vReportBoard Mod

Started by Valodim, August 21, 2006, 07:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SONSiVRi

Quote from: [SAP]Francis on November 16, 2007, 08:50:44 PM
Nice but, when you report, you get one more post. -_-

Its easy to disable "count posts" in board settings if you want.

Quote from: shadow16 on December 06, 2007, 03:52:20 PM
Having some problems with this package...
It says it's installed but I can't find it anywhere, nothing in features and options and reporting threads do nothing.

If it helps, I'm not using the default theme.

be sure to set CHMOD 0777 related files will be patched. it says installed but its not install cause of permissions arent set. There should be settings in "Features and Options".
My Mods - IP View Permission - Recycle Bin Cleaner - Ip to Country
www.sonsivri.com - microcontrollers
- Houston, we have a problem.

Eisenhorn

I just tried installing this mod on my SMF 1.1.4 with TP 0.98 and it failed the check on Managepermissions.

Tried using the default one, still failed. Any ideas?

Edit : Figured my way around by manually modifying the file. Thanks (read through the 15 pages of stuff:D)

RickJ

I installed this mod (we're using 1.1.4) but I don't see a setting in Features and Options to tell it what board to post the reports in.

Am I missing something that's staring me in the face?  :-[
Rick.

(I do search before asking, so please pardon me if I missed something :) )

RickJ

PS.  I just did a test report using a test user...and after clicking Submit, the user gets an error...simply

"An Error Has Occurred!"
Rick.

drgnfireinferno

You messed up on the modifications file. somewhere (more than one spot) you have a parse error. I found one. At the very end you put <</modification>.

"How to beat yourself up, and make it look like a sporting accident too."

RickJ

???
All I did was install it from the Packages page.  I did not edit any files. I've since uninstalled it realizing that there is more to do to make it work with our theme.
Rick.

drgnfireinferno

Quote from: RickJ on January 11, 2008, 07:57:40 AM
???
All I did was install it from the Packages page.  I did not edit any files. I've since uninstalled it realizing that there is more to do to make it work with our theme.

That message wasn't directed towards you. It was directed towards the creator, Valodim.

shinji257

There is a conflict between this mod and the akismet spam filter and reason for editing mods.  They both edit this section:

ID_MSG, icon, subject, posterTime, posterIP, ID_MEMBER, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body,
smileysEnabled, posterName, posterEmail,
ID_MSG_MODIFIED < $topicinfo[new_from] AS isRead
FROM {$db_prefix}messages
WHERE ID_MSG IN (" . implode(',', $messages) . ")
ORDER BY ID_MSG" . (empty($options['view_newest_first']) ? '' : ' DESC'), __FILE__, __LINE__);

So... mine actually looked like the following:
                $messages_request = db_query("
                        SELECT
                                ID_MSG, icon, subject, posterTime, posterIP, ID_MEMBER, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, edit_reason,
                                smileysEnabled, posterName, posterEmail, spam,
                                ID_MSG_MODIFIED < $topicinfo[new_from] AS isRead
                        FROM {$db_prefix}messages
                        WHERE ID_MSG IN (" . implode(',', $messages) . ")
{$spamclause}                   ORDER BY ID_MSG" . (empty($options['view_newest_first']) ? '' : ' DESC'), __FILE__, __LINE__);

Based on a few assumptions as to how this code was being modified I found the following to be best but it isn't tested.  I'm just assuming it will work.  Guess I will find out when I go to bring up a post...

*steps away a bit*
Oops.  Looks like the akismet stuff is broken.  Now I need to figure out where {$spamclause} is going to so I can fix it.

EDIT:
Ok.  $spamclause is defined directly above the statement but I can't get it to work right...

// ---- Begin Akismet Mod 1.0 ----
                // If 'spam=true' was passed as a GET variable, show spam messages. This is done straight after the spammer posts
                // Otherwise, don't show spam (normally).
                $spamclause = (!isset($_GET['spam'])) ? ' AND spam = 0' : '';
                // ---- End Akismet Mod 1.0 ----

I've tried re-defining spam as m.spam and different combinations but it seems that the issue is the sql query fails.  It seems that $spamclause just drops in an additional bit to the sql query that completely breaks it.  I took out the spam related checks and it finishes fine now but of course the message isn't being marked as spam anymore.

EDIT 2: I've rolled back all my mods including vReportBoard and took out Akismet Spam Blocking which is the conflicting modification.  I'll speak with the author of that mod about making it compatible with vReportBoard as it is the way it is inserted into the sql query that causes them to conflict.  Reason for Edit mod can be made compatible.  I'll post up the replacement code in a minute.  I'm still re-applying all the mods

shinji257

Ok.  I'll just post this seperately.  This will make Reason for Editing mod and vReportBoard work with each other.  A small manual edit to Display.php is required before and after installation of vReportBoard.  If you do not do the first part of this then vReportBoard will not install properly (Display.php will not be changed).

Now then keep in mind to do these changes in reverse order if you intend of uninstalling vReportBoard.  Otherwise the uninstall will fail too.  This is not supported by the author of either vReportBoard or Reason for Editing mods and you take your own risk with this.  Backup your database and files before proceeding.

Prior to installation:

Display.php update to make vReportBoard and Reason for Edit to work together.

Find:
ID_MSG, icon, subject, posterTime, posterIP, ID_MEMBER, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, edit_reason,

Replace with:
ID_MSG, icon, subject, posterTime, posterIP, ID_MEMBER, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body,

After installation:

Find:
m.ID_MSG, m.icon, m.subject, m.posterTime, m.posterIP, m.ID_MEMBER, m.modifiedTime, m.modifiedName, m.body,

Replace with:
m.ID_MSG, m.icon, m.subject, m.posterTime, m.posterIP, m.ID_MEMBER, m.modifiedTime, m.modifiedName, m.body, m.edit_reason

HecKel

Hey!

I've been using this MOD for some time, but now I have one "problem"..., some of my moderators don't appear on the community as they use to be, and they asked if there is any way that the reports comes to email too.

My idea is one new (profile) options to receive the reports on email or not, this can be done?

If not, how can I change the mod to send the reports to the email and to the board?
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

shinji257

Ok.  Any way I can make local moderators have access to the forums where reports are getting posted?  Right now I have 3 groups that can take care of the reports.  Global Moderators, Jr. Administrators (like the admin but can't do everything in the admin panel), and Administrators.  I would like any local moderator to be able to check out and handle reports for their own forum if possible.  Global Moderator and Jr. Administrator status is something that will be earned over time but Moderator status to a local forum can be voted on probably.  Note my forum isn't done but I would like this ability if possible.  Emailing the local moderators along with the post is something I am willing to do as well instead of giving them access.  Oh and the Solve/Unsolve permissions can't be set for local moderators it seems.

EDIT: I figured it out.  Setup a new group named Moderator (or whatever you want) and give them permission to access those boards.  This group will contain all the local board moderators.  The group permissions should not contain any actual moderator permissions.  They will get this from the other Moderator entry that just does those items.  Then they will inherit it from being a board moderator.  When they go to a board they are not supposed to moderate they will not have any moderation permissions.  I would suggest setting up local permissions for the board where the reports will be going to.  This will allow you to control what is done in those specific boards.

shinji257

Ok.  This one is a new reply here.

Bug report:  I found that vReportBoard apparently keeps track of the topic number a report is done to.  Therefore if the same post is reported it goes to the original report topic.  However there is a bug with that.  If the original topic report is deleted then the post report will end up attaching to a non-existent topic.  I did manage to reproduce this myself.

Mods currently installed:
1. SMF_Wordpress 1.09
2. Reason For Editing Mod 1.14
3. Seo 4 SMF 0.2.9.9
4. SMF Archive1.1
5. Board Viewers Mod 1.2
6. Global Announcements 1.0
7. Integrate Lightbox 1.4
8. PhpInfo 1.1
9. vReportBoard Mod 1.03
10.GeSHiSmf 0.1.4
11.Add PM Info To header (v1.0) 1.0
12.Admin Notepad 1.0
13.Member Notepad 1.0
14.Ad Revenue Sharing 1.2
15.Admin Lock Thread 1.2
16.Profil Moderator Managment 1.0.0
17.RSS Feed Icon 1.1

I had to do a small special step (as I posted above) to get the "Reason for Editing Mod" to work with vReportBoard.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I like the mod, but seems it just won't go through the package parser, so that I could try to translate this - or make it work with other themes... :(
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

HellForge

I'm having some really strange FTP error while installing this mod.
I downloaded it and was able to uppload it just fine, but when i'm about to apply the mod it says:

QuoteFTP Information Required
Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.
So i type in my FTP account information and choose "Proseed" but return to the same message.
The i figured wth so i started my FTP client and 777 the dir's affected but still can't install it.
Any ideas?

Edit: Forgot to include that i'm using SMF 1.1.4

drgnfireinferno

Quote from: HellForge on January 29, 2008, 09:20:50 AM
I downloaded it and was able to uppload it just fine, but when i'm about to apply the mod it says:

Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.
So i type in my FTP account information and choose "Proseed" but return to the same message.
The i figured wth so i started my FTP client and 777 the dir's affected but still can't install it.
Any ideas?

This is something you should probably talk to your server host about.

HellForge

Quote from: drgnfireinferno on January 29, 2008, 09:58:38 AM
Quote from: HellForge on January 29, 2008, 09:20:50 AM

Any ideas?

This is something you should probably talk to your server host about.

Okay, i did that and they told me i should use an ftp client to edit the chmod... This is beginning to become a pain in the @£$#% for me.
Is it too much to ask for someone to make a quick guide on how to install this manually?
I'm not really that keen on php.

drgnfireinferno

open the modification file and search for the text within the search tags and do with it what it says. It's pretty straight forward.

HellForge

Okay I've managed to do all the file edits required, but i can't understand the sql stuff that needs to be done properly.
I'm still just beginning to learn all this stuff but just this once could someone please just spoon feed me with the queries needed?

I would really appreciate it!

Chriss Cohn

This is a outstanding mod and its working just perfect!!!!!
Thank you very much for this.... couldn't find any problem/issues so far and its working perfect even with SEF-URLS

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: shinji257 on January 28, 2008, 04:04:25 AM
Ok.  This one is a new reply here.

Bug report:  I found that vReportBoard apparently keeps track of the topic number a report is done to.  Therefore if the same post is reported it goes to the original report topic.  However there is a bug with that.  If the original topic report is deleted then the post report will end up attaching to a non-existent topic.  I did manage to reproduce this myself.
I just found out about the same thing.

I use a board where deleted posts go to wait for me to check them,
and just noticed that if someone reports a post, that has already been reported, solved and the orig. report deleted - then the new report ends up with the deleted old one to the recycle -board.

Didn't try though, what would happen if the deleted old report would not be there anyore...

Was I clear enough? I'm a bit tired, sorry...
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: