SMF having problems

Started by Bigguy, August 16, 2006, 01:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kai920

I didn't keep track but it appears to have been random.  I'll keep an eye out to see if any pattern emerges.

edit -just got it again, while clicking on this page. First I got the single-column error page... then a refresh brought me to the wider layout... and THEN a refresh finally brought me to the page. Maybe it's just me  :-\

PS. I have cleared my cache. Using Firefox. Anything I'm missing?

Remaker

Ok... what's the problem?

I'm now using a proxy to connect to simplemachines.org , because it's just not loading , I can't even ping the domain or the ip.  THis is happening for 3 days + now.
At first, I believed that you did a DNS change or something, but it's not working after 3 days, and I can't even ping the ip of simplemachines.org

The strange part is , that I can access the site, from everywhere except from my network.

What's happening?
Remaker - My blog - Actualitate.net

agent14

I got a 404 when I tried to load the forums...then when I tried www.simplemachines.org I got an Apache installation successful message. I'm guessing that the guys switched servers?
www.anmartech.com
www.forums.anmartech.com

SleePy

SMF site is having some problems... look at this..
but focus on the page load at the bottom..

a 51 second page load.. that can not be good for the system..
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

dschwab9

We're currently doing some debugging and just recompiled apache and PHP to add a module.   There was a period where apache had a default config file, which is why you got the Apache page.

dschwab9

Quote from: Remaker on August 19, 2006, 10:37:12 AM
Ok... what's the problem?

I'm now using a proxy to connect to simplemachines.org , because it's just not loading , I can't even ping the domain or the ip.  THis is happening for 3 days + now.
At first, I believed that you did a DNS change or something, but it's not working after 3 days, and I can't even ping the ip of simplemachines.org

The strange part is , that I can access the site, from everywhere except from my network.

What's happening?

PM me your IP address please.    All I can see is the IP of your proxy.   There were a couple of blocks of IP's blocked the other day because someone was attempting to brute force our server.   I suspect your IP may be in one of those blocks.

Advertisement: