News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

"I'm busy" or "BRB" icon

Started by Bigguy, September 13, 2006, 02:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Sometimes I have my site open and I am just sittin on the index page doing nothin, I might even be browsing another site and not even paying attention to my site. I was wondering, under your avatar in all your posts and in the online list it shows you as online. Is there anyway to add a switch or an icon to show yourself as "Busy" or "AFK" (Away From Keyboard) or something just so people know that you might not be there at the particular time to give help or answer questions. ??? Just a thought I had.

Alan S

How about adding a extra profile field with a drop down selection menu of different status's?? If you didnt want it showing in your profile summary you could skip that code and just add the display.template.php code.
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

jacortina

Well, after (admin selectable) XX minutes of inactivity (that online time threshold), I believe that you'll no longer be considered online, anyway. Simply having the page displayed while surfing other sites doesn't keep you displayed as online.

Skipdawg

Kind of like that BRB is some chat clients huh? Could be a useful Admin tool.
Skipdawg's Community