News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

add to email notification

Started by supra, September 29, 2006, 06:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supra

hi,
i have added the following to the registration page, and it works fine.  But  ;) how do i add the info to the email that is sent to admin to inform a new member has joined?

<td>
   <input type="text" name="location" size="30" />
                  </td>

And

instead of the text field can a drop down munu be used but mandatory to choose an option, or radio buttons but again made mandatory.

i have the code for radio but cant do tha mandatory part, same goes for adding info to email on all counts though.

thanks  ;D
Free Debt Advice www.consumercorner.co.uk/forum [nofollow]
Reclaim bank charges

codenaught

supra, I would like to help you, but I am having trouble understanding what you want to do.

If you want to add something in the text for the email that is sent when a new member joins you might want to edit the language files: Themes/default/languages/Login.english.php.

// Use numeric entities in the below three strings.
$txt['admin_notify_subject'] = 'A new member has joined';
$txt['admin_notify_profile'] = '%s has just signed up as a new member of your forum. Click the link below to view their profile.';
$txt['admin_notify_approval'] = 'Before this member can begin posting they must first have their account approved. Click the link below to go to the approval screen.';

As for the second question, I am not sure what you mean.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

supra

thats excellent not sure what i meant either  ;D

but that was the important bit i couldnt find it. your a star
Reclaim bank charges

supra

back again.  The following is where the info is of what to send in the email notification of new member joined.  thanks  ;)

Quote// Use numeric entities in the below three strings.
$txt['admin_notify_subject'] = 'A new member has joined';
$txt['admin_notify_profile'] = '%s has just signed up as a new member of your forum. Click the link below to view their profile.';

However i have added a new field to the registration page as follows

<tr>
<td width="40%">
<b>&nbsp;Where did you here about us?&nbsp:</b>
</td>
<td>
<input type="text" name="referal"size="30" />   </td></tr> 

this works fine, however i want to add the info they put into that box to the email notification i recieve and their profile (profile bit not to important)

i am presuming it has something to do with '%s in the code above.

Sorry for the confusion

Shaun
Reclaim bank charges

Advertisement: