mod_rewrite 301

Started by destalk, December 11, 2005, 12:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

300c

There`s another Problem...

Urls like topic,#topicid.html could not be rewritten to topic,#topicid.0.html

This is very nesserary to prevent duplicate content...

Anyone an Idea..?

Arantor

Why can't they be rewritten? That's the standard SEF format in SMF.

300c

Because Googlebot has found these Urls and crawls it every day.

When they can be rewritten - tell me how to...

But your answer is no answer to the question...

I don`t need no why...

Arantor

You said they could not be rewritten. I'm asking why that's the case.

The default SEF format is topic,#topicid.0.html - the 0 is for the number of items in the page. If there are links in topic,#topicid.html format, that's something broken somewhere.

300c

No, theres nothing broken somewhere...

Don`t let us talk about how it is broken (I see often Google Site:Domain-results with the same failure)...

I wanna have an answer how to avoid it...

Arantor

If it's generating that, something IS broken since SEF should never be generating that style of link.

Though a redirect might be able to deal with it if your host allows you access to .htaccess files.

300c

Yeah, a htaccess redirect or a function in the upper lines can solve this...

But please don`t answer again that this is a unique Problem of my forums script.
It is our all scripts problem.

Please don`t ask again in telling any questions...

I wanna have a solution for my answered Question.

@Arantor --> You cannot give an answer with your simple Forum - I have seen it... Please don`t answer in this discussion...

Arantor

Quote from: 300c on November 03, 2009, 06:19:38 PM
@Arantor --> You cannot give an answer with your simple Forum - I have seen it... Please don`t answer in this discussion...

You're right, I don't know anything about SMF despite being currently on the team, having written over 30 modifications for it (of which 6 have been given away to other users). I also wouldn't suggest you try the even more SEF mod called Pretty URLs which also has a ton more redirection in it with allegedly more SEF URLs.

I also don't know, for example, that I cannot reproduce the 'wrong' URLs on 1.1.10, 2.0 RC1.2 or 2.0 RC2 where no mods have been installed.

I also, therefore, wouldn't suggest something in the form of: (assuming your forum is the top level, i.e. domain.com/index.php = forum)
RewriteRule ^/topic,([0-9]+).html topic,$1.0.html [R,L]

But of course, I cannot give you an answer.

300c

Yeah, you could not give any answer...

Your Code did not work - I habe created a code like this before and inserted this in my htaccess

Arantor

I would ask whether your forum is domain.com/index.php like I mentioned? If not, it won't work.

But you've asked me to leave the thread, so I will.

300c

the forums URL ist forum.tld/index.php/forexampletopic,forexamplenumber.xyz.html

JBlaze

No need to attack another member. Now, if English isn't your primary language (as I can tell it isn't) then please feel free to ask in your respective language board.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Advertisement: