News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

PLEASE HELP ME !!!

Started by alexshah, July 17, 2006, 12:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexshah

Dear PEople,

I installed AMber theme on my new site (amber11rc2) and after installing numerous add-on packages everything was fine until I installed this one:

"Install Actions for archive TableFromCsv1-24_SMF1-0-6.zip:
Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Failure
2. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Success
3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/style.css Success
4. Extract File ./Themes/default/sorttable.js "

Now my site is DEAD IN THE WATER !!! - anytime the URL of my site is called ( www.westernspirit.info ) - this appears on a white screen: "Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_IF, expecting ')' in /home/westerns/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 1013"

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME GET RID OF THIS NEW PROBLEM AND GET MY SITE BACK !!!!

I am a newbie to this....

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOU KIND ATTENTION !

ALEX

Dannii

You'll have top tell us which Mods.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

alexshah

Requires FasterParsecode to be installed first.
http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=39

This mod adds a new tag that'll create a table from CSV text. Each line is a row (if there's more than one, the first will be the headers). Values are separated by the separator specified in the tag [table=,]. The resulting table can be sorted by clicking on the column headers.

Copyright 2004 by Cristian Lavaque. http://anguz.net
sorttable.js copyright 2003 by Stuart Langridge. http://www.kryogenix.org

Dannii

That mod is for SMF 1.0 only.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

alexshah

OK SO WHAT DO I DO NOW ?

IS MY SITE LOST?

look how it is now: www.westernspirit.info

OMG....

Dannii

Well replace Subs.php with a working version. If you didn't make a backup, use a fresh one from the install package.

dbrown

1. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Failure

is the key sentence in your post.

See if Subs.php~ exists in your Sources directory. Rename it to Subs.php and then try to access your site. If you can, remove the package that caused the error if you can.
Please do not PM me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses by contacting someone who has a clue. Thank you.

alexshah

How do I access my source directory? I have SMartFTP on and I found it but look:

which one do I change:

I see 2 in there

1) Subs.php (has a text file symbol)

2) Subs.php~ (has no identifiable file type symbol)

WHICH ONE DO I ERASE OR REPLACE?

Dannii

Delete Subs.php, and rename Subs.php~ to Subs.php

alexshah

I just want to THANK YOU from the marrow of my heart for the prompt, benevolent and good-faith HELP which you so generously provided to me tonight ... at least this will help me sleep this late....

I FEEL MUCH OBLIGED TO YOU ALL !!!

please do not hesitate to seek my help or advice on anything that I could be even theoretically of help to you with.

Sincerely yours,

Alex

alexshah

Hello my fellow admins and good people at large!

I love the Theme "amber11rc2" but I have ONE (maybe 2) problem(S) with it:

namely

1) on "current theme settings screen" I cannot change anything because as soon as I hit SAVE button - the entire site changes its theme !?!? to default SMF theme.

What is causing this and how could I get it fixed?

lastly

2) Is there a way to modify the front page of the forum site by adding custom images and text to it?
I feel a bit limited with the pre-existing options that come with themes (or is the edit of themes specific to the theme?)

thanks a bunch for your attention (And help hopefully!)

Alex

Advertisement: