News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Yabb2 to SMF

Started by Scott_T, August 24, 2006, 01:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott_T

Does my Yabb board have to be online for me to convert? What I mean is can I backup my board to my local machine, which does not have perl, but does have a fully functional SMF running with WAMP(windows, apache, mysql, php)?

Not sure if the convert php scripts need to have a running YABB or simply the data/directories?

I tried and it failed, but I am unsure if the failure was caused by not having the yabb board running or that I upgraded Yabb a few times and things might be a bit goofed up from that. My Yabb forum runs fine in production.

Regards,
Scott
True-Grit American Bulldogs - http://true-grit.org

青山 素子

It doesn't need to be functional. All that is needed of the old stuff is the database on a working MySQL server and the config file for the old board in the right place (in the forum structure).

Wait, YaBB... That is flatfile. I'm not familiar with the converter for that, but you'd also likely need to be able to access the posts however they are stored. This might mean it needs Perl (and/or BDB?)to access the structures.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

J. Williams

I think these would be of some use:

Yabb 2 to 1.0.x Converter
Yabb 2 to 1.1 RC 3 Converter

Since its flatfile, I would suspect it needs chmod permissions on the files :P
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Advertisement: