News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Advanced Visual Verification

Started by Harzem, September 18, 2006, 08:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark7144

Dorte

Yes I desperately need it for 1.1 too! Please! :D

Badmovies.org

I agree that this is a big want for the new 1.1 version.  I did the upgrade, thinking "nothing could be out of whack that I would miss."  Big mistake on my part.  The Advanced Visual Verification mod is a must have.  I think that I am going to roll back to 1.1 RC3 until it is ready.
Andrew Borntreger
Champion of Cinematic Disasters
The Bad Movie Website
www.badmovies.org

zigzag

Gobo

Looking forward to the 1.1 compatible mod :D

Krysia

rejetto

i have guest posts enabled, and as i upgraded to final 1.1 was flooded by spam.  :'(

couldn't wait for the new version of this mod, so i forced compatibility, with little care, and installed it on my forum.

i attach here so you can see it and test it. remember it is good only for testing!

RXL

I too vote for 1.1-final.
Thank You!

BigMike

I have not 1) installed this mod nor 2) read all 16 pages, so I'll make this quick and dirty: I like the idea of requiring the image for sending PMs, but can this be set so that it only requires the image if multiple recipients are added?

Last night for the first time in 5 years a spammer mass PMed members of my forum. Requiring the Image verification if a defined number of recipients were reached would be great because it would not require every member to verify the Image if they are just sending a 1-on-1 PM.

This could be a user-defined number that could be changed in the admin. For instance I would set it to 2 or 3. I like the default limit of recipients (as per SMF) at 10, but right now I have it set to 4 just in case this spammer is to make a repeat showing.

If this is an option then I will install this mod. Otherwise if I don't get a response, or its not a feature, I will consider changing the code with permission from HarzeM today.

Thankyou in advance,
BigMike

Harzem

Due to my internet connection lost for a few days, I was unable to login here and reply.

I'm considering to update the mod for 1.1 by improvements, removing database table, adding more settings etc... Your suggestion sounds good. Currently it doesn't have that feature, so you may modify your copy if you want, until I'll release a new version.

Daniel Hofverberg

HarzeM: Any way for you to implement CAPTCHA on "Send topic", that I suggested earlier in this topic?

Harzem

Yes, one of the great ideas and I'm considering to implement it ;)

Daniel15

This MOD is compatible with SMF 1.1, just you need to do a few things to install it:
1) You need to tell the package manager to emulate a different version number (SMF 1.1 RC3). To do this, put ;emulate_version=1.1 RC3 at the end of the Package Manager URL.
2) You need to do an edit to Register.php (the package doesn't modify it correctly, as the bit to change has changed in SMF 1.1 Final). Open Sources/Register.php, and find:

// Check whether the visual verification code was entered correctly.
if (empty($modSettings['disable_visual_verification']) && (empty($_REQUEST['visual_verification_code']) || strtoupper($_REQUEST['visual_verification_code']) !== $_SESSION['visual_verification_code']))
{
$_SESSION['visual_errors'] = isset($_SESSION['visual_errors']) ? $_SESSION['visual_errors'] + 1 : 1;
if ($_SESSION['visual_errors'] > 3)
unset($_SESSION['visual_verification_code']);

fatal_lang_error('visual_verification_failed', false);
}

Replace with:

// Check whether the visual verification code was entered correctly.
if (empty($modSettings['disable_visual_verification']) && empty($modSettings['verificationDontAskRegister']))
{
require_once($sourcedir . '/Verification.php');
if ((empty($_REQUEST['visual_verification_code']) || !verifyCode(strtoupper($_REQUEST['visual_verification_code']))))
fatal_lang_error('visual_verification_failed');
}

Then, the MOD should be working :D
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Kindred

strange...

I get no picture for the visual verification. :(

the whole thing seems to have installed correctly, but the picture (no matter which method of display I choose) comes up with the "missing picture" graphic.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mark7144

Quote from: Kindred on December 06, 2006, 12:04:49 PM
strange...

I get no picture for the visual verification. :(

the whole thing seems to have installed correctly, but the picture (no matter which method of display I choose) comes up with the "missing picture" graphic.

Same here.

Gobo

isnt the visual verification fixed in 1.1 ?

Kindred

and I am getting a log of errors:

8: Undefined index: verificationAskPM
File: /site.../Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 1471
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Harzem

akulion, it didn't fail in 1.1 RC3, so there is no "fix". It just needed impovement, in image and security, and a few additional features for only the ones who want these.

Kindred, I know there are errors. I'll be fixing them when releasing 1.1 version (tomorrow).

BigMike

Thankyou very much HarzeM. I think I should upgrade to the (final) 1.1, and then install your mod v1.1 after that...

Advertisement: