vReportBoard Mod

Started by Valodim, August 21, 2006, 07:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

Quote from: HunterP on November 28, 2010, 07:07:49 AM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on November 28, 2010, 06:39:27 AMChange the $message part to $txt.

I guess the variable $message was used in an older version of SMF.

Are you sure? I'm using 1.1.12 and if I change $message to $txt, the 'if' would test for content in the variable $txt['can_solve'], which can't be correct... But you've got me thinking, probably it should be $context['can_solve'], which doen't give me any more errors :)
That could also work, yes.
But mostly mods use the $txt variables to change text per language :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

HunterP

I've been using this modification for a few weeks now (GREAT MOD!), but I notice that apostrophes get escaped in the posted message.

For example "I don't like 'Wikileaks' at all" will be posted as "I don\'t like \'Wikileaks\' at all".

Any ideas?

Sakae

Any plans for SMF 2 upgrade?
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

MaXiForum.cz

HunterP

Quote from: HunterP on December 11, 2010, 07:32:08 PMI've been using this modification for a few weeks now (GREAT MOD!), but I notice that apostrophes get escaped in the posted message.

For example "I don't like 'Wikileaks' at all" will be posted as "I don\'t like \'Wikileaks\' at all"

Solved!

Code (find) Select
$message = $form_message . "\n[b]" . $txt['report_comment'] . "[/b]" . htmlspecialchars($_POST['comment'], ENT_QUOTES);

Code (replace by) Select
$message = $form_message . "\n[b]" . $txt['report_comment'] . "[/b]" . htmlspecialchars(stripslahes($_POST['comment']), ENT_QUOTES);

Thanks to Kays in Incorrect escaping of apostrophes

hcfwesker

Quote from: MaXiForum.cz on December 27, 2010, 01:56:25 AM
Quote from: Sakae on December 26, 2010, 09:48:25 PM
Any plans for SMF 2 upgrade?

SMF 2.0 have better system ;)

True, it has its own system built in.  But having a staff specific board for reports to be posted in made it so much better for staff to discuss certain reports in the reported topic that was created.

sharks

Quote from: HunterP on January 08, 2011, 12:56:17 AM
Quote from: HunterP on December 11, 2010, 07:32:08 PMI've been using this modification for a few weeks now (GREAT MOD!), but I notice that apostrophes get escaped in the posted message.

For example "I don't like 'Wikileaks' at all" will be posted as "I don\'t like \'Wikileaks\' at all"

Solved!

Code (find) Select
$message = $form_message . "\n[b]" . $txt['report_comment'] . "[/b]" . htmlspecialchars($_POST['comment'], ENT_QUOTES);

Code (replace by) Select
$message = $form_message . "\n[b]" . $txt['report_comment'] . "[/b]" . htmlspecialchars(stripslahes($_POST['comment']), ENT_QUOTES);

Thanks to Kays in Incorrect escaping of apostrophes

What file to edit?

HunterP

sharks

HunterP

Bugreport; when a user clicks twice on the submit-button, the report gets posted twice.

NanoSector

Quote from: HunterP on February 27, 2011, 07:30:44 AM

Bugreport; when a user clicks twice on the submit-button, the report gets posted twice.
Which is normal; wouldn't a dog eat two cookies if you gave him two?
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Arantor

It's inconsistent with SMF generally, everything else is geared to only allowing one post at a time...

HunterP

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on February 27, 2011, 12:23:35 PM
Which is normal; wouldn't a dog eat two cookies if you gave him two?

If it's normal, please tell me what the function checkSubmitOnce() is for?

Arantor

It's not normal. checkSubmitOnce should be being called once in the form (with 'register') and once in the receiving page ('check', IIRC) to ensure that it's a single hit.

HunterP

Quote from: Arantor on February 27, 2011, 01:33:03 PM
It's not normal. checkSubmitOnce should be being called once in the form (with 'register') and once in the receiving page ('check', IIRC) to ensure that it's a single hit.

That's what I thought, but I'm not sure how and where to modify :(

MOD still supported? I really like it, though  8)

NanoSector

Quote from: Arantor on February 27, 2011, 01:33:03 PM
Not every mod has this implemented. That's why it can be normal.

HunterP

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on February 27, 2011, 03:24:48 PM
Not every mod has this implemented. That's why it can be normal.

So that might explain why not all dogs eat more than one cookie ;)

sharks

Just wondering, has the "Incorrect escaping of apostrophes" issue from SMF 1.1.x been resolved in SMF 2.0?

And is there any possibility of this core functionality getting patched in a future bug-fix release of 1.1.x branch?

Arantor

QuoteJust wondering, has the "Incorrect escaping of apostrophes" issue from SMF 1.1.x been resolved in SMF 2.0?

That sounds like a mod issue, SMF 1.1 itself has no issues with apostrophes, it's up to the mod author to ensure apostrophes are handled properly. But it was made *much* easier for mod authors in 2.0.

QuoteAnd is there any possibility of this core functionality getting patched in a future bug-fix release of 1.1.x branch?

There might if there were any such bugs (especially security related) in 1.1.x itself, but there aren't.

coldy316

will this mod ever be updated for the new forum software like smf 2.0 RC3 , RC4, RC5....
Would you believe it that i live in gods country
Australia

Advertisement: