Member Awards (2.0 Compatible!)

Started by Spuds, September 18, 2006, 03:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fed Drago

Yes But I only have 6 mods installed. Regardless noobs like me are not really knowledgeable in Manual installs.

Here is the error.

Quote*    7.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed

It would be nice to get this mod to not have any manual install lines.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Thank you.

hcfwesker

Quote from: Fed Drago on February 03, 2012, 10:17:12 AMIt would be nice to get this mod to not have any manual install lines.

MODs are designed to install on fresh forum installs.  Once you add 1 MOD, it alters the files, therefore other MODs being installed afterwards cant find the original code line, because a previously installed MOD altered it.

that code in Sources/Subs.php, is at tghe VERY TOP of the file.  You previously installed a MOD that added an admin menu or permission.

Find the line that resembles this

$context['allow_admin'] = allowedTo(array('admin_forum', 'manage_boards', 'manage_permissions', 'moderate_forum', 'manage_membergroups', 'manage_bans', 'send_mail', 'edit_news', 'manage_attachments', 'manage_smileys'));

you'll probabllu see that something got added after , 'manage_smileys'  due to another MOd being installed

all you have to do is add this inside that list of other admin permissions.  easy as it gets ;)
, 'manage_awards

Then install the MOD.  It will still show the install error, but as long as you made the manual edit, just install the MOD.

Fed Drago

hcfwesker

Quote from: Fed Drago on February 03, 2012, 11:15:30 AM
Alright I will give it a shot  :)

since i know you have skype, if you want, PM me your skype id, and I'll help show you how to do this, along with some basics on how to install MODs with install errors, for when you get them on future installs.

Fed Drago

Quote from: hcfwesker on February 03, 2012, 01:03:35 PM
Quote from: Fed Drago on February 03, 2012, 11:15:30 AM
Alright I will give it a shot  :)

since i know you have skype, if you want, PM me your skype id, and I'll help show you how to do this, along with some basics on how to install MODs with install errors, for when you get them on future installs.

Thank you or that offer I will take you up on that later down the line.

MrCreatoR

natzy24

Is there any eta of a fix for the mod_security error or could anyone give me the files modified that would need fixing? I've tried to do so myself but I might have made some errors

hcfwesker

Quote from: natzy24 on February 03, 2012, 11:01:55 PM
Is there any eta of a fix for the mod_security error

this is the first I've ever heard of this coming from this MOD

natzy24

I'll reword slightly then

On a url like this: http://dragonagerpg.amazeart.net/index.php?action=profile;area=awardsMembers;id=1 [nofollow]

I get the following error:

QuoteMethod Not Implemented

GET to /index.php not supported.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is there any fixes for this?

hcfwesker

natzy24

when I read back it was hinted that it might be something to do with Mod_Security or something similar and that there was a beta version that 'fixed' this

hcfwesker

I never updated, and never had an issue with tyhe Awards MOD i have installed.   Perhaps you can try and test it.  I'll attach it.  You'll have to emulate to SMF 2 RC5  to get it installed.  then just revert back to 2.0.2 after installed.

natzy24

Tried this, tried even doing a clean install after totally uninstalling to install again come across two errors now:

First of all none of the images for assign etc show, second of all I click on the modify link

and get this in response

Method Not Implemented

GET to /index.php not supported.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Kindred

it's due to a silly (mis)configuration on the host's side.....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

natzy24

Quote from: Kindred on February 04, 2012, 02:55:25 AM
it's due to a silly (mis)configuration on the host's side.....

Which means in English? Would you be able to help me fix it?

Kindred

Only your host can fix it....  They think that mod_security makes the server safe.... It doesn't and us not necessary if the server is configured correctly to start with.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

natzy24

Should I contact them what do I say?

Spuds

Just like Kindred said, its an incompatibility with mod_security, specifically mod_security does not like ;id= in a url .... it thinks thats all hacky.

You can try adding the following to the top of your .htaccess file

<IfModule mod_security.c>
  SecFilterEngine Off
  SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

That will either a) fix it b) do nothing c) create a 500 /404 error.  If c then remove those lines

Quote from: hcfwesker on February 03, 2012, 11:31:36 PM
I never updated, and never had an issue with tyhe Awards MOD i have installed.   Perhaps you can try and test it.  I'll attach it.  You'll have to emulate to SMF 2 RC5  to get it installed.  then just revert back to 2.0.2 after installed.
That version and the one on the download site are 99.9% the same so its not going to change a thing expect the old version has even more HTML validation errors then the current one and the old one requires emulation mode while the current one does not.  Use whatever version floats your boat but there are no real  function changes.

Quote from: MrCreatoR on February 03, 2012, 07:17:22 PM
Anyone?
That looks more like you did not save the translation file as UTF8 or the forum is not in UTF8 mode or what you uploaded did not upload correctly, other than that I don't know, its not something the mod is doing.

Quotebeta version that 'fixed' this
Never got out of Beta :P .... still intend to get back to it one of these days.

hcfwesker

Quote from: hcfwesker on February 03, 2012, 11:31:36 PM
Quote from: Spuds on February 04, 2012, 08:05:59 PMThat version and the one on the download site are 99.9% the same so its not going to change a thing expect the old version has even more HTML validation errors then the current one and the old one requires emulation mode while the current one does not.  Use whatever version floats your boat but there are no real  function changes.

Around that time was when you took up the MOD, and were working with test versions of newer features you were wanting to add.   like auto-add awards and stuff.   but it never went through.  So, I just stuck with the version I had until there were actual new things to warrant a new install version.  that's all.  nothing to do with what "floats my boat"   :P

natzy24

Quote from: Spuds on February 04, 2012, 08:05:59 PM
Just like Kindred said, its an incompatibility with mod_security, specifically mod_security does not like ;id= in a url .... it thinks thats all hacky.

You can try adding the following to the top of your .htaccess file

<IfModule mod_security.c>
  SecFilterEngine Off
  SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

That will either a) fix it b) do nothing c) create a 500 /404 error.  If c then remove those lines

Hey - thanks for the advice however I have made contact with the person who looks after the servers and they seem willing to turn mod_security off for that domain

Advertisement: