News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Member Awards (2.0 Compatible!)

Started by Spuds, September 18, 2006, 03:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

Admin > Awards > Main

You'll have to find the award, and click the members icon.

then, check the box next to each name you want to remove the award from, and click "Unassign Award"

Cool_Hand_Luke

hcfwesker

Admin > Awards > Categories >  ( bottom right, you'll see a green plus sign )  it is kinda hidden lol

ashish101

I just installed it on SMF 2.0.1 and I am getting below error:-

Unknown column 'a.id_category' in 'on clause'
File: ....../Sources/ManageAwards.php
Line: 100

I had to uninstall it as all the pages started throwing some database error.

Any idea about it?

Hragged

Hi there, I was was wondering does this mod allow for awards that can be assigned by members to themselves?

Michael Pfaff

This mod just broke my forum.

I installed it, then uninstalled it clicking "remove all content" and now I am getting a crazy error:

QuoteTable 'lou1127201571186.smf_awards_members' doesn't exist
File: /home/content/62/8427762/html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1031

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.2, while your database is at version 2.0.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

This is kind of a pain...

Any suggestions on fixing this?

Michael Pfaff

Ok, reinstalled the mod and now my forum works. However, in each post the members have TWO sections for Awards and when I click on them I get this error:

QuoteFatal error: Cannot redeclare template_awards() (previously declared in /home/content/62/8427762/html/forum/Sources/Load.php(2217) : eval()'d code:2984) in /home/content/62/8427762/html/forum/Sources/Load.php(2217) : eval()'d code on line 3264

How can I fix this? Is there an easy way to just delete this mod and get back to my original forum files?

Here's the link to my forum:

http://louisvillednd.com/forum

PM me for Tester login.

Michael Pfaff

Ok, update:

I've successfully uninstalled and deleted the mod. The only problem I am facing now is that the "awards" link still shows on the profile in posts.

When you click on it, it takes you to an awards page, but it is empty.

Additionally, in the Profile Info the "Show Awards" and "Awards List" is still active...

And, in the Admin panel, under Configuration, there is still an Awards link, but when I click on it I get:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/62/8427762/html/forum/Sources/ManageAwards.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/62/8427762/html/forum/Sources/Admin.php on line 522

How can I get rid of this stuff entirely?

hcfwesker

Then the MOD did not successfully un-install properly.  Now you're gonna have to parse the MOd from the mod page ( selecting your version of SMF for the correct edits)  and search each file listed and and remove/replace any codes that weren't un-installed in those files.

Also, there's no SMF copyright on your forum.  Just the smf version. I'm not sure if they change their T.O.S.  about this, but the copyright has to be in the footer or your forum could be taken down.

Copyright © 2012 Louisville D&D
SMF 2.0.2 |

You're missing the rest of the SMF footer

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines

Michael Pfaff

Thanks for the quick response!

Quote from: hcfwesker on January 09, 2012, 12:02:18 PM
Then the MOD did not successfully un-install properly.  Now you're gonna have to parse the MOd from the mod page ( selecting your version of SMF for the correct edits)  and search each file listed and and remove/replace any codes that weren't un-installed in those files.

Yikes. That's rough. Must be done though I guess.

I would also like to point out that much of the functionality of this mod was not available to me. I could not Edit Categories (the "green" icon mentioned above never showed up for me), I couldn't Delete Awards and there was an error when I tried to replace one image with another that said the new file would not upload.

Not sure if it was just my theme messing this up or not, but the dev may want to look into it.

Quote from: hcfwesker on January 09, 2012, 12:02:18 PMAlso, there's no SMF copyright on your forum.  Just the smf version. I'm not sure if they change their T.O.S.  about this, but the copyright has to be in the footer or your forum could be taken down.

Yeah, I didn't really change anything, I guess it's the theme that set it up like that?

Is there an easy way to update the footer?

SD-X

Heya guys. I installed this in SMF 2.0.2, and although some features were a little funky in the way they worked when submitting certain things, everything works as intended. However, I have found an issue. The mod seems to spam the error log on the forum whenever a user views another user's awards:

<URL removed>/index.php?action=profile;u=90;area=listAwards8: Undefined index: viewFile: <URL removed>/Themes/default/languages/ManageAwards.english.php (awards_list sub template - eval?)
Line: 3150

The users themselves don't appear to see the error, so I'm assuming it's just a bug in the code that the forum is complaining about. Has anyone else received this?

hcfwesker

Quote from: SugarD-x on January 09, 2012, 07:14:10 PMThe mod seems to spam the error log on the forum whenever a user views another user's awards:

Sometimes when you get an undefined error, its best to ue the search function on the MOds topic pahe, would brought right to this ...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=114701.msg3116828#msg3116828

^ Remember, there's 2 listings, make sure both have the added line, as in the instructions in the linked post.

SD-X

Quote from: hcfwesker on January 09, 2012, 07:39:38 PM
Quote from: SugarD-x on January 09, 2012, 07:14:10 PMThe mod seems to spam the error log on the forum whenever a user views another user's awards:

Sometimes when you get an undefined error, its best to ue the search function on the MOds topic pahe, would brought right to this ...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=114701.msg3116828#msg3116828

^ Remember, there's 2 listings, make sure both have the added line, as in the instructions in the linked post.
According to the topic title at that time, that was when the mod was SMF 2.0 RC4 compatible. The current title of the topic states that it is now SMF 2.0 Gold compatible, as does the mod's page itself. That means this shouldn't be arising in the mod now with an even later version of SMF if it was fixed previously.

The search result you linked me to also refers to the index error of "view", whereas mine is "viewfile" :S

Cereus

Quote7.    Executar modificação    ./Sources/Subs.php    Falha

I've tried to install in SMF 2.0.2, but it don't changes "subs.php".  What I do?

Hugs.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Cereus

It's works. An other MOD changed the sintaxe.

TY.

CatHunterSteve

SMF 2.0.1 Version.....I tried to install Member Awards and got this error advising me not to continue install due to failure. See attached file failure.
What should I do?

sharks

Hi Spuds

I hope you can add auto-awarding, as it's the next best feature that this mod could have, since for moderate to large communities, it can be a serious hassle to manually keep track of the awarding when the member reaches a certain post count, etc. You could allow setting different conditions for the awards to be automatically added to the member's profile.

hcfwesker

Quote from: CatHunterSteve on January 17, 2012, 12:09:01 AM
SMF 2.0.1 Version.....I tried to install Member Awards and got this error advising me not to continue install due to failure. See attached file failure.
What should I do?

Quote from: Kindred on January 14, 2012, 10:18:05 PM
Manually install into that file

CatHunterSteve

Quote from: hcfwesker on January 17, 2012, 05:10:21 AM
Quote from: CatHunterSteve on January 17, 2012, 12:09:01 AM
What should I do?

Quote from: Kindred on January 14, 2012, 10:18:05 PM
Manually install into that file
Manually installed to sources/admin.php but menu not showing up in admin center to configure awards....help!

Advertisement: