News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Spam Me Not

Started by winrules, October 18, 2006, 05:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winrules

Try the new version. It should work.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

jayemmee

Seems OK - thanks!!!!!

limo2005

I am desperate for some help!

I installed SMN on smf 1.1, it installed ok with no errors!  And it worked. Only i uninstalled it! I got a Load.php error when attempting to access any part of the forum!

fatal error undefined function encodestring() /../..././../.sources.load.php  on line 951

Now! all that happens is we get a blank page when accessing the forum. Please help - Members restless!

Http://www.thebillfansite.co.uk

using MKPORTAL - Fine
SMF 1.1

Various mods
I dunno!

Skipdawg

So is this working fine with 1.1 final or not?
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

RoarinRow

Quote from: Skipdawg on December 13, 2006, 04:48:19 PM
So is this working fine with 1.1 final or not?

it's working for me.  i did update the package.xml info and add 1.1 to the code.  see attached.

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

winrules

Skipdawg - I will update the rest of my mods (including this one) over the weekend hopefully.

Just as a note limo2005's problem was solved.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

Skipdawg

Quote from: winrules on December 13, 2006, 06:14:38 PM
Skipdawg - I will update the rest of my mods (including this one) over the weekend hopefully.

Thanks allot. Just way to many mods used to try myself. Time is just to limited for me this time of the year. So trying to slap all the mods I can back into place before next week.  ;)

Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

limo2005

CORRECT - I did have a lot of mods installed!  Error was removed by renaming the Changed/backup files to origional and then reinstalling!

Thanks
I dunno!

buhaychat.com

Quote from: limo2005 on December 13, 2006, 08:51:53 PM

yeah same here it installed fine ,but had a problem with subs so I just renamed the backup Subs.php~

CORRECT - I did have a lot of mods installed!  Error was removed by renaming the Changed/backup files to origional and then reinstalling!

Thanks

tarkhorani

Installations actions for "Spam Me Not Mod":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Display.php    Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/QueryString.php    Test successful
Get a Free SMForum on http://www.myboards.com (Ver 1.1.1)

spottedhog

Hi,

I have your mod installed on SMF 1.1.2 on a new, not publicized site.  I have not used the $webmaster_email for anything.  Yesterday I got a spam from a firm asking if I wanted to use their mailing service, on that $webmaster_email address.

How did they harvest the admin email address?

thanks,

Daniel Hofverberg

The mod makes it harder to harvest e-mail addresses in public by encoding them with a bunch of HTML entities, but it is of course still possible to obtain it manually - if the e-mail address is mentioned in a post or in your profile, then someone can of course just copy the address the old fashioned way.HTML-encoding e-mail address doesn't prevent harvesting either, just makes it harder as most spiders can't decipher it - that doesn't mean that no spider can.If you haven't posted the e-mail address in question publically, in a profile or post; then this mod wouldn't have any effect at all in the matter.

kill3r

Nice mod. thanks for coding this.

TrueSatan

Quote from: spottedhog on May 25, 2007, 09:01:35 AM
Hi,

I have your mod installed on SMF 1.1.2 on a new, not publicized site.  I have not used the $webmaster_email for anything.  Yesterday I got a spam from a firm asking if I wanted to use their mailing service, on that $webmaster_email address.

How did they harvest the admin email address?

thanks,

Unfortunately spammers look for registrations of new sites and spam the webmaster and postmaster addresses (and others) so though you may have reduced spam by your careful actions you won't eliminate it entirely.

solook

Does this work with 1.1.4?

and if my from sent mails to spam cai it to send to inbox?

Daniel Hofverberg

solook: The mod works fine with SMF 1.1.4 - I'm using it myself on my forum. I don't quite understand your second question, but the mod doesn't affect outgoing e-mails in any way. It only affects published visible e-mail addresses on the forum.

newartco

Thanks for this Mod. I installed it and tested it with an email harvester programme. Works fine
on my SMF forums www.newartco.net [nofollow] and printforum.biz [nofollow]

Klaus

dsespana

I installed this mod on a clean new installation after updating to 1.1.7. It seemed to install fine, then after installation the site would not load from the admin or public view.

I used ftp to rename the 4 files ~ back to original and this allowed the site to load correctly. I just cant delete the mod from the "modification packages"

1. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Test failed
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/Display.php Test failed
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test failed
4. Execute Modification ./Sources/QueryString.php Test failed

Now the administration and front end load, the problem is that when you click on ANY topic to view you see this error:

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'main' template. 

I can create a new thread and save ok, the thread is added to the forum however clicking on any thread to view returns the same error:

I created a new category, then removed the original default category but still the same error?

=====================

Update:

Nothing I tried would correct this error. Lucky it was a clean install really! I just deleted the whole site and then re-installed from Fantasico.

Lot of work for installing a small mod, but then I know now!

Daniel Hofverberg

Are there any plans for upgrading this mod to SMF 2.0 RC1? In my opinion, this mod is a must, and is the main thing that prevents me from upgrading right now.

Advertisement: