News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Admin -> Permissions -> Set view gallery permission for each membergroup.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Ken.

Quote from: Taintedlore on March 10, 2007, 06:45:22 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 10, 2007, 06:02:06 PM
Open /Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php
Find
?>
Make sure it is on its own line then try to install the mod again.
Thanks, can install sucessfully now, problem solved. :)[

When having issues with something it's always good to read through threads that are already posted about those issues... in other words;
"Thanks VB, you answered my question before I even had a chance to ask!!!"  :)
Worked like a charm.
Thanks... Ken
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

edwardsiow

after i have installed smf gallery, no thumbnails appear after i have uploaded the photos...

i am using smf 1.1.2 and tiny portal installed...using mySql and apache server...

don't have other mods installed and using default theme...

anybody know why? thanks for your help....your kindness much appreciate....

vbgamer45

You need to have GD installed.
Check Admin -> Support and Credits GD needs to be listed.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dumbelljunkie

I've been struggeling with this mod all morning and I'm pretty pissed.
SMF 112, fresh install, PHP 4.3.11 MySQL 4.1.21, GD 2.0.28 compatible, Apache 2.0.53

512: package_flush_cache(): some files are still not writable
Bestand: /home/vhosts/powerlifting-forum.nl/httpdocs/forums/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Regel: 1905

2: fopen(/home/vhosts/powerlifting-forum.nl/httpdocs/forums/Sources/Gallery.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Bestand: /home/vhosts/powerlifting-forum.nl/httpdocs/forums/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Regel: 1901

it generates about 40 errors to install, what the heck am I doing wrong here ?
SMF 1.1.2 Joomla 1.0.12 Bridge 1.1.7

Ken.

Most likely we'll have to wait for vbgamer45 to give you the right answer, but the first line in your error msg is saying that some files are not writable so while waiting for him I would try checking to be sure that the required files are set to 777.
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

edwardsiow

my GD version: bundled (2.0.28 compatible)

but no thumbnails appear....

hmm.....any help?

G6™

Quote from: dumbelljunkie on March 14, 2007, 08:42:58 AM
I've been struggeling with this mod all morning and I'm pretty pissed.
SMF 112, fresh install, PHP 4.3.11 MySQL 4.1.21, GD 2.0.28 compatible, Apache 2.0.53

512: package_flush_cache(): some files are still not writable
Regel: 1905

2: fopen(/home/vhosts/powerlifting-forum.nl/httpdocs/forums/Sources/Gallery.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Regel: 1901

it generates about 40 errors to install, what the heck am I doing wrong here ?

As ken said, make sure you have set the permissions to the /Sources/Gallery.php 755 or 777 depending on your host server settings, and try again.

Boottis

Hello! I would love to have some help...

I have upgraded SMF to 1.1.2 and SMF gallery to 1.7.1 and i have now a little error... Every time when a user watches a picture in Gallery it gives a error like this:

8: Undefined index: gallery_at
Tiedosto: /home/webadmin/www.>CENCORED<.net/html/Keskustelu/Themes/default/languages/Gallery.finnish.php (eval?)
Rivi: 695

What does that mean? I have copyed the language files all over again and it gives the same error again and again... The gallery works OK anyway but i have to delete 17 pages of errors everyday from SMF and it is quite boring...

If someone can help i would be very happy :-)

vbgamer45

Make sure that you have the latest language files for your translatation.
New versions of the Gallery have the gallery_at language string.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

edwardsiow

ok....finally i have solved the problem...

first time, i installed the SMF Gallery without GD library installed (PHP)...
so, i installed it after that...but i still can't view the thumbnail....
i try to uninstall the SMF Gallery and install again....this time i can see the thumbnail...
thanks god....i like to have this good mods....and successfully installed without problem....

thanks vbgamer45 and G6 for helping me solving the problem....

papados

Hi there! I have a small problem, when I try to view a picture before it is approved. I press on the thumbnail, and everything stucks. After that, I cannot browse anymore the forum and I need to delete the cookie file and log-in again. Is this a known issue?

edit: It was my fault. Sorry for the false alarm  :(

I would also like to make a suggestion, regarding pictures awaiting approval. I believe that it would be nice, if a moderator could see from this menu, which category the picture is uploaded to. And be able to affect that in this menu. Many members get confused and upload pictures to the wrong category, especially when they are uploading many pictures in the row.

Well done for this nice gallery. Of course the lite version is quite poor in functionality, however with some hand-made additions I did for personal use, it is fine.  :D ;)

Matthew Schenker

I'm interested in upgrading to the Pro version of this software.

Just want to make sure I don't have any issues:
I installed the Lite version in SMF 1.1.1
I then upgraded to SMF 1.1.2, and I had to do some tweaking of Gallery Lite to get it working (not fun)

My question is, if I install Gallery Pro will it go into my forum cleanly?  I really don't feel like tweaking code again.

Thanks!

vbgamer45

What kind of issues were you having witht the lite edition?
Using a custom theme will always require one edit on the index.template.php of the custom theme.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Matthew Schenker

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 15, 2007, 09:40:25 PM
Using a custom theme will always require one edit on the index.template.php of the custom theme.

I'm using the default theme, and I had to manually change the menus to have "Gallery" appear and have it link to the files.

ra-punzel72

This does not work when the board is set to german -> there is no menu item for the configuration.

vbgamer45

Quote from: ra-punzel72 on March 16, 2007, 09:54:32 AM
This does not work when the board is set to german -> there is no menu item for the configuration.
You need to copy the txt strings from modifications.english.php to languages/modifications.yourlanguage.php

Quote from: Matthew Schenker on March 16, 2007, 07:26:39 AM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 15, 2007, 09:40:25 PM

I'm using the default theme, and I had to manually change the menus to have "Gallery" appear and have it link to the files.

If it fails on the defaul ttheme I can manually install it on the default theme for you.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Ilovefoxes

I really like the mod.

Suggestions:
- Set as optional to display "max kb limit" and "max width and height";
- Allow to display on gallery index the latest images on categories and or a general latest images;

Photoshocker

Hi, is there any way to put my pictures with imageshack in the gallery?  

vbgamer45

Not at this time pictures need to be directly uploaded.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: