:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: NBG on February 02, 2009, 11:10:53 PM
I am working in a new mod with the same idea , so please wait a little bit.

The first version is awaiting approval

Thanks really cool. I was waiting for 2.0.4 release.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

drhamad

I'll give it a shot if NBG's doesn't do what's needed.  Hopefully his does it though.
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

Don Pepito

It would be nice to add option of replying to announcements...

Nibogo

The v1 have some little bugs , I am fixing this bugs , are not a big deal , also I have 12 mods released and 3 waiting approval. I hope of the mod will be released in this week.

drhamad

Thanks NIBOGO.  I look forward to hearing more when it is approved.
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

Don Pepito

NIBOGO, when your mod (announcement) will be done..??
Tnx....

Don Pepito

One more question...
What advantages provides that mod, comparing it with GA mod...??
What are new functions...??

Nibogo

YAGAM - RELEASED!!!

Any comment , suggest or anything about the yagam mod please in the yagam support topic

PLEASE LEFT THIS TOPIC FOR THE GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS MOD BY JAY

Lamarck

Nice MOD,Nibogo...I will test It.

Blinker

Just to let you know that since I'm running 1.1.8 I couldn't use YAGAM but this one installed and runs perfectly (even on my custom theme).

Nice work Jay, I can't believe I didn't install this ages ago, it could have come in handy so many times!

Nibogo

Quote from: Blinker on March 03, 2009, 04:19:22 AM
Just to let you know that since I'm running 1.1.8 I couldn't use YAGAM but this one installed and runs perfectly (even on my custom theme).

Nice work Jay, I can't believe I didn't install this ages ago, it could have come in handy so many times!

mmm I am thinking of the problem is of YAGAM was designed for SMF 2.0 but I am not 100% sure  ::) ::)

Blinker

Quote from: NIBOGO on March 03, 2009, 02:48:03 PM
Quote from: Blinker on March 03, 2009, 04:19:22 AM

mmm I am thinking of the problem is of YAGAM was designed for SMF 2.0 but I am not 100% sure  ::) ::)

Hey NIBOGO, no need for sarcasm dude...you've misinterpreted my post.

I KNOW YAGAM was written for 2.0 only, that's why I didn't even make any attempt to install it because I run 1.1.8.

Another reason I bothered to post at all was so that other 1.1.8 users would know it will work for them because it hasn't been updated for a while.  :)

vertese

Hi,
Looks great, can I use it with 1.1.9?

Also could you please explain what it will do.  I would like it to be like sticky but remain at the top of last messages, for very important topic.
thanks

Nibogo

Quote from: vertese on June 05, 2009, 09:28:34 AM
Hi,
Looks great, can I use it with 1.1.9?

Also could you please explain what it will do.  I would like it to be like sticky but remain at the top of last messages, for very important topic.
thanks

Works great on SMF 1.1.9 just change the version in the package-info.xml

Joe N

Hi

I am using smf 1.1.9

One quick question, where do you change the settings?

Joe
Microsoft: "We Need to Imagine Life Without Walls."
I Say: "If There are No Walls Who needs Windows."

My Mods (6) All My Mods Updated To SMF 2.0 RC2 and SMF 1.1.10!

vertese

Rubyforlife

Hello, I just installed this on 1.1.9 and immediately two errors popped up in the log:

8: Undefined index: global_announcements_mods
File: /home/x/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2820

followed by:

8: Undefined index: global_announcements_admin
File: /home/x/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2822

What do they mean?  :)

Mmm...also got this:

http://www.[site].com/forum/index.php?action=globalAnnouncementsAdmin;sa=credits
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
2: file_get_contents(http://jaybachatero.com/global_announcements.xml) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found

File: /home/x/public_html/forum/Sources/GlobalAnnouncementsAdmin.php
Line: 645

I'm also having trouble modifying the file in my custom theme, I can't find the line that it specifies in the first post of this thread. 

<search for>
   // Create the button set...
   $normal_buttons = array(
</search for>

This doesn't show up in the theme I'm using, kelo-lt119v1

ElectroPheonix

Quote from: Joe N on June 06, 2009, 04:06:28 AM
Hi

I am using smf 1.1.9

One quick question, where do you change the settings?

Joe

In your Admin CP, left hand side column you have:

Main, Configuration, Forum, Members, Maintenance, Mods = >Global Announcements

If it installed peoperly, you will see it if you are using default theme... If you are using a custom theme then you'll have to tinker with some files. I had to...

Or you can access it by http://yoursite.com/index.php?action=globalAnnouncementsAdmin

Anyways, I have a small problem in sorting the global announcements once they are made. My sorting doesn't seem to work. Is there a way of changing the default sorting method? (in which file)
Thanks

Cal O'Shaw

I'm having resource issues with my ISP and have been slimming down the site trying to fix it.  I uninstalled this MOD but it looks like it left two tables in my database.

Can I DROP those tables or is there a script I need to use to remove any additional fields in other tables?

Grazie,

Cal

Advertisement: