Just Installed PHP 5.1.4 On domain, First attempt ever.. help needed please!

Started by mickyd2006, August 24, 2006, 10:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickyd2006

Hey,

I have been having trouble with my hosting because they shut off the fsockopen() in the php.ini
Having now gotten alot of scripts that need to use fockopen() I emailed them to ask them if they could open it for me or if there was another way round the fsockopen() problem by maybe using curl...

They emailed me back the same day and told me I could install my own php and configure it to how I wanted it...

They sent me here http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Installing_PHP5 and I followed the instructions to the letter.

It told me to replace the 4th line where it says insert your domain so I put in the sdomain name that Im needing fsockopen() working on (the location php 5 needs to be)...

Now I'm completely new to this.. i have had some experience messing with php and such but this is completely new to me... I now have a couple of questions..

Under my domain that i specified for the install, I have 2 other subdomains, can I use the php 5 I just installed for those too as they also have scripts that need to use fsockopen()? If so How? It says something about
Quotef you would like to use this single installation with your other domains, you can place a symbolic link (ln -s source target) to /cgi-bin in your other domain roots. Then use the .htaccess AddHandler/Action methods as listed above.

but I dont know how to do this and does it apply to subdomains.... Im not interested too musch at this time with linking this php 5 install to other domains.. I'm more concearned with it working on the subdomians of the domain I installed it into.

Any input would be greatly received!!!!!

High Quality Low Cost CMS Installations - Just-Installs.com

SOHK: School Of Hard Knox - Hard Hitting Lessons In Life

I Wonder:

What Exactly Did The Man Who Invented The Drawing Board Go Back To?
Why Are Disasters Always Described As Great?
What Platform Was Windows Designed On?

mickyd2006

High Quality Low Cost CMS Installations - Just-Installs.com

SOHK: School Of Hard Knox - Hard Hitting Lessons In Life

I Wonder:

What Exactly Did The Man Who Invented The Drawing Board Go Back To?
Why Are Disasters Always Described As Great?
What Platform Was Windows Designed On?

Advertisement: