News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Delete PM's deletes all? Is it the way it's meant to happen?

Started by Tristan Perry, May 11, 2004, 02:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristan Perry

Hi!
  Today on my board I had a lot of PM's. After dealing with them I went to delete all but one of them. Because I had a lot of PM's I clicked on the main checkbox (Next to the 'From' Cell) This ticked all the boxes. I then unticked the checkbox of the PM I wanted to keep and hit delete. This deleted all my PM's even though I didn't have all the checkboxes ticked!
  Is this the way it's meant to happen, or a bug?

[Unknown]

This is already referenced in other topics.  There are two sets of checkboxes... as you can see here, they have been tied together... but, in the release they were not.  Please use select all with care.

-[Unknown]

Tristan Perry

Quote from: [Unknown] on May 11, 2004, 02:23:38 PM
This is already referenced in other topics.  There are two sets of checkboxes... as you can see here, they have been tied together... but, in the release they were not.  Please use select all with care.

-[Unknown]

But shouldn't select all be a way of selecting all, and not a way of deleting everything, whatever you have ticked? It doesn't make sense at the moment.

[Unknown]

Select all selects all the messages.  But, here's the point you're missing again: there are TWO sets of checkboxes.  Select all checks BOTH sets, and then unselecting any only unchecks the ones you uncheck - so here's what happened:

Message you want [    ]
Message you're trashing [ X ]

Message you want [ X ]
Message you're trashing [ X ]

Yes, the first is unchecked - but the second is still checked.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: