Adding a leftside bar?

Started by SMdot™, May 30, 2007, 11:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMdot™

Okay so I'm modifying the CS-DK theme with my own header (removing the little Counter Strike guy) and I want to add a left side bar or w/e you call it, a table that will "float" on the left side of the articles on the main page... http://simpgfx.com/forum/index.php

Does anyone know what code I need to add a table to the side? Doesn't even have to be TP compatible although that would be AWESOME. I tried using crips conversion tutorial but I couldn't find anything similar to the codes he said to look for/replace =( Anyways I'm trying to go for a look like www.planetrenders.net

IchBin™

You know you can request for themes to be converted at TinyPortal if you have the authors consent?
IchBin™        TinyPortal

SMdot™

Well I don't necessarily want to make it available for public... my theme is going to be altered a whole lot =P graphically and "physically" (tables, etc)

Does anyone know how to just add a floating table to the left side??

I have permission (consent) from the author.

choloman05

I know there's a code like that over at dynamicdrive.com - a "floating" one; I don't know if that's what you're looking for though. http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/staticmenu.htm

SMdot™

yeah floating isn't quite what I'm looking for =P I meant to say a "fixed" column.

choloman05

oh ok.  Why not a left side block?  I'm prolly just not understanding what you're looking for.

SMdot™

Quote from: choloman05 on May 31, 2007, 04:34:46 PM
oh ok.  Why not a left side block?  I'm prolly just not understanding what you're looking for.

as in for TP? i could deal with that as well =) However I tried using crips conversion tutorial and nothing was matching =(

choloman05

ohhh yeah, that's right, ok.  Sorry, didn't read op correctly.  As for code for a table, this is your basic format:

<table width="150" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center">
<tr>
  <td>
  </td>
</table>

Of course, you'll have to add the php "echo" tags.  And I'm not sure exactly where in the index.template.php you're gonna want to put that. Someone more knowledgable can chime in here..
</tr>
</table>

SMdot™

thanks but would you know how to make it so that table would be on the leftside of my current existing tables =P

take a look : O.o

SMdot™

okay I am such an idiot! I found that crip~ from TP has already converted it =P makes my life tons easier!

SMdot™

Quote from: IchBin™ on May 30, 2007, 11:37:54 PM
You know you can request for themes to be converted at TinyPortal if you have the authors consent?

grr. why didn't you tell me it had already been done =P

choloman05

hahaa.  well there ya go.  Good luck w/the rest

Advertisement: